1. new clutch touran 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Hi. Replaced clutch and dmf with bearing, Sachs brand, was already assembled, so bolted straight on. But there is a vibration through the car (clutch pedal doesnt vibrate) when pulling away in 1st gear. All other gears work fine, smooth shifting. Can anyone shed some light, what it might be. I always had this judder even with the old clutch, so it hasnt improved. Thanks
    Last edited by WillUK; 23-06-2019 at 02:55 PM.

0 0 0

2. Re: new clutch touran 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1837 Post(s)
    Does the vibration only occur as the clutch is being engaged?
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

3. Re: new clutch touran 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Crasher View Post
    Does the vibration only occur as the clutch is being engaged?
    Hi Crasher. as i slowly bringing the clutch pedal up it vibrates throught car's body. no vibration in the pedal at all. had the same problem with the old clutch, so i thought replacing it should sort the problem out, but it didn't, actually pullaway vibration even worst.

0 0 0

4. Re: new clutch touran 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1837 Post(s)
    Without actually being able to drive it all I can say is that is very odd. What is the condition of the torque arm subframe bushes?
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

5. Re: new clutch touran 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Without actually being able to drive it all I can say is that is very odd. What is the condition of the torque arm subframe bushes?
    engine and gearbox mounts only few months old, the big suframe bush has a movement, engine does rock a bit when revving, but would that bush affect pullaway vibration? someone said to me check driveshafts... really odd

0 0 0

6. Re: new clutch touran 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    only done 25miles, and it seems like vibration has gone. everthing is nice and smooth with clutch. only needs to sort out my rear brakes, they are bidding even with new exchange Elstock calipers from GSF. Handbrake lever resting at the stop and still some resistance...

0 0 0

7. Re: new clutch touran 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1837 Post(s)
    Both are binding?

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

8. Re: new clutch touran 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Both are binding?
    driver's side more than the other, noticed by amount of the brake dust. i tried adjusting handbrake the way it says in Elsa, supposed to tighthen up the nut, so that there is a gap of 1-1.5mm between lever and stop, but when i do that, the wheels doesn't spin freely, feels like too much resistance.

0 0 0

9. Re: new clutch touran 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1837 Post(s)
    I can’t check ELSA until the morning but I would want to see the lever against the stop. It is more common for the right calliper to act up, we often replace in pairs anyway but the trigger is nearly always the right hand one dragging. We only fit new TRW units (BHS 324 and 325 in your case) as VAG insist these callipers should not be rebuilt and don’t list an exchange unit. I have dabbled with recons by Pagid and even TRW (signified by an E after the part number and by the supplier wanting the old one back) and had trouble. As our time ticks away at Ł66 and hour we can’t afford to have problems, we do but I try hard to minimise them by being very picky about part sourcing.
    Last edited by Crasher; 01-07-2019 at 03:32 PM.

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

10. Re: new clutch touran 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    i probably will have a look at brake pads, make sure one side not sticking in carrier or something. its odd when factory rear discs and pads lasted for so many years and the new kit worn in a year. Might have to get genuine TRW calipers then.

0 0 0

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast