Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Dear all

I have returned to Audi after a break of 2.5 years and have just sold my Lexus Rx300 and have on order an A6 Avant Le Mans.

Now I am very excited about the arrival of my new car but am desperately seeking any information that may be available, as all the links I find say the same thing. (As per the bulletin on the home page).

One thing I am already a little anoyed about.....I ordered this car within a week of it's announcement by Audi and was originally told a delivery date of September, which has now already slipped to end of November / early December 2006. (The advert by Audi says delivery dates scheduled for September!)

If anyone has any more info on this vehicle I would be most grateful, as even the official Audi press info in the dealership for this car is wrong as it shows a picture of an A6 SE against the R10, when the A6 Le Mans edition is clearly based on an A6 S-Line.

Regards

A6 Le Mans

0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    46 Post(s)
    Hi

Just had a look on the Audi press website, but there is only the information I have already posted. No other pictures either

Stuart
    Stuart l VWAudi Forum
    VW Audi Forum - Founder

Member of BMW Car Club GB
    - Email: stuart@vwaudiforum.co.uk -

If you need a Part, a Garage, a Tuning Company, or even an Official Dealer the please visit
    our Supporting Companies They are all there to help by offering advice and products or services..."You support them - They Support us"

Ways to support the website

Details of the VW Audi Forum Insurance Scheme, See Here

If you like the site and you would like to donate please click here and use the PayPal button on the right hand side

Please Note: PLEASE DO NOT Email or PM me with any vehicle related technical questions. I am not qualified to give that sort of advice, please ask the experts we have on the forum.

0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Stuart

Many thanks for your welcome message and taking the time to look for more info. It is much appreciated.

There really is only the release you have posted which gives any information about this car.

I have asked my dealer if the car is likely to be badged in any particular fashion, but in the Audi tradition it is likely to remain understated and not advertise the fact it is a ltd edition......but they are not sure.

I would be interested to hear from anyone who may have ordered one of these as to what their delivery date is likely to be.

I bought a 225 Audi TT some years ago, and it that case as well, the delivery date slipped by months from what I had been advised by the dealer.

It is compounded now by the fact that I have sold my RX300 and now only have a mini to use for a family of three which includes an 18 month old daughter......my wife is less than pleased.

I think the A6 is a cracking car however and am waiting patiently fro my new 'baby' to arrive.

Regards

Mike

0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    46 Post(s)
    Hi

No problem in me looking for more information.... That's what the site is for

I even have access to the German Press website, but that has nothing either.

I would tend to this that the car will be badged as "A6" plus the respective engine size, as per normal, it will just have the extras.

Not sure if it applies to Audi, but many years ago, when I worked at a VW dealers, these "limited editions" were for the UK market only, with some of the "extras" being fitted by the dealer. This could explain why I can find no mention, so far, of it on the German site.

Stuart
    Stuart l VWAudi Forum
    VW Audi Forum - Founder

Member of BMW Car Club GB
    - Email: stuart@vwaudiforum.co.uk -

If you need a Part, a Garage, a Tuning Company, or even an Official Dealer the please visit
    our Supporting Companies They are all there to help by offering advice and products or services..."You support them - They Support us"

Ways to support the website

Details of the VW Audi Forum Insurance Scheme, See Here

If you like the site and you would like to donate please click here and use the PayPal button on the right hand side

Please Note: PLEASE DO NOT Email or PM me with any vehicle related technical questions. I am not qualified to give that sort of advice, please ask the experts we have on the forum.

0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Stuart

Yeah, I think you're right, as the car will only be available in 1,000 RHD models only.

One thing I found interesting....had a walk round the dealers forecourt earlier today and I saw a brand new A6 3.0 TDi S-Line saloon. I noticed that Audi have now added a new 'lip' spoiler to the boot lid and have changed the colour of the instrument and MMI surround to a silver like colour, away from the grey-like plastic that was fitted prevously.

The surround is now more like that seen in the RS6.

I will endeavour to find more info and post it when I can.

Mike

0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi all

I to have ordered an A6 le mans Avant & have been searching the internet every day to try to get more info on what I've actualy bought! It's only in the last week that Audi have actualy advertise the fact that they are selling this model on there web site. This is the first mention of it anywhere since that july press release that got us all going. It does seem that we are just getting an S line with a buch of free extras. Not that I'm complaining £2000 worth of goodies for £115 can't be all bad. Also managed to get 9% of list at my local dealer after threatening to buy off the internet.

I don't have a delivery date yet either. I am also searching for pictures of the car every day to see if I can find a real life example. I gather from the postings here Audi have not yet delivered a Le mans edition to anyone? anyone no when the first one is expected?

The July the 16th press release also mentions unique colour schemes nothing of the nature was offered to me when I ordered my car how about you guys?

I am considering getting an ECU remap when I take delivery of the car. Has anyone had the 3 ltr 233 bhp done & if so what was the outcome & who did it?

0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Billy

I believe mine will be one of thefirst to be delivered and was told last week it has a build date of week 47. Therefore on the road in december.

Better late than never, but a bit of a let down considering the advertised delivery was in September.

Audi seem good at slipping delivery dates...it's happened to me twice now!

Regards

0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks for that I am hoping they run the production of different models in block & my car gets slotted in on the same batch. Fingers crossed I will see my car this year too I was told November when I ordered just over a week ago!

0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    The spec for for the A6 Le mans edition is now in the A6 online brochure but does not tell us any more than we already know!
    http://www.audi.co.uk/etc/medialib/c...%20delivery%22

0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Just thought I'd share my good news. Today I got a delivery date for my car build week 50 delivery week 2 next year after being promised the car in November. I called the dealer to complain & explained that if they could not deliver eairlier I would cancel the car. They have now offered me their Le Mans demo with near identical spec even the same colour due for delivery in 2 weeks Very pleased

0 0 0

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast