1. German badger vs A6 Avant 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    8 Post(s)
    Near Hamburg, on the A1, at 3am a kamikaze German badger met the front spoiler of my A6 at 167km/h...

So, there is now one less German badger in the world, but it all came at a cost...

Lower part of the front spolier is cracked, left fog light cover is gone and at least 2 undertray plastic trims are broken...
    I had to unscrew what was left of them at the side of the road to be able to continue driving.

I am now trying to decide on whether to claim on the insurance or buy the trims myself and get the spoiler repaired...
    Some years ago I bought some plastic undertray trims for my A4 (B8) and they were not as expensive as I thought, but that might be different now on my A6 Avant C7 (S Line) facelift (2015)

To determine what trims I need... would anyone be able to help with a "blow out" schematic drawing/picture of the front spoiler showing part# for a A6 Avant facelift S Line C7 ?

Something similar to the one attached?

Many thanks in advance

RIP German badger
    Attached Images

0 0 0

2. Re: German badger vs A6 Avant 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    109 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nowa View Post
    Near Hamburg, on the A1, at 3am a kamikaze German badger met the front spoiler of my A6 at 167km/h...

So, there is now one less German badger in the world, but it all came at a cost...

Lower part of the front spolier is cracked, left fog light cover is gone and at least 2 undertray plastic trims are broken...
    I had to unscrew what was left of them at the side of the road to be able to continue driving.

I am now trying to decide on whether to claim on the insurance or buy the trims myself and get the spoiler repaired...
    Some years ago I bought some plastic undertray trims for my A4 (B8) and they were not as expensive as I thought, but that might be different now on my A6 Avant C7 (S Line) facelift (2015)

To determine what trims I need... would anyone be able to help with a "blow out" schematic drawing/picture of the front spoiler showing part# for a A6 Avant facelift S Line C7 ?

Something similar to the one attached?

Many thanks in advance

RIP German badger
    Hi, pm crasher.
    Quote "My tuner told me after he fitted the box that 0-60 should be around 2.6 seconds! "

0 0 0

3. Re: German badger vs A6 Avant 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    8 Post(s)
    Mine was very much alive when he crashed in to me... not "pm" (post mortum) :-)

0 0 0

4. Re: German badger vs A6 Avant 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    98 Post(s)
    whats your reg no?
    RS6 Performance Ascari Blue, Carbon Ceramics Brakes and lots more.
    A6 BiTdi Avant MTM
    Retrofitted: Full Led Headlights, DAB, Full Electric Seats, Surround View Cameras, Genuine RS6 Grille, RS6 Seats,Leather Door Armrests, Soft Close Doors, Rear Side Blinds,High Beam Assist, Eibach Springs, Led Roof Console, 4 Zone Climate, Rear Heated Seats, Head Up Display, Side assist, Alcantara Interior Retrim

0 0 0

5. Re: German badger vs A6 Avant 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by morski View Post
    whats your reg no?
    Thanks for replying morski, MT65ANX is my badger mobil...

I can take some pics of the front spoiler if needed... as I do know that just replacing the undertray trims/covers is not always enough, there might be some plastic skeletton bits behind the covers that the covers screw into or that support the trims. These skeletton bits might need replacing too but I just cant quite get a clear idea of all the parts involved... I'm hoping that a blow out drawing or schematic will clarify things

0 0 0

6. Re: German badger vs A6 Avant 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    98 Post(s)
    here you go... let me know which parts you need and i can get you part numbers

bc1.jpgbc2.jpg
    A6 BiTdi Avant MTM
    Retrofitted: Full Led Headlights, DAB, Full Electric Seats, Surround View Cameras, Genuine RS6 Grille, RS6 Seats,Leather Door Armrests, Soft Close Doors, Rear Side Blinds,High Beam Assist, Eibach Springs, Led Roof Console, 4 Zone Climate, Rear Heated Seats, Head Up Display, Side assist, Alcantara Interior Retrim

1 0 0

7. Re: German badger vs A6 Avant 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by morski View Post
    here you go... let me know which parts you need and i can get you part numbers

bc1.jpgbc2.jpg
    Hi morski,

sorry for the late reply... I think I have now identified all the parts that I would need, if you could possibly help with the part #s please?

so...

from jpg1 I'd need part:

and 11 (I think, if it is what I think it is from the picture...)

then from jpg2 I'd need part:

30 (I think it says 30 at least... zooming in looses some resolution)

Many thanks in advance morski

0 0 0

8. Re: German badger vs A6 Avant 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    98 Post(s)
    hi
    no problem...
    42 grille cover 4G0 807 647B 9b9 Left and ...648B is right £75.14
    30 closing element 4G0 807 611F £47.71
    36 spoiler 4G0 807 717B GRU £178.12 (needs painting)
    12 *not available* part of bumper
    11 *not available* part of bumper

30 wheel spoiler 4G0 853 887J Left and ....888J right £57.74

expensive badger !!
    A6 BiTdi Avant MTM

0 0 0

9. Re: German badger vs A6 Avant 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    8 Post(s)
    Wow... indeed... ! thanks for the prices too... saves me a phonecall to VW parts group in Guildford...

Well... looks like this will have to be claimed on the insurance... as even after all these trims are replaced, I still have a crack in the front bumper that will cost around £150 to repair and paint... the germans should consider introducing "national badger hunting"

Thanks again!

0 0 0