1. Cat S Beetle 2.0 tsi 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Morning, been along time since I've posted here. As the title been looking at Beetles as a halfway house for myself and the Mrs. Anyway ones come up on eBay that was Cat S, (obviously from copart) I've seen the pictures and it needed new wing, bonnet, headlight, bumper and airbags were deployed. The airbags are where my question lies, can you deactivate the airbag warning with a VAG com for example? So worst case scenario the seller just replaces the dash covers but doesn't fit replacement airbags? And if I view, any way of finding things like this, like how do you know the airbag crash detection sensors even work? I know "I shouldn't be looking at a cat S car then if I'm that worried".. thing is its £4k cheaper than the equivalent! Welcome any advice cheers guys.

0 0 0

2. Re: Cat S Beetle 2.0 tsi 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fellowsuk View Post
    any advice cheers guys.
    categorised cars are categorised for a reason - me I would leave well alone - however if you really want it get the advice of a properly qualified motor engineer and not joe blogs who thinks he is one

0 0 0

3. Re: Cat S Beetle 2.0 tsi 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    It can easily cost £4K to replace a set of damaged air bags as you should not forget the seat belts will also have deployed. Mother of Crasher pranged her Polo 6R late last year and we JUST broke even on the payout for repairs and we only did that because she was fond of the car. Cars go to places like this because they are beyond economic repair but Copart know there is always a fresh supply of gullible beginners out there who think they can beat the system (been there, done that, got the scars) and bad people who will do terrible things just to turn a profit, the only people who really win are Copart. No you cannot reset a triggered air bag with VCDS, some systems can but would you put your and your loved ones lives in the hands of a recoded box that is specifically designed not be be reset? I have such a system and cleared the code on mothers and then chickened out.
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 1 0