1. Weird bug - Android Auto & Car Play 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    10 Post(s)
    I'd like to confirm if anyone else sees this..

When using Android Auto or Apple CarPlay I cannot tap to select any buttons on the extreme left of the screen. The major problem this causes is that I cannot use the back button! I have the same issue with different Android manufacturers and versions and also when trying car play with my wife's iPhone.

The screen itself works fine, for example I can hit the settings button on the inbuilt map screen without problem, this is almost exactly the same place as where back is in Android Auto.

I'm at a loss to explain it - id really like to take it back to the dealer, but I know they will just say the screen works fine. It's very frustrating.

0 0 0

2. Re: Weird bug - Android Auto & Car Play 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Made an account to post this. I have the same problem and have posted it on audi-sport.

I have recently noticed is that Android Auto will not recognise touch input over the complete interface. About a 5th of the screen vertically on the left side will not action any touch input. This wouldn't be too much of an issue if it was on the right however seeing as all options and browsing ability for Spotify and Maps etc is on the left it's starting to become a pain. I have tired multiple phones and have tested this on x3 C8's (one courtesy, my own and a friends) yet the issue still persists. There are a few troubleshooting steps in AA as well as on your phone that that I have tried however these have been unsuccessful so I believe the issue is with the MMI interface.

0 0 0

3. Re: Weird bug - Android Auto & Car Play 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jdmsam View Post
    Made an account to post this. I have the same problem and have posted it on audi-sport.

I have recently noticed is that Android Auto will not recognise touch input over the complete interface. About a 5th of the screen vertically on the left side will not action any touch input. This wouldn't be too much of an issue if it was on the right however seeing as all options and browsing ability for Spotify and Maps etc is on the left it's starting to become a pain. I have tired multiple phones and have tested this on x3 C8's (one courtesy, my own and a friends) yet the issue still persists. There are a few troubleshooting steps in AA as well as on your phone that that I have tried however these have been unsuccessful so I believe the issue is with the MMI interface.
    Thanks for that, thought it was just me.

It's incredibly annoying - note I also have seen the same problem using Apple CarPlay as well as AA, so I thinks it's an Audi issue.

Edit - can you link to your Audi Sport post too, so I can watch it? I also saw someone in Reddit post similar.

0 0 0

4. Re: Weird bug - Android Auto & Car Play 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tdw197 View Post
    Thanks for that, thought it was just me.

It's incredibly annoying - note I also have seen the same problem using Apple CarPlay as well as AA, so I thinks it's an Audi issue.

Edit - can you link to your Audi Sport post too, so I can watch it? I also saw someone in Reddit post similar.
    https://www.audi-sport.net/xf/thread...s-line.398891/

Could you link the Reddit post also?

I've done some debugging and messing around in dev mode, screen resolutions etc but have got nowhere. It's probably worth noting that the three cars that I tested it on were all running the same version of software. Maybe someone with a later version could try it? Also what extras does your car have?

0 0 0

5. Re: Weird bug - Android Auto & Car Play 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jdmsam View Post
    https://www.audi-sport.net/xf/thread...s-line.398891/

Could you link the Reddit post also?

I've done some debugging and messing around in dev mode, screen resolutions etc but have got nowhere. It's probably worth noting that the three cars that I tested it on were all running the same version of software. Maybe someone with a later version could try it? Also what extras does your car have?
    Here's the Reddit post:

https://www.reddit.com/r/AndroidAuto...m_source=share

My car is from 12/18 and hasn't had any firmware upgrades (my dealer says there aren't any...). I'm on holiday at the moment and can't check actual version.

I've also done some debugging on the android side (tried the various developer Res options etc and the very latest AA be ux version too).

0 0 0

6. Re: Weird bug - Android Auto & Car Play 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Here's the Reddit post:

Audi android auto left inch doesn't work properly. : AndroidAuto

My car is from 12/18 and hasn't had any firmware upgrades (my dealer says there aren't any...). I'm on holiday at the moment and can't check actual version.

I've also done some debugging on the android side (tried the various developer Res options etc and the very latest AA be ux version too).
    I've replied on reddit with what I have found so far. Does Audi/VW have any kind of fault reporting online?

0 0 0

7. Re: Weird bug - Android Auto & Car Play 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    I'm having this issue also

0 0 0

8. Re: Weird bug - Android Auto & Car Play 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    10 Post(s)
    Have emailed Audi a complaint about this, it's ******* annoying as hell.

0 0 0

9. Re: Weird bug - Android Auto & Car Play 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    I'm usually just using bluetooth for playing music and what annoys me is that the title of the song played is usually 'stuck' in the tab of the virtual cockpit. I can switch songs, but the title in that top field remains. What's funny - I had the same issue on my A4 from 2015. Is it possible it's still not fixed or is it more of the iPhone problem?

0 0 0

10. Re: Weird bug - Android Auto & Car Play 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)

I have emailed them but only got a response telling me to go to my local dealer so they can confirm the problem...

The new AA ui is awesome but they have moved more buttons to the left which makes it even more unusable now.

0 0 0

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast