Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    25 Post(s)
    Hi All
    due to replace the original Continental 285/20/45 summer tyres shortly.
    My local chap I get everything from is offering Continental or Goodyear Asymmetric F1. Goodyear marginally less expensive but not significantly.

2019 SUV 4x4 Summer Tyre Test - Tyre Reviews

This indicates Goodyear a marginally better choice. For me low road noise and safety are main buying criteria, cornering not so critical on a Q7...

Any thoughts?

0 0 0

2. Re: Thoughts on replacement summer tyres 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)
    Go with goodyear. Overall great for SUV low noise good grip and alloys protection. Running on f1 asymmetric 3. Try blackcircles. Competetive price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Arrived: Audi A7 Quattro Black Edition 245 ps, 21 inch rotor. Tech pack. Phantom Black.
    Gone: AUDI A6 - 2011, DAYTONA GRAY, 2.7 TDI QUATTRO S LINE SPECIAL EDITION. MMI 3G. DVD PLAYER. 19 INCH.

0 1 0

3. Re: Thoughts on replacement summer tyres 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Also looking for a complete new set of 21" tyres (3 @ 2mm, 1 @ 4mm - so will have to change them all).

OPs link is the Goodyeat Asymmetric 5, are they really much better than the 3?

For a 285/40/21, Blackcircles have the v2 @ £226.99 and the 3 @ £229.63; then have another version of the 3 (non AO version) @ £267!!

0 0 0

4. Re: Thoughts on replacement summer tyres 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    78 Post(s)
    I personally like my original Pirelli Scorpion Verde AO’s (285/40R21) for summer. Seem to last OK, really grippy in dry, quiet. Poor on soft-roading like grassy fields, mud tracks etc. But I have separate winters (Nokian WR SUV 3’s).

Q7 3.0 TDi ABT Power 325bhp MY16 S-Line Tech/Tour/Trailer packs, orca black, 21 inch 9.5J rims, rotor grey leather, sunroof, BOSE, ambient lighting, reversing cam, drivers memory seat. Gtechniq Crystal Serum Ultra ceramic coating. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.
    | Q7 3.0 TDi ABT Power 325bhp MY16 S-Line Tech/Tour/Trailer packs, orca black, 21 inch 9.5J rims, rotor grey leather, sunroof, BOSE, ambient lighting, reversing cam, drivers memory seat. Gtechniq Crystal Serum Ultra ceramic coating |

0 0 0

5. Re: Thoughts on replacement summer tyres 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    35 Post(s)
    hey FortyPlus, good to see you again mate! My tyres are low now, so I am shopping around as well.. The specs and rating on the Goodyear f1s look really good and I am seriously considering getting them, however some comments about them being completely useless even with a tiny bit of snow really puts me off.. not that I am expecting to do a lot of driving with summer tyres in heavy snow, but with the amount of snow we get here in around London, it doesn't really warrant a set of winter tyres, so I kind of expecting the tyres to be able to handle at least a tiny bit of snow in low speed..

I probably ended up sticking with the original Pirelli Scorpion Verde (20s) came with my Q, they've been great and the rating are close enough to the f1s just a little more expensive.

Well, maybe people are exaggerating, I am sure the F1s are great summer tyres if you don't plan to use them in cold winters.

Btw, the radar brackets are happily sitting in my car doing its job now thanks again for that!!

0 0 0

6. Re: Thoughts on replacement summer tyres 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    80 Post(s)
    I need some new fronts; I'm wondering if I can fit Pirelli Scorpion Verde All Season to the front, whilst retaining the PSV summers on the rear.

Any thoughts on this?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
    Q7 3.0 TDI Quattro (272 HP) S-Line
    (Gone) A6 C6 AVANT 2.7TDI SE MANUAL
    Hers - Mk. VII Golf '15' 2.0 TDI BlueMotion

0 0 0

7. Re: Thoughts on replacement summer tyres 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ragebe View Post
    Any thoughts on this?
    With a Quattro drive I suggest to use the very same tyres/ages for all wheels.

IMHO, even if the tyres could be all brand new 2x2 versions, there will be a slight difference between the speeds of the wheels which can damage the power chain up to the gearbox. However, if the tyres will have different age, and different running miles, then there will be a more then acceptable difference in the diameters, which is for sure a not suggested option for any all wheel drived car. IMHO, the 2x2 wheels could be used on a FW version, but in my experience, this is almost the worst case scenario.

I had a Pirelli/Continental combo on my former A6, and this combo was replaced very soon, however, and IMHO this caused some gearbox problems in my case.

In short, it could be far better to purchase a cheaper wheel set against to purchase two more expensive one.
    Audi Q7/4M MY2016, 3.0 TDI/200 KW Quattro

0 0 0