Notices
 

  

User Tag List

Thread: Coolant leak strikes again... good dealer experience so far

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 16 of 16
  1. Coolant leak strikes again... good dealer experience so far 
    #11
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    U.K.
    Posts
    261
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    67 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Retom View Post
    In Q7 3.0TDI ABT module is connected only to the car ECU. I had it in my 2016 Q7. Probably they even did't have to touch it during this repair. I was just curious since the different dealers react differently on ABT module when the car is under warranty.
    You sure about that? The installer (Richter Sport) showed me the various sensors and loom that heíd installed that run off the ABT box, there were a couple the same side as the ECU and a couple running round to the other side of the engine. They definitely exist. And ABT definitely know my exact car as they used the VIN to configure the box. I think I put some pics in the forum post at the time.

    Oh in case itís relevant the pair was done under Audiís extended warranty claim not the original warranty.

    Q7 3.0 TDi ABT Power 325bhp MY16 S-Line Tech/Tour/Trailer packs, orca black, 21 inch 9.5J rims, rotor grey leather, sunroof, BOSE, ambient lighting, reversing cam, drivers memory seat. Gtechniq Crystal Serum Ultra ceramic coating. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.
     
    0 0 0
     

  2. Re: Coolant leak strikes again... good dealer experience so far 
    #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Warsaw
    Posts
    134
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wardienet View Post
    You sure about that? The installer (Richter Sport) showed me the various sensors and loom that heíd installed that run off the ABT box, there were a couple the same side as the ECU and a couple running round to the other side of the engine. They definitely exist. And ABT definitely know my exact car as they used the VIN to configure the box. I think I put some pics in the forum post at the time.

    Oh in case itís relevant the pair was done under Audiís extended warranty claim not the original warranty.

    Q7 3.0 TDi ABT Power 325bhp MY16 S-Line Tech/Tour/Trailer packs, orca black, 21 inch 9.5J rims, rotor grey leather, sunroof, BOSE, ambient lighting, reversing cam, drivers memory seat. Gtechniq Crystal Serum Ultra ceramic coating. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.


    My 3.0 TDI loom was like on the enclosed picture: 2 plugins to car ECU and nothing to sensors. As I know Andy's ABT harness is the same. Perhaps ABT was using also other version for 3.0TDI.
    However, the harness for SQ7 is different than for Q7 since it connects: Fuel High Pressure Sensor, Boost Pressure Sensor and Camshaft. It has only 1 plugin to car ECU.

    Zrzut ekranu 2020-02-16 o 23.43.55.jpg
     
    0 0 0
     

  3. Re: Coolant leak strikes again... good dealer experience so far 
    #13
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    2,234
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    202 Post(s)
    Hey Wardinet

    Slightly off topic to the post, but yes the looms "changed" since when Retom and I had ours fitted to when you had yours fitted. You have some extra sensor wires which are actually needed for the SQ7

    So what happened was Retom and I were/are on the ABT AEC 2.50/2.51 and your on 2.52. When Retom and I got our ABT units fitted the SQ7 didn't exist yet so when the SQ7 got released ABT then released a single loom covering all variants of Q7 4M (218PS / 272PS / SQ7 etc etc) which supports more digital channels - but they don't apply to the 272PS engine (as those channel don't exist).

    So all though your extra cables are "Connected" when you look in the engine bay, they aren't actually doing anything. They would be doing something if you had an SQ7, but as its now a single loom from ABT across all engines, its why your loom has extra wires plugged in, but for all intents and purposes yours is doing the same as ours.

    My ABT unit actually is eligible for a software update (it hasn't had one in over 2 years) to bring it in-line with your software level (2.52) - so when I'm next near MK I'll get it done.

    Hope that clarifies (?) - BTW this info came from Richter and ABT directly after I spent some time querying it.

    Andy


    p.s. Oh, and no, I didn't remove my ABT unit or loom to fix the coolant leak issue.
    Q7 272PS | ABT Tuned to 325PS / 680Nm | Tech Pack | Dyn Pack | Matrix | Pan Roof | Trailer | Drv+Pass Mem Seats | TV | NightV | BOSE | DVD Chger | Homelink | Soft Doors | Heat+Snd Ins Glass | Priv Glass | Heat W/Screen | Heat Steer Wheel | Adv Key | Elec Boot Cover | Elec Steer Column | Side Assist | Air Susp | Ambient Light | Heat+Fold Mirrors | Park Assist Pack | Adv TPMS | Load Fix Kit | Black Turbine Alloys | Matte Black Wrap | ABT Door Leds
     
    0 0 0
     

  4. Coolant leak strikes again... good dealer experience so far 
    #14
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    U.K.
    Posts
    261
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    67 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by andyhud007 View Post
    Hey Wardinet

    Slightly off topic to the post, but yes the looms "changed" since when Retom and I had ours fitted to when you had yours fitted. You have some extra sensor wires which are actually needed for the SQ7

    So what happened was Retom and I were/are on the ABT AEC 2.50/2.51 and your on 2.52. When Retom and I got our ABT units fitted the SQ7 didn't exist yet so when the SQ7 got released ABT then released a single loom covering all variants of Q7 4M (218PS / 272PS / SQ7 etc etc) which supports more digital channels - but they don't apply to the 272PS engine (as those channel don't exist).

    So all though your extra cables are "Connected" when you look in the engine bay, they aren't actually doing anything. They would be doing something if you had an SQ7, but as its now a single loom from ABT across all engines, its why your loom has extra wires plugged in, but for all intents and purposes yours is doing the same as ours.

    My ABT unit actually is eligible for a software update (it hasn't had one in over 2 years) to bring it in-line with your software level (2.52) - so when I'm next near MK I'll get it done.

    Hope that clarifies (?) - BTW this info came from Richter and ABT directly after I spent some time querying it.

    Andy


    p.s. Oh, and no, I didn't remove my ABT unit or loom to fix the coolant leak issue.
    Thanks for the explanation Andy. Curious though why the Richter guy took the time to explain them to me or bothered fitting them at all then... I donít suppose they said?


    Q7 3.0 TDi ABT Power 325bhp MY16 S-Line Tech/Tour/Trailer packs, orca black, 21 inch 9.5J rims, rotor grey leather, sunroof, BOSE, ambient lighting, reversing cam, drivers memory seat. Gtechniq Crystal Serum Ultra ceramic coating. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.
     
    0 0 0
     

  5. Re: Coolant leak strikes again... good dealer experience so far 
    #15
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    2,234
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    202 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wardienet View Post
    Thanks for the explanation Andy. Curious though why the Richter guy took the time to explain them to me or bothered fitting them at all then... I don’t suppose they said?


    Q7 3.0 TDi ABT Power 325bhp MY16 S-Line Tech/Tour/Trailer packs, orca black, 21 inch 9.5J rims, rotor grey leather, sunroof, BOSE, ambient lighting, reversing cam, drivers memory seat. Gtechniq Crystal Serum Ultra ceramic coating. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.
    No mate I didnt go into that level of detail with them. From our discussions its a single loom across all variants now and the connectors "exist" on all the variants, but the AEC ECU ignores those inputs on the other "wires" you have that are connected because it doesn't affect the functionality of what the ABT unit is doing on a non-SQ7 engine.

    I can keep asking, but thats literally all the info I have.

    I was the reverse - after seeing all your additional wires, I was worried that my loom etc was wrong, so its why I asked them in the first place but they spoke to ABT in Germany directly and gave the detail and explanation I have passed on here.

