1. 272ps vs 286ps 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    I put a deput deposit down on an ex demo 50tdi s line with 10k miles but hadn't realised it was non metallic paint , they have now offered a pre reg 272ps for the same money and it's a black edition with metallic paint , the reason it's a good price is that it was held up due to the emissions and has only now just been released by Audi . It will be a 19 plate with 50 miles on it . The spec is exactly the same as the 50tdi black editions . Is this a good deal or will there be a real hit on residuals due to it being a 272 ?

0 0 0

2. Re: 272ps vs 286ps 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    14 Post(s)
    I suspect it is the older model inside too and so it’s not just the engine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    VW Passat GT 4 Motion 2.0 BiTdi, '16MY in Midnight Blue, keyless entry, memory seats, active info display and Discover Nav Pro
    Audi A7 20MY Vorsprung 3.0tdi in Daytona grey, with optional rear cup holders! (Previously A7 16my S Line)

0 0 0

3. Re: 272ps vs 286ps 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Is there a difference inside then ? The dealer said they were the same !

0 0 0

4. Re: 272ps vs 286ps 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    228 Post(s)
    The interiors are the same. the new facelift model thats due out any moment now will have the all new Q8 style interior.
    Q7 272PS | ABT Tuned to 325PS / 680Nm | Tech Pack | Dyn Pack | Matrix | Pan Roof | Trailer | Drv+Pass Mem Seats | TV | NightV | BOSE | DVD Chger | Homelink | Soft Doors | Heat+Snd Ins Glass | Priv Glass | Heat W/Screen | Heat Steer Wheel | Adv Key | Elec Boot Cover | Elec Steer Column | Side Assist | Air Susp | Ambient Light | Heat+Fold Mirrors | Park Assist Pack | Adv TPMS | Load Fix Kit | Black Turbine Alloys | Matte Black Wrap | ABT Door Leds

0 0 0

5. Re: 272ps vs 286ps 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    65 Post(s)
    If you have the chance, test both engines. 286ps has a very bad opinion due to the delay in acceleration. Also look at the torque curve. 286 ps provides a maximum torque of 600Nm 750 rpm higher than 272 ps (2250-3250 versus 1500-3000 rpm). All this is due to WLTP, Audi knows the problem because of many complaints, but so far there is no solution. You can also visit some of the German Q7 and Q8 forums: the general opinion about this new TDI engine is rather bad, and for some people this "engine and transmission lag" is a deal breaker.
    https://www.motor-talk.de/forum/neue...-t6647655.html
    Last edited by Retom; 19-08-2019 at 09:16 PM.

0 0 0

6. Re: 272ps vs 286ps 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    23 Post(s)
    I have a 272, and was given a 50tdi for a few weeks by the dealer whilst mine was in for repair.

The 286 is a much livelier engine, very responsive, and faster than mine, and also more economical.

0 0 0

7. Re: 272ps vs 286ps 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    78 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by inchshort View Post
    I have a 272, and was given a 50tdi for a few weeks by the dealer whilst mine was in for repair.

The 286 is a much livelier engine, very responsive, and faster than mine, and also more economical.
    I’ve just had exactly the same experience - loaner from dealer was brand new 50tdi for a couple of days and the perceived performance difference was noticeable. Whether its just the mapping has been tweaked for the new engine or other changes, it felt snappier than you’d expect from only a few extra high end BHP and no torque difference. I was impressed. Certainly didn’t feel sluggish gearbox or engine.

Q7 3.0 TDi ABT Power 325bhp MY16 S-Line Tech/Tour/Trailer packs, orca black, 21 inch 9.5J rims, rotor grey leather, sunroof, BOSE, ambient lighting, reversing cam, drivers memory seat. Gtechniq Crystal Serum Ultra ceramic coating. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.
    | Q7 3.0 TDi ABT Power 325bhp MY16 S-Line Tech/Tour/Trailer packs, orca black, 21 inch 9.5J rims, rotor grey leather, sunroof, BOSE, ambient lighting, reversing cam, drivers memory seat. Gtechniq Crystal Serum Ultra ceramic coating |

0 0 0

8. Re: 272ps vs 286ps 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    228 Post(s)
    I believe its just mapping as the fundamental engine (CRTC) is the same. Even the ECU is the same model, just the software inside is slightly "tweaked"
    Q7 272PS | ABT Tuned to 325PS / 680Nm | Tech Pack | Dyn Pack | Matrix | Pan Roof | Trailer | Drv+Pass Mem Seats | TV | NightV | BOSE | DVD Chger | Homelink | Soft Doors | Heat+Snd Ins Glass | Priv Glass | Heat W/Screen | Heat Steer Wheel | Adv Key | Elec Boot Cover | Elec Steer Column | Side Assist | Air Susp | Ambient Light | Heat+Fold Mirrors | Park Assist Pack | Adv TPMS | Load Fix Kit | Black Turbine Alloys | Matte Black Wrap | ABT Door Leds

0 0 0