Hi all,

I am having some real issues with my infotainment system in my Mk5 Polo.
Purchased the car nearly 2 years ago from the dealer as a used car. In really good condition hardly any miles on the clock, thought it was a bargain. However had numerous issues with the infotainment system....

First problems started after 3 months it would switch radio stations and volume changed up and down all on its own while i was driving, i couldn't control anything and would have to pull over and switch my car off for it to stop. On one occasion it didn't stop until i got out and locked the car! Called VW as still under original warranty, they said loose wire and should be ok.
Few weeks later the screen started going blank, but still sound and i could control using steering wheel buttons. would correct it once car locked and unlocked. Happened intermittently. At this point i was in my extended warranty period i paid for, took it back, said it might need an update. Advised no update needed and they said maybe when i have a CD in the system and pair to my phone its causing a bug so i cant do that anymore.
Didn't have any issues for 6 months or so.... then occasionally when i started the car the screen would be blank with sound but i turned on and off and worked ok. At this point i had fallen out with the dealer on other issues so couldn't be bothered to deal with them again and ' learnt to live with it'

Went away recently and my car was left for 2 weeks on the drive. Now my infotainment system is not working at all. managed to get it on for about 3 seconds and it switches off, no sound at all, buttons not working. it does this over and over again. did a reset on it and now it will come on, volume full blast for about 5 seconds and then switches off. it does this over and over while i'm driving and i cant get it to stop.

any advice please!