Notices

User Tag List

Thread: Turbo actuator failure advice...

1. Turbo actuator failure advice... 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hello, first thanks to all the contributors on this forum sharing there experience with this problem, priceless information!

So, my 08 MK6 Golf 2.0l 140 CBAB has developed the 0009571 & 000665 faults suggesting turbo actuator failure. On the back of this I stuck a pipe on the actuator vacuum inlet and found little if any resistance so it looks like the diaphragm's shot!

VW quoted £400 minimum to replace it and I've got a big family holiday coming up! I don't mind getting my hands dirty so am gonna do it myself after getting the recommended spanners (£16) and the VW replacement part kit (Borg-Warner @£127). But before I start I have a few questions and one request.

• Does the (obvious) actuator failure throw up the two faults or is there something else that I need to look at replacing while its in bits, such as the N75 Control Solenoid?

• Will driving the car with this fault damage anything, I've got to do the school run!!?

• Can, with careful bolt measuring, I expect to fit the new actuator and it meet the tolerances and work properly without doing the VCDS set up? As I've got VCDS I could do it but don't know how. Does anyone have the instructions how to set it up, Crasher is there any chance I could get a copy of yours!? Thanks

• Anything else to consider?

I'm praying it's not sticky vanes that have stressed the actuator, please not the vanes!!

(I've posted the same question on another forum to be sure, appologies if your reading twice)

Thank you!

009571 - Turbocharger Boost Control Position Sensor Circuit
    P2563 - 000 - Implausible Signal - MIL ON
    Freeze Frame:
    Fault Status: 11100000
    Fault Priority: 2
    Fault Frequency: 1
    Reset counter: 255
    Mileage: 157381 km
    Time Indication: 0
    Date: 2055.14.26
    Time: 16:17:07
    Freeze Frame:
    VCID: 6FED65BD7E9D0B323C-803A
    RPM: 966 /min
    Speed: 14.0 km/h
    Voltage: 13.98 V
    Lambda: 48.1 %
    Lambda: -3.9 %
    Bin. Bits: 00001110
    Voltage: 2.508 V

000665 - Boost Pressure Regulation
    P0299 - 000 - Control Range Not Reached
    Freeze Frame:
    Fault Status: 01100000
    Fault Priority: 2
    Fault Frequency: 1
    Reset counter: 255
    Mileage: 157436 km
    Time Indication: 0
    Date: 2055.14.27
    Time: 21:17:08
    Readiness: 1 1 0 0 0
    Speed: 88.0 km/h
    VCDS
    Diagnostic Trouble Code Report
    Control Module Part Number: 03L 906 022 LA
    Page 2
    Freeze Frame:
    RPM: 2300 /min
    Load: 49.4 %
    Absolute Pres.: 2050.2 mbar
    Absolute Pres.: 1540.2 mbar
    Lambda: 98.6 %
    Lambda: 50.5 %

0 0 0

2. Re: Turbo actuator failure advice... 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)
    Those are common error codes you can Google.

VAG Error Code: 18995/14846/7286/7934/009571

EOBD II Error Code: P2563

Fault Location:
    Turbocharger Boost Control Position Sensor (G581) Circuit - Implausible Signal

Possible Cause:
    Malfunction Indicator Lamp (MIL)(K83) active.
    Power Loss
    This fault code may be caused when the Actual and Specified Turbocharger requests are considered Implausible by the engine controller.

Fuse(s).
    Wiring/Connector(s).
    Turbocharger boost control position sensor (G581) faulty or Binding due to adjustment/Turbocharger issues.
    Excessive Carbon build-up.
    Vacuum leak to/from Turbocharger
    (wastegate) actuator and Solenoid Valve for Boost Pressure Control (N75).
    Engine Control Module (ECM).

Possible Solutions:
    Check/Replace Fuse(s).
    Check/Replace all faulty
    Wiring/Connector(s).
    Ohm test Turbocharger Charge Pressure Actuator Position Sensor (G581), see factory repair manual.
    Check mechanical Turbocharger operation to rule out binging and excessive carbon.
    Check vacuum supply
    to/from Solenoid Valve for Boost Pressure Control (N75) and Turbocharger (wastegate) actuator.

Special Notes:
    When this fault is found
    in the North American Region (NAR) Market 2.0L CR TDI:Measuring Block Group 034.2 (specified) and 034.3 (actual) Charge Pressure Actuator Position Sensor (G581) values can be logged to see if the fields should mirror each other or deviate to confirm a problem.North American Region (NAR) market vehicles that had Technical Product Information (TPI) 2025464 | Technical Service Bulletin (TSB) 21-11-01 or the latest Technical Product Information (TPI)
    2025464/5 | Technical Service Bulletin (TSB) 21-13-01 completed to prevent no-start conditions in cold weather caused by a frozen intercooler may want to see this
    thread

VAG Error Code:
    16683/15343/15343/14914/11226/12896/7384/5171/5671/000665

EOBD II Error Code: P0299

Fault Location:
    Boost Pressure Regulation - Control Range Not Reached/Low Boost

Possible Cause:
    Malfunction Indicator Lamp (MIL)(K83) active.
    Reduced Power Output.
    Limp Mode.
    Limp mode:
    What is it, what are the causes, and how to fix it for the Audi and VW TDI
    diesel turbo

Hoses/Pipes incorrectly connected, disconnected or leaking.
    Charger Pressure Control defective.Turbocharger faulty.
    Diverter Valve faulty.

Possible Solutions:
    Check Hoses/Pipes to/between Components.
    Check/Clean/Replace Charge Pressure Control.
    Check Turbocharger.Check Diverter Valve.

Special Notes:
    If the Turbocharger is faulty due to mechanical/internal problems or the exhaust system is restricted (typically the Catalyst) this fault may be the end result.

Gasoline:
    When found in 2.0l
    TFSI:

Check Boost Pressure Control Valve (N249) (Turbocharger Recirculating Valve) for cracked rubber diaphragm. A new/optimized Valve is available under Part # 06H-145-710-D (or newer).
    Rest of World (RoW) vehicles see: Technical Product Information (TPI) 2016331 for details.
    North American Region (NAR) vehicles see: Technical Service Bulletin (TSB) 01-07-70 or 2013392 for details.
    When stored in conjunction with misfire codes and/or fuel trim faults see the notes associated with the following faults regarding Positive Crankcase Ventilation (PCV) failure: Crankcase
    Breather Valve

When found in Audi
    A4/S4/RS4/Cabriolet (8K):
    2.0l (CAEB):
    See Technical Product Information (TPI) 2031245/6 - turbocharger excessive waste-gate play.

Diesel:
    When found in VW Golf/Jetta (1K): 2.0l CR-TDI (CBEA/CJAA):
    Verify the mechanical part of the Exhaust Valve Control Module (J883) is not seized or binding.
    When found in the 1.9 L TDI-PD (BLS):
    Check vacuum supply from the vacuum reservoir located in the valve cover for leaks. Using a vacuum gauge, wiggle the valve cover and hose connections to check for a leak. The following photo was submitted from a
    customer working on a 2010 VW Caddy (2K chassis) with this vacuum
    reservoir problem

16683 / P0299 / 000665 - Boost Pressure Regulation: Control Range Not Reached - YouTube

Does Your VW/Audi 2.0t TSI Have A Bad Turbo - YouTube

As taken from my new EOBD II Error Codes

2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB, 5 Door, Shadow Blue (P6/D5Q), Flat Tyre Indicator, Basic Protection Pack + VCDS.

0 0 0