1. Re: V6 TDI recall - NOx emissions 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    44 Post(s)
    My adblue needed filling up every 6-7k before the update.... god knows how often I'll be filling it now

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

0 1 0

2. V6 TDI recall - NOx emissions 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JSRed View Post
    My adblue needed filling up every 6-7k before the update.... god knows how often I'll be filling it now

I wish there was an actual adblue readout, but I guess they give you enough time to refill it. 1500 miles I think. I filled mine up a few months back. Took me like 30mins to get 10L in. It was ******* out all over the place. Then I moved the car, put it up on a high curb, which helped a lot.

A7 3.0tdi 272 Black Edition Mythos Black Tech pack

0 0 0

3. Re: V6 TDI recall - NOx emissions 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    15 Post(s)
    I got my letter today too and it will not be going in for the work.

My car is a 2015 3.0 bi tdi and it has adblue, i use a flexi funnel and my dad as a second pair of hands to get it topped up and it needs a lot of slow pouring and patience

0 1 0

4. Re: V6 TDI recall - NOx emissions 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    174 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop187 View Post
    I wish there was an actual adblue readout, but I guess they give you enough time to refill it. 1500 miles I think. I filled mine up a few months back. Took me like 30mins to get 10L in. It was ******* out all over the place. Then I moved the car, put it up on a high curb, which helped a lot.

All the 10l Adblue refills I have bought from both ECP and Amazon have come with a filler hose attached to the side of the container. Once the filler tube is attached I have added the 10l in less than 10 mins every time and with no significant spillage at all

0 1 0

5. Re: V6 TDI recall - NOx emissions 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by johnsimcox View Post
    All the 10l Adblue refills I have bought from both ECP and Amazon have come with a filler hose attached to the side of the container. Once the filler tube is attached I have added the 10l in less than 10 mins every time and with no significant spillage at all
    I had a blonde moment and was filling up on my drive, which was not level. But one I move the car to a better position it went I a lot better.

0 0 0

6. Re: V6 TDI recall - NOx emissions 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    30 Post(s)
    Buy the screw on adapter from Audi, its not expensive, it screws to the car and the container, so no leaks. I then position 10l container on the lid of a wheelie bin, and let it do its stuff, giving it the odd squeeze to encourage it to drain.
    Current Fleet
    2017 Audi A6 Avant BiTdi
    2008 BMW Z4M Roadster
    2003 Clio 172 Cup

0 0 0

7. Re: V6 TDI recall - NOx emissions 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    44 Post(s)
    Just reflecting on this old post.... I had the update about 7-8 months ago and mine hasnt asked for any adblue since.... however it now stinks. The exhaust on startup is toxic and cos I usually park in the garage, it is even more noticable. People comment when I start my car and they're standing nearby.... before the update it never smelled really. Now it smells like an old bus. Strange really.

Also, I have noticed the car feels sluggish compared to how it used to. It used to be quite perky and fly through the revs, now it just seems to take a lot longer and be less willing to get up and dance. It might be me but even the gear changes seem more relaxed and sluggish even in S auto mode. The launches also now seem completely subdued and it doesnt pin you back on the initial departure like it used to. That used to be a party piece off the lights every now and then, instead it just feels like a big bumbling sluggish estate.

0 0 1

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12