    HTH

    Andy
    Q7 272PS | ABT Tuned to 325PS / 680Nm | Tech Pack | Dyn Pack | Matrix | Pan Roof | Trailer | Drv+Pass Mem Seats | TV | NightV | BOSE | DVD Chger | Homelink | Soft Doors | Heat+Snd Ins Glass | Priv Glass | Heat W/Screen | Heat Steer Wheel | Adv Key | Elec Boot Cover | Elec Steer Column | Side Assist | Air Susp | Ambient Light | Heat+Fold Mirrors | Park Assist Pack | Adv TPMS | Load Fix Kit | Black Turbine Alloys | Matte Black Wrap | ABT Door Leds
     
    0 0 0
     

  6. Re: Coolant leak strikes again... good dealer experience so far 
    #16
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    U.K.
    Posts
    261
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    67 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by andyhud007 View Post
    No mate I didnt go into that level of detail with them. From our discussions its a single loom across all variants now and the connectors "exist" on all the variants, but the AEC ECU ignores those inputs on the other "wires" you have that are connected because it doesn't affect the functionality of what the ABT unit is doing on a non-SQ7 engine.

    I can keep asking, but thats literally all the info I have.

    I was the reverse - after seeing all your additional wires, I was worried that my loom etc was wrong, so its why I asked them in the first place but they spoke to ABT in Germany directly and gave the detail and explanation I have passed on here.

    HTH

    Andy
    OK thanks anyway Andy. Just a shame they didnít drop in the V8 as part of the package :-)


    Q7 3.0 TDi ABT Power 325bhp MY16 S-Line Tech/Tour/Trailer packs, orca black, 21 inch 9.5J rims, rotor grey leather, sunroof, BOSE, ambient lighting, reversing cam, drivers memory seat. Gtechniq Crystal Serum Ultra ceramic coating. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.
     
    0 0 0
     

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. Is this a typical Audi dealer experience?
    By P13TR0 in forum Q7 - 4M Forum - 2016 -
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 23-09-2016, 09:48 PM
  2. Has anyone any experience of buying parts from a none VW dealer (OEM)?
    By Huntsman2 in forum Golf MK5 - 2004 - 2009
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 25-02-2014, 05:45 PM
  3. Autoglass Experience (bad to good)
    By Akash in forum Audi A6 - C6 Forum - 2005 - 2010
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 16-07-2013, 09:55 AM
  4. Main dealer experience
    By greas-E-monkey in forum Reviews & Recommendations of Dealers & Independant Garages
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 23-02-2010, 12:41 AM
  5. Bad experience at the Dealer today.
    By BobA6Avant in forum A6 - S6 - RS6 - - Archive Topics
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 24-09-2008, 08:36 PM
Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  




  


Disclaimer: VW Audi Forum is an "independant enthusiast website", administered in line with guidelines supplied by VAG in the UK, and is in no way related to any of the Worldwide Volkswagen,Audi,Seat,Skoda,Bentley,Bugatti,Porsche or Lamborghini group of Companies. For official up to date information on any of there vehicles, please visit the official websites. Any comments made throughout this website, are the views of the respective poster, and in no way represent the views of the VW Audi Forum Administration, or the worldwide Volkswagen & Audi Group of companies.


VW Audi Forum do not vet and are not responsible for any information which is posted in this forum. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and we do not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.


Copyright: Certain "words", "phrases" and "Images" used on this website by the Administration are "Copyright" of Volkswagen GB, Volkswagen AG (Germany), Audi GB, Audi AG (Germany), Volkswagen Motorsport GB, Volkswagen Motorsport AG (Germany), Audi Motorsport AG (Germany), Volkswagen Racing GB, Bentley, Bugatti, Porsche and Lamborghini. No image can be replicated by anyone WITHOUT the relevant Companies written permission.


All trademarks and copyrights remain property of their respective owners.

No part of the VW Audi Forum website or forum may be reproduced without written permission from the site administration


PLEASE NOTE - PERSONAL ABUSE, ABUSE AGAINST THIS OR ANY OTHER WEBSITE OR ANY COMPANY WILL NOT BE TOLERATED. OFFENDERS WILL BE MODERATED OR EVEN BANNED.


This website and forum are best viewed at a minimum resolution of 1024 by 768.



  



- VW AUDI Forum - The #1 Volkswagen (VW) Group Forum - Volkswagen (VW) - Audi - Seat - Skoda - Bentley - Bugatti - Lamborghini - Porsche - VW Audi Forum -


- www.vwaudiforum.co.uk - www.vwaudiforum.co.uk -