Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Hoping someone can offer some advice.

Picked up a new Q7 50 TDi last month. The following day, when cold, it hesitated between 1k and 2k revs. It feels like it will stall and then cuts power and comes back. I booked it in for an inspection and was advised there's an outstanding technical bulletin relating to the speed sensor. I've been told I need to sit patiently until Audi resolve it.

The car has since become ridiculous. Pulling out of junctions is dangerous unless you switch to manual and floor it. The car has done 700 miles now.

Does anyone know about the issue, or perhaps can advice about how long Audi usually resolve such issues. I know that may be hard to define, but I mean is it days or months.

I feel like rejecting the car as faulty.

Thanks

0 0 0

2. Re: Issue with 2019 Q7 50 TDi - Hesitation from speed sensor issue 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    35 Post(s)
    sounds like the engine stop/start kicking in and out? try to turn that off and see if you still have that problem?
    Q7 272PS S-Line | Tech Pack | Dyn Pack | Tour Pack Adv | Leather Pack | Park Assist Pack | Comfort & Sound Pack | All-Wheel Steering | Matrix | Pan Roof | Drv+Pass Mem Seats | Full Valcona | Heated Rear Seats | Night Vision | BOSE | Heat+Snd Ins Glass | Heated Windscreen | Heated Steering Wheel | Adv Key | Side Assist | Air Susp | Ambient Lighting | Heated Mirrors | 360 Cameras | Rear Airbags | Glacier White | Gloss Black Alloys | Carbon Door Mirrors | Black Roof Rails | Rear Sunblinds | Audi LED Entry Lights | De-badged

0 0 0

3. Re: Issue with 2019 Q7 50 TDi - Hesitation from speed sensor issue 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    65 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by marcusjames View Post
    Hoping someone can offer some advice.

Picked up a new Q7 50 TDi last month. The following day, when cold, it hesitated between 1k and 2k revs. It feels like it will stall and then cuts power and comes back. I booked it in for an inspection and was advised there's an outstanding technical bulletin relating to the speed sensor. I've been told I need to sit patiently until Audi resolve it.

The car has since become ridiculous. Pulling out of junctions is dangerous unless you switch to manual and floor it. The car has done 700 miles now.

Does anyone know about the issue, or perhaps can advice about how long Audi usually resolve such issues. I know that may be hard to define, but I mean is it days or months.

I feel like rejecting the car as faulty.

Thanks
    It could be a common problem of new 286PS Audi engines. It is called "major throttle lag issue". If you dig in other Q7/Q8 forums (German's) you will find many complains about this. Audi knows the problem as well as their dealers but so far they have no solution. It is related to the new engine and gearbox software implemented to meet new WLTP standards. I could be mistaken but it may also concern your problem.

0 0 0

4. Issue with 2019 Q7 50 TDi - Hesitation from speed sensor issue 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    183 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Retom View Post
    It could be a common problem of new 286PS Audi engines. It is called "major throttle lag issue". If you dig in other Q7/Q8 forums (German's) you will find many complains about this. Audi knows the problem as well as their dealers but so far they have no solution. It is related to the new engine and gearbox software implemented to meet new WLTP standards. I could be mistaken but it may also concern your problem.
    Sounds a logical explanation alongside the stop start kicking in

How long they will take for a fix....you’d hope it’s pretty quick and a priority for them especially when it could have consequences as OP mentioned pulling out at junctions is dangerous.

It took Audi almost 18months to find a solution to a Q5 brake pedal issue where it clanged on release. I guess that wasn’t a safety issue so may have taken longer but I’d hope this is resolved quickly.

OP can’t remember now how long you have had your car but you could place on record that you’re not happy and considering rejecting the car - play nice with your dealer and keep them on side and maybe set a date well within 6 months with them to say if no fix by x date then I’ll reject etc etc see what they say.

Ultimately it’s your call - Audi could fix this pretty quickly or could take a while, however they’ll be working on a software update in the background I’m sure

0 0 0

5. Re: Issue with 2019 Q7 50 TDi - Hesitation from speed sensor issue 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    78 Post(s)
    Strange this - I had one of these (March 2019 reg, 50 TDI, 6k on clock) as a loaner from a dealer recently and I found it really response, more so than my own Q7. Didn’t notice any hesitation. Maybe it had learnt the deal’er’s driving style though :-) p.s. Does this gearbox s/w do that?

And I was well used to that sort of thing as I previously had a LR disco sport diesel with an annoying ZF 9HP gearbox - the software that would regularly drop torque off whilst it pondered which gear to select, especially pulling out at junctions <10mph. Had to flappy paddle it lots in normal driving to get around it. It’s one of the main reasons I switched, second to build quality. Apparently that gearbox s/w was supposed to learn and adapt to your diving style.

I’m sure Audi will fix this as it will really hurt their reputation.

Q7 3.0 TDi ABT Power 325bhp MY16 S-Line Tech/Tour/Trailer packs, orca black, 21 inch 9.5J rims, rotor grey leather, sunroof, BOSE, ambient lighting, reversing cam, drivers memory seat. Gtechniq Crystal Serum Ultra ceramic coating. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.
    | Q7 3.0 TDi ABT Power 325bhp MY16 S-Line Tech/Tour/Trailer packs, orca black, 21 inch 9.5J rims, rotor grey leather, sunroof, BOSE, ambient lighting, reversing cam, drivers memory seat. Gtechniq Crystal Serum Ultra ceramic coating |

0 0 0

6. Re: Issue with 2019 Q7 50 TDi - Hesitation from speed sensor issue 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    65 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wardienet View Post
    Strange this - I had one of these (March 2019 reg, 50 TDI, 6k on clock) as a loaner from a dealer recently and I found it really response, more so than my own Q7. Didn’t notice any hesitation. Maybe it had learnt the deal’er’s driving style though :-) p.s. Does this gearbox s/w do that?

And I was well used to that sort of thing as I previously had a LR disco sport diesel with an annoying ZF 9HP gearbox - the software that would regularly drop torque off whilst it pondered which gear to select, especially pulling out at junctions <10mph. Had to flappy paddle it lots in normal driving to get around it. It’s one of the main reasons I switched, second to build quality. Apparently that gearbox s/w was supposed to learn and adapt to your diving style.

I’m sure Audi will fix this as it will really hurt their reputation.

Q7 3.0 TDi ABT Power 325bhp MY16 S-Line Tech/Tour/Trailer packs, orca black, 21 inch 9.5J rims, rotor grey leather, sunroof, BOSE, ambient lighting, reversing cam, drivers memory seat. Gtechniq Crystal Serum Ultra ceramic coating. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.
    This is very interesting opinion. Especially that as I see, you have ABT Power which should give you almost 40PS more vs 50TDI.
    My dealer gave me Q8 50TDI for a weekend test and I was very disappointed by performance of this engine. When I came back to my old, good Q7 it was like "a night and day". As my dealer said they have many complains about throttle lag and they recommend to drive these new TDIs mainly on a sport mode. This improves slightly the engine and gearbox response but not fully solve the problem. BMW is not "my fairy tale" but their new X5 (G05) engines are fantastic (30D and M50D). BMW has many other quality issues with new X5 but engine and gearbox reactions are outstanding - despite of new WLTP restrictions which kill Audi TDIs without electric compressor.
    Also technical data does't lie: yes, 50TDI has slightly more power but the torque curve is much worst than in 272PS engine.
    As I have mentioned in my other posts, you can find in the net a lot of discussions about this serious throttle lag. This applies also to a new TFSI but in lesser extend. Audi has to solve this problem otherwise their competition will totally beat them. Perhaps the launch of new plug-in hybrid will solve the problem as electric engine could support acceleration on low diesel engine speed.

0 0 0

7. Issue with 2019 Q7 50 TDi - Hesitation from speed sensor issue 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    78 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Retom View Post
    This is very interesting opinion. Especially that as I see, you have ABT Power which should give you almost 40PS more vs 50TDI.
    Good point - sorry what I meant was the 50TDI compared to what my Q7 was like WITHOUT the ABT Power, given I remember that as only had it installed a few months ago. Clearly the ABT makes quite a noticeable difference on top.

And I was driving the 50TDI in Dynamic mode for reference, it was the dealer’s car and looked like they left it in that all the time for demo’s etc. Maybe that is suspicious. I should have taken it out and tried Comfort/Economy! Sorry don’t have it now.

| Q7 3.0 TDi ABT Power 325bhp MY16 S-Line Tech/Tour/Trailer packs, orca black, 21 inch 9.5J rims, rotor grey leather, sunroof, BOSE, ambient lighting, reversing cam, drivers memory seat. Gtechniq Crystal Serum Ultra ceramic coating |

0 0 0

8. Re: Issue with 2019 Q7 50 TDi - Hesitation from speed sensor issue 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    My car is in the 2nd time for loss of power / missfire / hesitation.

Awaiting a software update to fix I will find the info for this and post the ecu types or software types.

As far as I'm concerned they had it in May and couldn't fix it. Tried to reject it and vwfs said they hadn't had a chance to repair so it's back today.

If they don't entertain the rejection it's going to financial ombudsman. It's shocking you can pay this much for a car and this fault be acceptable.

I don't know what car I'll get next as the q7 is best in its class imo. Looked at an x5 and wasn't convinced.

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

0 0 0

9. Re: Issue with 2019 Q7 50 TDi - Hesitation from speed sensor issue 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Had my 50TDI Q7 since November 18 and noticed this issue almost immediately.
    Took the car straight to the local dealer who informed me that there were no issues with the car and that they have had no other complaints from other owners. They basically stated that this is a characteristic of the car and not a fault as such. I was advised to switch off *** and to drive the car in Sport mode but this does not make the issue go away, it just helps ease the symptoms and brings other drawbacks.
    I have been trying to get used to this "characteristic" for 12 months and no matter what mode the car is driven in (apart from manual) or how much I try to preempt the hesitation, it still catches me out on a daily basis.
    The final straw came when I recently drove my partners Kia Sportage 2.0 Diesel 6 speed Auto and experienced a sense of utter relief when driving a car that actually did what I told it to and when. How good it felt to not have to constantly compensate for random loss of power at roundabouts and during overtaking.
    Anyway, took the car back into the dealers this week and was expecting the same response as last year but I am glad to say that Audi have now acknowledged the issue. Only problem is that they don't have an immediate fix and are awaiting a software update which is currently under development with no release date.
    I've got this car on a 3 year lease and have put up with this problem for twelve months already. What are my chances of getting this fixed before the lease runs out?

0 0 0

10. Re: Issue with 2019 Q7 50 TDi - Hesitation from speed sensor issue 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    So in regards to the issue....

I've been speaking with the financial ombudsman and in short Audi are self regulating and therefore can decide dependant on the amount of reports /issues / complaints if they want to create a fix.

I'm by no way saying that they are not working on this but certainly would not trust anyone in a car dealership if they told me there wax a fix coming any time soon, I've been waiting since May for this fix.....

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

0 0 0

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast