Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    113 Post(s)
    Hi all,

I changed to a Q7/2016 from my former A6/C7, so I have some questions about my new car, and I hope you can help me out with theese.

Navigation:

- I didn't found the option to change the order of the addresses. I was able to delete these, but I was not able to move these up or down. How can I change the order?
    - I didn't found the option to show the lane assist in an intersection (the left side of the below picture):[Solved: See below]

How can I set it?

Background interior lighting: [Solved, see below]

- I found that there are only four pre-set colors exists, even I have the RGB Leds. Of course I can live with this, but for me it's a strange thing, that there is no option to set the R/G/B color on your own. Is it real?
    - is it possible, that the foot area light turns on only with the "orange" colour, and there is no way to turn it on, or change the intensity with the other pre-sets?

Automatic parking: [Solved: See below]- I was not able to select anything, like to decide whether I try to park on the left side, or the right side, parallel, or the other way. Is this feature a fully automatic one, or I have the possibility to change the parking method, way, or side of the road?

MMI touch memory:

- The manual says, I can program any menu item, or music to the 1-8 buttons. However if I try to program a function, fe. the ambient light, then it says "you can't store this feature". Do you know what are the limitations of this service, or which menu items are available to store there?

Climate unit:

- I have the two-zone digit unit, and I can't find the Sync option. Is it possible, that even it's digital, there is no way to activate this very simple feature in the MMI?

Interesting cargo area issue:

- I have the factory rubber for the hood, and I was surprised, that this covers the cargo net's fixing points. By this I can't use the rubber cover, as there are no other fixing points in that area, so I can't fix any package there. Do I miss any option which includes some more fixing points, or is this a real design failure?

In the end, I wish to mention, that maybe my MMI version is too old (some 03XX version), and the later versions have the above mentioned features, but I hope, you can help me out with these with some clues or solutions. In the future I intend to purchase an OBDeleven unit to do some more tips&tricks, but currently and unfortunately all of the versions are out of stock.

Thanks in advance for any help!
    Last edited by AT.; 23-08-2019 at 11:36 PM.
    Audi Q7/4M MY2016, 3.0 TDI/200 KW Quattro

0 0 0

2. Re: New to Q7, I have some newbie questions 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    113 Post(s)
    Two problems solved:

- I found the way to show up the lane assist mode:

If you are in the NAV menu, and you will press the "]" button on the left side of the wheel, then you will have the ability to change the DIS view to "Street view". In the meantime, I'm still wondering, who could be the one, who never heard of the Google Street view, while in the same time they added the Google maps to the DIS... let me say, it's more than confusing.

- automatic parking:

You have to use the turn signal before to reach the parking place. This is the trick. If you do it, and there will be more options for the parking, then you will have the ability to change from the possible parking methods with the big center knob.

The rest of my questions are not solved yet, so I'm open for any idea

0 0 0

3. Re: New to Q7, I have some newbie questions 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    113 Post(s)
    So, here is another solved issue

Quote Originally Posted by AT. View Post
    Background interior lighting:

- I found that there are only four pre-set colors exists, even I have the RGB Leds. Of course I can live with this, but for me it's a strange thing, that there is no option to set the R/G/B color on your own. Is it real?
    - is it possible, that the foot area light turns on only with the "orange" colour, and there is no way to turn it on, or change the intensity with the other pre-sets?
    The answers are all the same. There is no RGB setting possibility, but if you select the "Individual" setting in the "Bacground lighting" menu, and after this, you press the center MMI knob right, or you press the "]" button, then you will have an additional menu with at least six option. With these you can set all the ligthing elements one-by-one, and you can select the color of the background area, and the decorative lights.

0 0 0

4. Re: New to Q7, I have some newbie questions 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    30 Post(s)
    Background interior lighting: [Solved, see below]

In the Car settings you can set up 1 individual setting. From memory it's not as flexible as the sales pitch made it sound but from memory their is a RGB type colour selector you can pick from (not numbers more a RGB venn diagram type thing.

Climate unit:

- I have the two-zone digit unit, and I can't find the Sync option. Is it possible, that even it's digital, there is no way to activate this very simple feature in the MMI?

On the 4 zone you just push one of the switches up to synch. I'm guessing on the 2 zone you may not have this as it does the front/rear/synch

In terms of the automatic parking, I salute you for your patients. Mine has this but everything I try to use is I get fed up (and embarrassed if their are people waiting on me) with the timely way it does everything and just park it manually

1 0 0