Evening all,

I've had an issue with my parking brake for some time, and I'm not sure whether I've resolved to problem or not. For around a year, whenever I operate the parking brake, I get a warning light on the dash. When i took it in for its MOT, the tester said that the left side was sluggish coming on, but the right side worked but sounded rough as nails. So i finally got fed up with this and bought a new parking brake motor myself. However, as i didn't have any jacks or props, i asked my local guy to fit it, and after a wasted day sitting at home, he returned the motor untouched saying that he didn't want to fit it as 1) he didn't have a schematic diagram for the electrics and 2) His diagnostic tool could download or access the error codes, so he didn't want to cause more damage or fit a part that wasn't required. But he did say that the left hand motor was suspect and left it disconnected. This sounded like a load of rubbish to me, so seeing as i had a new parking motor in my hand and what was there was supposed to be faulty, i though why not swap it out myself.
I swapped the old left hand side with the new motor and guess what? I still had the error pop up, so i thought "why not swap the noisy right hand motor with the old left hand side, to see if that quieten things down?" and guess what ? no more errors and they are now both working fine. So it seemed like the fault was actually coming from the noisy right hand side motor after all. My question now is " Did swapping the motors really resolve the issue?" And can i leave it like that or do i have to do any calibrating?

cheers Rik