Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    35 Post(s)
    Hey guys,

How's going? The factory warranty on my Q is expiring this month, I need to decide whether to buy the Audi extended warranty or just leave it and put the cash towards the repair fund. The plan is to keep the car long term. I know that I am gonna regret no matter what I did, in the end it will be the case that nothing breaks while I have warranty and the minute I stop paying, everything blows lol.. What are you guys doing at the moment if you are keeping the car long term? Any experience that you felt very lucky or unlucky to have/not have paid for the warranty? For those of you lucky enough to be able to get a new car every couple of years or so, any big ticket items gone wrong and replaced under warranty?

The price quoted was around 500 quid no excess and 300 something with 250 excess... consider how much it costs to replace some of the big ticket items, might not look too bad..? for example, I heard that the air suspensions in general could go wrong easily and that costs thousands to replace.. not sure if that applies to our particular models.

Thanks!

0 0 0

2. Audi Extended Warranty or not? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    183 Post(s)
    I bought mine with 4years warranty and will within a heartbeat extend for year 5 providing I keep the car...

On mine i was really unlucky and had a gearbox changed - bill to Audi £14k. Then a couple of DPF issues with regen not kicking in but all minor stuff. (This was all within 3yrs)

Got to remember labour costs are sky high something like north of £150 per hour and warranty covers diagnostic charges also....

Warranty will have some silly exclusions but the All Component covers majority.

End of the day it is an ‘insurance’ policy...you may not need it and it may feel like £500 down the drain. But if something goes wrong £500 will be easily spent fixing it.

I can only speak for me but I’ve done it in the past and will do it again.
    Last edited by Nemo78; 09-07-2019 at 07:17 AM.

0 2 0

3. Re: Audi Extended Warranty or not? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    23 Post(s)
    Definitely buy it. I took a years extended warranty out, I’m just over half way through and the repair bill must stand at around £8k!

Back in tomorrow for a sunroof rattle!

0 2 0

4. Re: Audi Extended Warranty or not? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    44 Post(s)
    I took out an extra year and so far all I paid for was piece of mind, but I'll probably extend again in September if the prices are still as reasonable for year 5.

0 2 0

5. Re: Audi Extended Warranty or not? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    35 Post(s)
    Thanks guys, it is actually the 5th year for my car, it has the extended 4 year factory warranty from new which is running out.

I think for a piece of mind I will invest in the warranty. Thanks again guys!

0 0 0

6. Re: Audi Extended Warranty or not? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    35 Post(s)
    And one note about the pricing - the normal price should be around £400 - 600 for All Components, 15k depending on the excess. If you have been quoted for £1000, it's probably because either you are not within the 30 days prior expiration of the existing warranty, or the existing warranty has already expired. And also the details of your car needs to be on the system... My previous quotes were all around £1000, I have been told to check back within 30 days of current warranty is about to expire, and I did that and still getting the same quotes, emailed back to ask and they told me that my car was not on their system for some reason and they have added it in.. Now I am getting the "correct" quotes which is much more reasonable...

The higher pricing was for covering cars which have been out of Audi warranty for a while and it makes sense for the price to be a bit higher as they won't know the history of the car, and the cover will only kick in after 30 days from the date of purchase. With the correct details added in, I can now buy the warranty the night before the expiration date, and I can still select the cover to start the next day.

0 1 0

7. Re: Audi Extended Warranty or not? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by inchshort View Post
    Definitely buy it. I took a years extended warranty out, I’m just over half way through and the repair bill must stand at around £8k!

Back in tomorrow for a sunroof rattle!
    Are they doing anything different these days. Mine came back but couldn’t be bothered to do anything about it.
    Former Q7 owner

0 0 0

8. Re: Audi Extended Warranty or not? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    23 Post(s)
    Apparently there is a three part fix. First is a sunroof service, if that doesn’t fix it, then there’s a tpi to add a few extra strips of felt in strategic places, if that doesn’t fix it then new sunroof.

I am currently on part 2!

0 1 0

9. Re: Audi Extended Warranty or not? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    35 Post(s)
    Interesting.. actually got me thinking, if I went with the warranty that carries an excess, would I have to pay the excess each time in this situation?..

0 0 0

10. Re: Audi Extended Warranty or not? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    23 Post(s)
    Extended warranty only covers the replacement sunroof, service I paid for and the tpi fix was a gesture of goodwill.

If it is a warranty fix then yes, excess you would pay for. I would go for the zero excess warranty.

0 2 0

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast