Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi everyone,

My audi has been standing for about 6 months and recently I charged the battery, taxed it and decided to use it over the summer.I have not been able to use it as much as I like due to various reasons but yesterday when I decided to take it for a run with the roof down,I found that though the car started fine ,the roof would not go down fully.
    In short, when I undid the roof latch ,all windows dropped and then when I held the switch up to start the roof opening procedure I noticed that there was a slight time delay (approx 5/10 seconds)before the roof started to go back and then the rear of the roof raised upwards to allow the convertible top, compartment cover to lift up and at this point the roof should have folded into the compartment but instead the back of the roof just dropped down ( into the same position as when the roof is closed) and the dash light started to flash and nothing further happened.....no full opening. When I pressed the switch down to close ,the roof closed as normal.
    Any ideas what may be at fault here? I am wondering whether or not there is enough charge in the battery...starts the car fine, or whether the fluid is low. When I initially bought the car the roof was not working due to broken wires on the right side of the boot...these were welded and joined together and the roof has been workly well upon until now.
    Any feedback would be greatly appreciated and thank you in advance for feedback.

0 0 0

2. Re: W reg Audi 80 2.6 auto Convertible 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    The first thing to do is get a code scan of the roof electronic controller done, it is likely you have a faulty position sensor and normally a VCDS type code read will give you the information needed to put it right BUT some sensors do have to be calibrated and getting it wrong can cause substantial damage to the system.
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

3. Re: W reg Audi 80 2.6 auto Convertible 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Crasher View Post
    The first thing to do is get a code scan of the roof electronic controller done, it is likely you have a faulty position sensor and normally a VCDS type code read will give you the information needed to put it right BUT some sensors do have to be calibrated and getting it wrong can cause substantial damage to the system.
    thank you Crasher, will do

0 0 0