1. No Interior Blower faults 01592 & 01844 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi All, I have a 2009 Audi A5 Coupe 190bhp 2.7D version. Was going great until last week the interior blower gave up. No warning, no temporary on/off, just would not work when tried. There is a very faint amount coming from the vents, but when I try to increase this by going up the dial it fails to work. The only way is with increased car speed and using the front window demister seems to increase the power ever so slightly. Took it to local garage, who ran diagnostics and it came up with errors
    01592 - Sensor Air quality, G238 no signal/no communication
    01844 - ECU for Fresh air blower J126 No signal/no communication

He wan 12 volt power test direct to blower motor and said same running fine, with no evident loss of power
    He then got his hands on replacement resistor, from an 08 A4, but this made no difference.

I have checked all fuses in dash and luggage compartment twice , he checked them also, with all fine.
    He said it could no be anything and he really did not want to go any further, as it looked like it could take a lot of time. I contacted other local guys and explained my predicament and no one wants to know, again citing lack of time etc.

Anyone any ideas where to turn, likely solutions? As its an 09 I am reluctant to spend much and was actually considering trading up shortly, but will need the blower working to sell the car.

Any help or some notion what to try next would be much appreciated?

0 0 0

2. Re: No Interior Blower faults 01592 & 01844 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    I had this on my old B6 A4, the fan just stopped working. I thought it was worn brushes, but it was a brushless motor. Dismantled it all, couldn't find anything, put it all back together, then it started working again and worked when I sold it.

Maybe a dodgy connection, I don't know.
    A4 Avant 1.9 TDi160 for when the weather is on the damp side - Sold after 9yrs. Now A5 3.0TDI Q Sport Coupe (310bhp/480ft/lbs - Yamaha R6 for when its dry and want some 'High octane Petrol' fun.

0 0 0

3. Re: No Interior Blower faults 01592 & 01844 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Avant View Post
    I had this on my old B6 A4, the fan just stopped working. I thought it was worn brushes, but it was a brushless motor. Dismantled it all, couldn't find anything, put it all back together, then it started working again and worked when I sold it.

Maybe a dodgy connection, I don't know.
    Got my hands on working blower motor and resistor and swapped them with my own, no change, still no blow from blower. Getting different head control unit on Monday, swap them out and see if they make difference, hopefully that resolves it or it may be down to a poor connection somewhere?

0 0 0

4. Re: No Interior Blower faults 01592 & 01844 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by septicsac View Post
    Got my hands on working blower motor and resistor and swapped them with my own, no change, still no blow from blower. Getting different head control unit on Monday, swap them out and see if they make difference, hopefully that resolves it or it may be down to a poor connection somewhere?

Picked up loan of two climate control panels today from local salvage yard, with intention of buying which ever one worked.....neither did. One had no power what so ever, the other lit light of power button but nothing else. Do I need to program these or are these just units lying up too long?
    Getting mate with same panel in his audi and going to swap it into mine, but do not want to do this is he will have to get his reprogrammed when putting it back in?

0 0 0

5. Re: No Interior Blower faults 01592 & 01844 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    20 Post(s)
    The panels MAY have Component Protection.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    A4 2.5 tdi QS (mapped)

0 0 0

6. Re: No Interior Blower faults 01592 & 01844 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kite View Post

Suspect you may be right on the money here. Got a mats A4 this evening, exact same climate control panel. Took mine and his out and tried his in mine, bingo, all light on, for about 2 seconds then only flashing light to power button. He panics thinks I have fried his console and to be fair so did I. Put his back in his own car, only flashing light to his power button, then few seconds later all returns to normal. So essentially it does look like the component protection, with consoles only working to cars they are protected to. Sayin all this how does one get round it so I can replace the console, if indeed the console is the issue?

0 0 0

7. Re: No Interior Blower faults 01592 & 01844 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kite View Post

Got a mats A4 this evening, exact same climate control panel. Took mine and his out and tried his in mine, bingo, all light on, for about 2 seconds then only flashing light to power button. He panics thinks I have fried his console and to be fair so did I. Put his back in his own car, only flashing light to his power button, then few seconds later all returns to normal. So essentially it does look like the component protection, with consoles only working to cars they are protected to. Sayin all this how does one get round it so I can replace the console, if indeed the console is the issue?

0 0 0

8. Re: No Interior Blower faults 01592 & 01844 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    OK, found a guy who would remove component protection. However yesterday everything started working again??? I still have original blower, resistor and control unit and out of the blue they now work again? I can only presume control unit is fine and probably have a loose wire? Bemused and worried how long it will remain functional? Anyone?*

0 0 0

9. Re: No Interior Blower faults 01592 & 01844 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Anyone had similar experience, where just started working again by itself, as outlined above?

0 0 0