1. Transporter T4 2.5 TDI oil pressure 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Just wondering if anybody knows what oil pressure I should have at Idle when the engine is hot ? 5 cylinder ACV (102) 2.5 TDI, year 2002.

Many thanks.
    Matt.

0 0 0

2. Re: Transporter T4 2.5 TDI oil pressure 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Intrigued to know why you need to know something so specific. I’ve your oil light doesn’t show then it’s all within tolerances.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

0 0 0

3. Re: Transporter T4 2.5 TDI oil pressure 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mrcheesbrough View Post
    Intrigued to know why you need to know something so specific. I’ve your oil light doesn’t show then it’s all within tolerances.

*if

0 0 0

4. Re: Transporter T4 2.5 TDI oil pressure 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi mate.

Long story, I had some new hydraulic lifters fitted due to an ongoing problem with one sticking but since the change have now got a rattle which I didn’t have before.

Only happens when Hot. It’s fine when started from cold and warming up but at full temp I get the rattle. It rattles then goes off for a while then returns, then comes back and so on. Tried pumping the brake pedal and running with servo vac pipe disconnected but doesn’t eliminate the rattle. Everyone swears blind it’s the vac pump but was ok before the lifter change.

If it’s left for 20 mins after a run and rattling, re start and no tapping until fully warm again.

Tried 10/40 and 5/40 oil, both the same although engine feels smoother with 5/40 synthetic but always has.

Done an oil pressure test as I started to suspect oil pressure. 1 bar on idle when hot, 3.4 bar at 2000 rpm and maximum around 4 bar at 3000 rpm. Initially I was pleased with those results.

I’m starting to now wonder if it’s those new tappets are to blame. I’m doing a lot of thinking and the price I’ve been charged is too cheap for the brand I’m told (and wanted) has been fitted. Basically the price I was charged points at cheap lifters which are around a tenner a piece rather than 25 quid a piece.Would cheap parts cause this ? EDIT: I recently found a tappet set (INA which are the said tappets in mine) on line for just under 60 quid so looks like my thinking was possibly wrong, Not the real cheapo ones. It seems right although Eurocarparts sell them for 24.99 each for that same brand so who knows. Genuine VW ones are over 30 quid each and I priced a cam up too.. Just over 700 quid, OMG !

I just wondered and really need to know if that pressure is ok at idle before I take it and have the top end dismantled again.
    The pressure on idle after testing at 2000 rpm for 2 mins had dropped slightly under 1 bar.

I’m so annoyed with it at the moment and need to sort it.

Any help much appreciated. Cheers

EDIT: Should have added, I’ve never had low oil warning light or buzzer sounding either idling or driving along, it does all work as it warned me when I had the pressure tester connected up in place of the sensor.
    Last edited by type4matt; 17-08-2019 at 07:15 AM. Reason: Added info

0 0 0