Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi,
    Remember seeing Skoda Octavia owners with the same problem on the BRISKODA forum site. Forum member said it was a temperature sensor which innacurately tells the engine to put a rich mixture in. Leave the engine till it cools a little and it should start. Tell the ******* to check the sensor!!!!

0 0 0

2. Re: problems starting engine when warm 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    having the same problem, hope somebody has some ideas its driving me mad - Heres hoping

0 0 0

3. Re: problems starting engine when warm 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    the most common problem is the starter motor. the car needs to be cranking way faster when hot rather than cold. you could also try changing the temp sensor first but more than likely its the starter motor. hope this helps

0 0 0

4. Re: problems starting engine when warm 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jpneary1000 View Post
    the most common problem is the starter motor. the car needs to be cranking way faster when hot rather than cold. you could also try changing the temp sensor first but more than likely its the starter motor. hope this helps
    As jpneary1000 says, this is a common problem and the usual cure is a new starter motor.
    See here:
    https://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/s...=starter+motor

0 0 0

5. Re: problems starting engine when warm 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I have a 2005 mk5 golf 1.9 tdi with 65K on the clock which has been causing the same problem for about 6 months now. First thing in the morning it starts perfectly however if I stop the car for any short length of time (up to 2 hours) it is very slow to start again and the engine just seems to be turning over. I have spent now a considerable amount in changing the tandem fuel pump, fuel temp sensor, coolant temp sensor, fuel filter and had the fuel tank cleaned. I have had it linked to a diagnostic computer which is showing no faults.

My next step was to consider changing the starter and/or the battery as suggested within various posts throughout the net, I have however read a number of posts which suggest that this is not the problem.

The car has a full VW service history and due to the distance I cover it is serviced at least twice per year, I am reluctant to give the car to VW to deal with as the costs no doubt will be astronomical!!

Has anyone solved this problem by replacing the starter??????

PLEASE HELP

0 0 0

6. Re: problems starting engine when warm 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    I've posted on various threads about this, as I have a very similar problem on my Bora TDI. However, mine comes up with a fault something like 'Crank Speed - Implausible Signal'.

I've had two new crank sensors, and the problem is still there, so I reckon it's not cranking fast enough, from what I've read above, most likely due to ageing starter and/or battery. Temp sensor is possible, but less likely I think.

Very useful posts guys.

1 0 0

7. Re: problems starting engine when warm 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    My golf 1.9 tdi has this problem when starting from warm aswell. I've had this car for over two years now and it's always done this. If anyone has any suggestions would be helpfull.

0 0 0

8. Re: problems starting engine when warm 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    hi,i had the same problem with my golf,stats 1st turn of the key when cold,but a embarrasment when hot.esp at filling stations.lol.i replaced te engine coolant temp sensor,made no difference,got my starter reconditioned an its 10 times better.i was told to put a new starter on but didnt have the heart to put £150 into a starter from my local vw dealer.a new starter s the answer.hope this helps.

0 0 0

9. Re: problems starting engine when warm 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    join the club every one lol i had this problem last year check my posts even people posted this on you tube i had mine in vw and spent £2000 and guess wot problem still there anyone who solves this will be a very rich man any way the problem is my girlfriends now sold the car to her runs perfect but i did not like the problem .

0 0 0

10. Re: problems starting engine when warm 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I had a new starter motor fitted yesterday and the problem has vanished!!

0 0 0

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast