1. V6 TDI recall - NOx emissions 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)
    I have just received through the post a recall notice from Audi for my 2017MY 3.0L TDi 272.

It says it's a technical measure, code 23X6, for NOx emissions. It claims no difference in fuel consumption, CO2, emissions, power, torque or noise. If that's the case, what's the point of it?

Anybody had it done yet? Any noticeable changes in the car afterwards?
    2017 model A6 Avant Black Edition 3.0Tdi (272) Quattro, Sepang Blue Exclusive Paint, Tech Pack, Matrix LEDs, Ambient Lighting, 20" 5 Twin Spoke Wheels, S Line Suspension, Audi Smartphone Interface, Debadged

0 0 0

2. Re: V6 TDI recall - NOx emissions 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)
    I've done some online research and it seems the recall is a software update for both the engine and the gearbox, plus the replacement of a probe. It is another emissions cheat device, plus when the adblue warning comes on at 1500 miles, the software reduces the injection rate to allow more time to refill? Problem with this is that the emissions increase dramatically. Looks like the adblue counter will go down much quicker after the update.
    2017 model A6 Avant Black Edition 3.0Tdi (272) Quattro, Sepang Blue Exclusive Paint, Tech Pack, Matrix LEDs, Ambient Lighting, 20" 5 Twin Spoke Wheels, S Line Suspension, Audi Smartphone Interface, Debadged

0 0 0

3. Re: V6 TDI recall - NOx emissions 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    44 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by istate75 View Post
    I have just received through the post a recall notice from Audi for my 2017MY 3.0L TDi 272.

It says it's a technical measure, code 23X6, for NOx emissions. It claims no difference in fuel consumption, CO2, emissions, power, torque or noise. If that's the case, what's the point of it?

Anybody had it done yet? Any noticeable changes in the car afterwards?
    My Bi-tdi had it about a month ago. Not noticed anything different. I asked what it was about and apparently the software was turning off the adblue so customers didnt have to visit the dealer inbetween services... so it wouldn't ever get to the point of not restarting if it got to zero miles because the software stopped it reaching zero.

Good old Audi looking out for it's customers. Who wants the inconvenience of filling up their adblue tank when you can just kill children and puppies with your emissions until your next service.

They top up your adblue tank for free now too each time your car goes in.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

0 1 0

4. V6 TDI recall - NOx emissions 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    29 Post(s)
    I had this done about 2-3months ago too. Can’t tell any difference. Although they didn’t tell me it was for this. They told me it was to replace a sensor. Must have done that software update too. Cheeky b*****ds

A7 3.0tdi 272 Black Edition Mythos Black Tech pack

0 0 0

5. Re: V6 TDI recall - NOx emissions 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    49 Post(s)
    I received the same letter today. Funny as I picked the car up from a service on Wednesday and said to not do any Engine management updates. I think I'll dodge this update for another year :-)
    Audi A6 Avant 2019 Black Edition, C8, 3.0TFSI S Tronic. Tech Pack, Parking Pack, Tow Bar, Tour pack.

0 0 0

6. Re: V6 TDI recall - NOx emissions 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1836 Post(s)
    The reason they had to do this stems back to the marketing people getting grumpy about the urine tank taking up showroom appeal load area space so the tank ended up being too small.
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

7. Re: V6 TDI recall - NOx emissions 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    44 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JSRed View Post
    My Bi-tdi had it about a month ago. Not noticed anything different. I asked what it was about and apparently the software was turning off the adblue so customers didnt have to visit the dealer inbetween services... so it wouldn't ever get to the point of not restarting if it got to zero miles because the software stopped it reaching zero.

Good old Audi looking out for it's customers. Who wants the inconvenience of filling up their adblue tank when you can just kill children and puppies with your emissions until your next service.

They top up your adblue tank for free now too each time your car goes in.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
    When did the BiTdi get adblue? My 2014 model doesn’t have it (I don’t think)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

0 0 0

8. Re: V6 TDI recall - NOx emissions 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    171 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JonathanK View Post
    When did the BiTdi get adblue? My 2014 model doesn’t have it (I don’t think)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2.0 engines got AdBlue late 2014, prior to the facelift when they introduced the Ultra Engine. 3.0 engines got it mid to late 2015 (all post facelift) but there are some facelift 3.0 cars that do not have the AdBlue version of the engine

1 0 0

9. Re: V6 TDI recall - NOx emissions 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    29 Post(s)
    My cars a FL on a 64 plate and has adblue

0 0 0

10. Re: V6 TDI recall - NOx emissions 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    171 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop187 View Post
    My cars a FL on a 64 plate and has adblue

I think the A7s got the new engines ahead of the A6 in the same way that they received the facelift changes a few months earlier

0 1 0

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast