Notices

User Tag List

Thread: New Facelift Q7 Configuration Options??

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Re: New Facelift Q7 Configuration Options?? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Retom View Post
    This is unfortunately the sign of trend and cost saving policy.
    IMHO cost saving is all OK up to A3, probably up to A4, but there could be no reason to talk about such cost saving, if they want to sell cars with a premium, or even with luxury price tags. If they have the ability to rise the selling price, then it's not an acceptable argument for me, that they want to spare some money on the excusivity. IMHO.
    Audi Q7/4M MY2016, 3.0 TDI/200 KW Quattro

0 0 0

2. Re: New Facelift Q7 Configuration Options?? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    65 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AT. View Post
    IMHO cost saving is all OK up to A3, probably up to A4, but there could be no reason to talk about such cost saving, if they want to sell cars with a premium, or even with luxury price tags. If they have the ability to rise the selling price, then it's not an acceptable argument for me, that they want to spare some money on the excusivity. IMHO.
    Such a policy has also a certain advantage for some people: for example you buy Porsche Macan, remove model badge and your neighbor thinks that you have Cayenne .

0 0 0

3. Re: New Facelift Q7 Configuration Options?? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    183 Post(s)
    My problem is becoming the car we would like with options we would like currently no longer exists due to the issue that Andy’s explained...

But I do need to change...checked out VWs but it just didn’t do it. BMW is next one to look at - however dare I say the XC60 could be a possibility but I have reservations about Volvo as I remember it as old mans car

Would love to stick with Audi but it’s difficult...

0 0 0

4. Re: New Facelift Q7 Configuration Options?? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    183 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mazerati View Post
    Hi Andy,

Does that imply, that if you buy a model without a tow bar then fit one later ,
    your car is in effect illegal to use as it no longer fits the emmisions catagory??

Maybe in the future any retrofit additions will mean more road tax.

Thats Stupid !!
    Never thought of this....

So what happens when you change wheels say upgrade to 21s when car was bought on 20s?

0 0 0

5. Re: New Facelift Q7 Configuration Options?? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemo78 View Post
    Never thought of this....

So what happens when you change wheels say upgrade to 21s when car was bought on 20s?
    I was in at my local dealer last week and he was telling me about the WLTP issues and that Audi were only prepared to test so many combinations.

Apparently you can do what you want once the car is registered, so if I want running boards on the new car this is fine but they have to be fitted after they have registered the car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

0 0 0

6. Re: New Facelift Q7 Configuration Options?? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    35 Post(s)
    isn't WLTP an EU/Worldwide thing? it doesn't explain why Germany can have all the option combinations but we can't... in fact, they only pick SE or S-Line as trim levels and then add any options you want on top including ceramic brakes, anti-roll bar, perfume diffuser and aux heating/vent which weren't available on the 4M models (and NV, TV, B&O still available as options)...

interesting that in DE, they have to pay 430EUR to get DAB radio
    Q7 272PS S-Line | Tech Pack | Dyn Pack | Tour Pack Adv | Leather Pack | Park Assist Pack | Comfort & Sound Pack | All-Wheel Steering | Matrix | Pan Roof | Drv+Pass Mem Seats | Full Valcona | Heated Rear Seats | Night Vision | BOSE | Heat+Snd Ins Glass | Heated Windscreen | Heated Steering Wheel | Adv Key | Side Assist | Air Susp | Ambient Lighting | Heated Mirrors | 360 Cameras | Rear Airbags | Glacier White | Gloss Black Alloys | Carbon Door Mirrors | Black Roof Rails | Rear Sunblinds | Audi LED Entry Lights | De-badged

0 0 0

7. Re: New Facelift Q7 Configuration Options?? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jldiablo View Post
    isn't WLTP an EU/Worldwide thing? it doesn't explain why Germany can have all the option combinations but we can't...

If Andy's right, then the problem relies to the right-hand traffic, as in this case all the UK specified cars are significally different even if these are almost the same as the EU versions. If this is the issue, then well, I can better understand why they haven't got the time and the money to test all the possible Q7 combinations. If this is the issue, then the WLTP acts completly wrong in this case.
    Audi Q7/4M MY2016, 3.0 TDI/200 KW Quattro

0 1 0

8. Re: New Facelift Q7 Configuration Options?? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    5459B184-5326-4513-BFC1-54E645FC506C.jpgD2BD030E-B28F-4080-AB8A-FB3FA8E48FEF.jpgI went to spec the standard SQ7 at the weekend but couldn’t get the options I wanted, had to plum for the SQ7 Vorsprung in the end, arriving end of October.
    Audi SQ7 Vorsprung 2020

0 2 0

9. Re: New Facelift Q7 Configuration Options?? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Yes really frustrating with Audi's new restrictions on options ! On the SQ7 theres no dynamic suspension option ( 48 volt powered ) - no acoustic windscreen or glass option now either?
    On the Standard SQ7 theres only 2 zone climate - unacceptable in a car as big and expensive as this - no option other than to order a Vorsprung model to get 4 zone climate and heated rear seats!
    All these options are available to buyers in Germany
    If you want to spec a car as you want it - go for a Porsche Cayenne-

0 1 0

10. Re: New Facelift Q7 Configuration Options?? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)
    Andy good info,

I’ve also been looking at the specs of the new Q7 facelift...it’s absolutely crazy the lack of options you get.

Clearly Audi are pushing the vorsprungs out first but even then if you compare pre facelift vorsprung to the new one it’s not like for like with the specs. There are a few things missing off the new one.

You can’t spec side steps, no option of heated rear seats, no BLIS unless you have the full assist pack, no heads up option, no self park/ park assist advanced (AT ALL including on vorsprung), no tv tuner at all, no cd changer, - HD laser lights only on the vorsprung.

Dealers will probably retro fit side Steps in lesser models but no doubt they will come at an extra extra cost.

I have a feeling Audi will drip feed the inclusion of the missing options over the coming months. (I hope anyway) considering all options available in Europe.

0 0 0

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast