Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)
    Hi Guys,

Despite VDT's negative experience with the ASI, I'm going ahead with it, and it's booked in this Friday afternoon for Audi to "install" and activate it. I've shopped around a lot, and had a very wide range of prices, including Audi originally wanting £360 to do it.

There's a lot of mixed info out there about whether or not it's possible on my car, 66 plate, MY2017 (VIN year code H), with one place saying Audi Technical had told them it would require around £500 in parts.

I have the option in my MMI, but it's greyed out. Audi say it is definitely doable, and have booked it in for this Friday. I asked them to make the price start with a 2, which they have, only just.

I'll let you all know how I get on, fingers crossed.

Cheers,

BS...

0 1 0

2. Re: Getting Audi Smartphone Interface installed in my Facelift 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Brownstone1892 View Post
    Hi Guys,

Despite VDT's negative experience with the ASI, I'm going ahead with it, and it's booked in this Friday afternoon for Audi to "install" and activate it. I've shopped around a lot, and had a very wide range of prices, including Audi originally wanting £360 to do it.

There's a lot of mixed info out there about whether or not it's possible on my car, 66 plate, MY2017 (VIN year code H), with one place saying Audi Technical had told them it would require around £500 in parts.

I have the option in my MMI, but it's greyed out. Audi say it is definitely doable, and have booked it in for this Friday. I asked them to make the price start with a 2, which they have, only just.

I'll let you all know how I get on, fingers crossed.

Cheers,

BS...
    I thought that for your car, you would just need Audi to activate it for you. last it checked it was £250 on the Audi website.

A7 3.0tdi 272 Black Edition Mythos Black Tech pack

0 0 0

3. Re: Getting Audi Smartphone Interface installed in my Facelift 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop187 View Post
    I thought that for your car, you would just need Audi to activate it for you. last it checked it was £250 on the Audi website.

The activation pack is €260, (£220), then half an hour labour. The thing that is worrying me, is that I don't have a mobile phone symbol next to my USB port, like the photo below. Audi have assured me it will be achievable on Friday, so we'll see.

Cheers,

BS...

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

0 0 0

4. Re: Getting Audi Smartphone Interface installed in my Facelift 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    29 Post(s)
    The activation pack is €260, (£220), then half an hour labour. The thing that is worrying me, is that I don't have a mobile phone symbol next to my USB port, like the photo below. Audi have assured me it will be achievable on Friday, so we'll see.

Cheers,

BS...

That’s a bit strange. Maybe it was taken off on 66 plates and up? I have it on my 64 plate FL. Try and check with other people who have the same ages car

0 0 0

5. Re: Getting Audi Smartphone Interface installed in my Facelift 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

Cheers,

BS...

I don't have that symbol next to mine (MY18) but as mentioned I was quoted around £250 all in Inc labour. That was from Audi Leicester. Then derby Audi told me I should already have it as the car was specced with the tech pack and phone box option. Loads of different info from different dealers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

0 0 0

6. Re: Getting Audi Smartphone Interface installed in my Facelift 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by F3rritt View Post
    I don't have that symbol next to mine (MY18) but as mentioned I was quoted around £250 all in Inc labour. That was from Audi Leicester. Then derby Audi told me I should already have it as the car was specced with the tech pack and phone box option. Loads of different info from different dealers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I'm starting to realise that this is the norm. I was hoping for a better customer experience with Audi. After I'd signed for my approved A6, they didn't find out if it was arriving prepped until a week later. Took 3 weeks in total before I could take it away. No one at the dealership knew about that sticker in the boot with the option codes, or the MMI software number. How can salespeople sell something they know nothing about?

Communication doesn't seem to be a strong point with them...

0 0 0

7. Re: Getting Audi Smartphone Interface installed in my Facelift 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    78 Post(s)
    Audi smart phone interface was always an option, it started in MY17 and was a £250 option. Dealer may have to update the update the MMI software on the car, after that it's just the case of applying the license file via ODIS.

Cannot comment on why the sales person did not know about the VIN sticker with the option codes, but when it comes to the MMI system there is very little training given to the dealership, there is usually 1 or 2 tech that get the training but that's is about it. There is also so many different Audi models with different levels of hardware & software so it would be impossible from them to know about what software version installed and what features get enabled with which version. Also Audi Germany never provide any release notes or patch information with the software updates provided to the dealers. If they find an issue with the MMI system then it's assigned a TSB number which has a part number of a specific software version to fix the fault.

Also never ask the dealer to update your MMI system to the latest version, first they won't know what the latest version is and second they generally won't touch updates. If something goes wrong then they will have to fix it and with the main 5F module costing around £2,200 they just won't take the risk. Audi also won't provide any warranty on failed updates unless the update was applied fix a known TSB issue.

1 0 0

8. Re: Getting Audi Smartphone Interface installed in my Facelift 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)
    Thanks for that post, lots of questions answered there.

Fingers crossed for Friday, I can finally use all the apps I can in the Q5.

Cheers,

BS...

0 0 0

9. Re: Getting Audi Smartphone Interface installed in my Facelift 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by B5NUT View Post
    Audi smart phone interface was always an option, it started in MY17 and was a £250 option. Dealer may have to update the update the MMI software on the car, after that it's just the case of applying the license file via ODIS.

Cannot comment on why the sales person did not know about the VIN sticker with the option codes, but when it comes to the MMI system there is very little training given to the dealership, there is usually 1 or 2 tech that get the training but that's is about it. There is also so many different Audi models with different levels of hardware & software so it would be impossible from them to know about what software version installed and what features get enabled with which version. Also Audi Germany never provide any release notes or patch information with the software updates provided to the dealers. If they find an issue with the MMI system then it's assigned a TSB number which has a part number of a specific software version to fix the fault.

Also never ask the dealer to update your MMI system to the latest version, first they won't know what the latest version is and second they generally won't touch updates. If something goes wrong then they will have to fix it and with the main 5F module costing around £2,200 they just won't take the risk. Audi also won't provide any warranty on failed updates unless the update was applied fix a known TSB issue.
    I got my MMI updated at the dealership for free (friend works there). They do do it but charge a lot. It’s not really worth doing just the firmware as there’s not really much difference.

0 0 0

10. Re: Getting Audi Smartphone Interface installed in my Facelift 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    78 Post(s)
    If you walk in off the street as Joe public, all they do is check on erwin for any required updates or recall's, if they don't find any they won't update. If a tech has the latest version as they have updated other car then he could apply the update, but as I said Audi Germany will not warranty any update done by a dealer unless it has an associated TSB.

0 0 0

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast