1. 2017 A5 sportback electrical issues 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    We have had our A5 2.0 TDI for exactly a year, it is currently in with audi for the 4th time!

1st issue was the drivers side heated wing mirror wouldn’t work, then the drivers side door actuator failed. Next the fuel flap wouldn't open, not even with the emergency pull cord. Then there are intermittent issues with the doors, sometimes absolutely fine but maybe twice a week the central locking keeps re-locking everytime you travel over 10mph and at the same time the offside rear child locks wont either lock or unlock - depending on whether they were on or off at the time the car started. We have also had issues with the offside rear window dropping and not fully closing.

So last time it went in they said the intermittent issues were down to software update and they had been fixed - next day they were back. So my A5 has been in for almost a week and they can’t replicate the issues. I get their problem, they cant fix what they cant see. We have shown them videos when it happens. But what can I do next. We have a car that should be reliable and we feel it has a driver side electrical fault that will continue - An expensive piece of kit that keeps letting us down. Not great when you have 2 young kids in the car esp the child locks!

Anyone else had issues on one side? Should we ask for a replacement? A price for them to buy it back? I doubt anyone would want to buy it when we come to sell with the number of problems we’ve had. Any advice appreciated.

0 0 0

2. Re: 2017 A5 sportback electrical issues 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Sounds a nightmare. Cannot see software as an issue, the same fault would be occurring on many of the cars if that was the issue you would assume..
    i think I would contact Audi customer service at Milton Keynes and put some pressure on from them.
    A7 Vorsprung Firmament Blue
    S4 Vorsprung Saloon Tango Gone
    A5 S line 50 TSFI Scuba Blue. Gone

0 0 0

3. Re: 2017 A5 sportback electrical issues 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    They had it in for two weeks, replaced a door lock and thought it had fixed it. On a long drive to cornwall in the driving rain the fault reoccured and had been back ever since. We have been into the dealership manager to discuss our options. They now have one chance to rectify the fault or they will look at doing us a part ex deal as close to like for like as we can or we may go for something else. So its in on friday for another few weeks. Hopefully they can sort it because we do love the car otherwise!

0 0 0

4. Re: 2017 A5 sportback electrical issues 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    I have loads of niggly electrical faults with my 2017 S5 Sportback. Things like the windows closing with a right clunk sometimes (and the tailgate), the multi-function switch om the steering wheel only works when it feels like it (or when it goes in to the dealer). I share your frustration when the dealer says we can't fault it!!!!!

0 0 0