Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    78 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by andyhud007 View Post
    Hey Rob

No worries, glad they offered to extend. Yep, mine updated after about 3 days after the phonecall to Audi CS.. so give it a couple more days. I dont think it will take 2 weeks. I know a couple of other guys have done the same 12 month extension via Audi CS and it only took a few days to "activate". Just sit tight a little longer

RE: Red Menu. Wait for the MMI to load up and give it a couple of minutes to be fully settled down, then at the same time with both hands hold the NAV Button up and the RADIO Button downwards and hold in that position for upto 10 seconds. the screen should then change to the Red Menu.

Pic below. Sorry its not the right way up!

Attachment 36143
    My extended activation took over a week but that’s because it ran out just before Xmas shutdown and the folks that do it in Audi HQ in Germany were on hols for ages... It has to be done my some central department the dealers/Audi UK contact apparently.

Q7 3.0 TDi ABT Power 325bhp MY16 S-Line Tech/Tour/Trailer packs, orca black, 21 inch 9.5J rims, rotor grey leather, sunroof, BOSE, ambient lighting, reversing cam, drivers memory seat. Gtechniq Crystal Serum Ultra ceramic coating. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.
    | Q7 3.0 TDi ABT Power 325bhp MY16 S-Line Tech/Tour/Trailer packs, orca black, 21 inch 9.5J rims, rotor grey leather, sunroof, BOSE, ambient lighting, reversing cam, drivers memory seat. Gtechniq Crystal Serum Ultra ceramic coating |

0 0 0

2. Re: Q7 Apple Car Play no longer working 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    I'm in a similar situation, bought a used approved audi q7 4M (2016), I can see the option for audio smartphone interface in the menu but no matter what I connect, apple or android, neither are detected for carplay/android auto. Looking at the USB ports looks like I have the right ones for this to work.

Assume then that this is a licence/fec issue?

Is my only route to payup for the booklet with codes to get the feature working?

Thanks

0 0 0

3. Re: Q7 Apple Car Play no longer working 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sandstheman View Post
    I'm in a similar situation, bought a used approved audi q7 4M (2016), I can see the option for audio smartphone interface in the menu but no matter what I connect, apple or android, neither are detected for carplay/android auto.
    If you see the smartphone interface, then you have it. However there are mandatory things to do:

- you have to enable the Carplay in the Iphone menu,
    - you have to pair the phone with the Connection manager in the MMI, sometimes you have to pair it again, and you have to select it in the Connection menu. Without it, the system will not recognise the phone.
    - and most of all, you have to enable Siri, as without it, the system will not work.

I hope these info will help to you too.
    Audi Q7/4M MY2016, 3.0 TDI/200 KW Quattro

0 0 0

4. Re: Q7 Apple Car Play no longer working 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Have tried those steps, but still not working.

I managed to get into the engineering menu this evening and check the FEC's and not seeing the codes that apply for apple car play/android auto. Which is odd considering the smartphone option is in the menu.

Suspect that's the missing element then.. 😕

0 0 0

5. Re: Q7 Apple Car Play no longer working 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    228 Post(s)
    Have tried those steps, but still not working.

I managed to get into the engineering menu this evening and check the FEC's and not seeing the codes that apply for apple car play/android auto. Which is odd considering the smartphone option is in the menu.

Suspect that's the missing element then..
    Yep. That will be it. Did it definitely work before? Maybe the previous owner tried to enable the menu (Audi Smartphone Interface) which is easy to do but without the licenses it won't do anything.

What software version is your mmi on?
    Q7 272PS | ABT Tuned to 325PS / 680Nm | Tech Pack | Dyn Pack | Matrix | Pan Roof | Trailer | Drv+Pass Mem Seats | TV | NightV | BOSE | DVD Chger | Homelink | Soft Doors | Heat+Snd Ins Glass | Priv Glass | Heat W/Screen | Heat Steer Wheel | Adv Key | Elec Boot Cover | Elec Steer Column | Side Assist | Air Susp | Ambient Light | Heat+Fold Mirrors | Park Assist Pack | Adv TPMS | Load Fix Kit | Black Turbine Alloys | Matte Black Wrap | ABT Door Leds

0 0 0

6. Re: Q7 Apple Car Play no longer working 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AT. View Post
    If you see the smartphone interface, then you have it. However there are mandatory things to do:

- you have to enable the Carplay in the Iphone menu,
    - you have to pair the phone with the Connection manager in the MMI, sometimes you have to pair it again, and you have to select it in the Connection menu. Without it, the system will not recognise the phone.
    - and most of all, you have to enable Siri, as without it, the system will not work.

I hope these info will help to you too.
    Yep. That will be it. Did it definitely work before? Maybe the previous owner tried to enable the menu (Audi Smartphone Interface) which is easy to do but without the licenses it won't do anything.

What software version is your mmi on?
    I'm assuming it worked before seeing as the menu option is there, but hasnt worked since I've had the car. So may well be the case as you that just the mneu option was enabled only.

It's on version 0442, time for an update?

0 0 0

7. Re: Q7 Apple Car Play no longer working 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    228 Post(s)
    I'm assuming it worked before seeing as the menu option is there, but hasnt worked since I've had the car. So may well be the case as you that just the mneu option was enabled only.

It's on version 0442, time for an update?
    Yes, most likely. Can you go back into your Red Engineering Menu and take a pic of your Version screen and send it over?Can see what update your eligible for.
    Q7 272PS | ABT Tuned to 325PS / 680Nm | Tech Pack | Dyn Pack | Matrix | Pan Roof | Trailer | Drv+Pass Mem Seats | TV | NightV | BOSE | DVD Chger | Homelink | Soft Doors | Heat+Snd Ins Glass | Priv Glass | Heat W/Screen | Heat Steer Wheel | Adv Key | Elec Boot Cover | Elec Steer Column | Side Assist | Air Susp | Ambient Light | Heat+Fold Mirrors | Park Assist Pack | Adv TPMS | Load Fix Kit | Black Turbine Alloys | Matte Black Wrap | ABT Door Leds

0 0 0

8. Re: Q7 Apple Car Play no longer working 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Yes, most likely. Can you go back into your Red Engineering Menu and take a pic of your Version screen and send it over?Can see what update your eligible for.

Sure, i'll grab a picture when I get in after work....

0 0 0

9. Re: Q7 Apple Car Play no longer working 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    228 Post(s)
    Sure, i'll grab a picture when I get in after work....
    Nice one.

0 0 0

10. Re: Q7 Apple Car Play no longer working 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    44 Post(s)
    If you can get into REM (Red Engineerign Menu) you can also see which keys your car has and which are valid, this will clearly show if your car has the required keys for CarPlay/AndroidAuto

keys.jpg

0 0 0

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast