1. Oil Change 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    I'm in the fortunate position to own a B9 RS4. DECA engine.

Front.JPG

Audi 'bless them' have it oil change set at every 19000 miles odd.
    As it has just covered 7000 miles I would like to change the oil as I'm sure it's still running off the high spots.

I know the engine uses 7.7ltrs of oil.

But I have some questions.
    1. What is the part number for the oil filter?
    2. What is the torque of the filter cap when I put it back in, my old A4 B8.5 was 22Nm if I remember correctly.
    3. Should I use oil from Audi service? The hand book says Castrol Edge Profesional VW 504 00, VW 502 00, VW 508 00, ACEA C3 or API SN, but which one, if there all the same why are there three different VW numbers?
    I have found this info: Volkswagen Oil Specifications - oilspecifications.org and I'm leaning towards VW 502 00 looking at the description and at the reference to arduous conditions.
    4. Can I use a vacuum oil extractor or do I need to get underneath and remove the oil sump plug if there is one!? If underneath is there just one plug and do I need to replace the plug seal?

Many thanks in advance

Regards

Jools

0 0 0

2. Re: Oil Change 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    308 Post(s)
    Why put a medium quantity oil in an RS4 ?

504.00 absolutely cains 502.00 in oil performance perameters.

0 0 0

3. Re: Oil Change 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Gazwould
    Thanks for your reply, I'll look at 504.00, it also appears first in the list they give in the electronic manual.

Hence the reason for the post to get the best info.

Thanks

Regards

Jools

0 0 0

4. Re: Oil Change 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    To finish off this thread, well I took the plunge and bought the oil, a filter and oil drain plug with washer from Audi, well at least this time anyway. Ouch! £££
    The first thing the guy in the service department did was apologize that they only had the oil in 1 ltr bottles making it overall more expensive and said I could buy it cheaper elsewhere. Well at least he apologized.

The oil supplied was Shell Helix Ultra Professional AV-L 0W30 fully synthetic oil VW 504.00/507.00.
    Oil Filter, 06M 198 405F
    Drain Plug, AN 911 679 01
    Drain Plug Washer, AN 013 849 5

The last two items you may have to miss off the A from the front of the part number searching on the web.

Any way I didn't use the plug and washer as I don't have access to a lift and the car sits so low to the floor I'd never be able to reach the drain plug even if I could get the bottom engine panel off. Maybe I'll save up for something like a Quickjack.
    I decided instead to use a vacuum extractor I have. It worked really well, judging by the fact I refilled with 7.6 ltrs to get it back to reading full on the electronic oil sensor.

The one thing I didn't like is the fact the oil sensor it isn't an analogue output, it's digital. It steps from empty to full in about 6 steps which in my view means you could easily overfill if you get to enthusiastic. And Audi tell you doing so can damage your CAT!

Any way I hope this is helpful to someone else out there.

Jools

0 0 0

5. Re: Oil Change 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Audi use an adjustable dipstick when the service cars like the B9, they set different stops on it and use the already fitted tube on the front on the engine. I don’t know if you can buy these but I expect they are expensive.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

0 0 0

6. Re: Oil Change 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    I actually have a laser one with sliding top stop that I used on my 62 plate A4 Black Edition 2.0 TDI. I need to dig it out and get a reading I can calibrate by.

Thanks for jogging my memory

0 0 0