1. MMI Nav System Plus - POIs 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    22 Post(s)
    Hi, I'm trying to put a speed camera database onto the car SatNav.

I have the MMI Nav System Plus ... according to the handbook ... Now on page 83 it tells me how to use MyAudi to load "special destinations"... but MyAudi does not appear to have an option to create or upload such things... in fact MyAudi appears to be pretty useless other than changing dealers.

Various websites give instructions on how to upload POIs to Audi MMI, and I think I've tried most of them .. but the instructions never quite agree with what I see on my MMI. Closest I have got is using the pocketgpsworld database with POIBase to "build" the files .. but then I get a "CRC error" when I try and do the update.

So, the question is, can this system be made to show speedcameras as POIs, and if so, how ??

Any help gratefully recieved .. the car goes so well the danger of me getting "pinged" has increased exponetially from the old motor !!

Regards

E
    2014 Audi A6 Allroad (C7, 245bhp)

0 0 0

2. Re: MMI Nav System Plus - POIs 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    171 Post(s)
    Can't answer your question directly but even you do find away of uploading them be aware the system will not give you an audible alert when approaching the POI so you will need to keep l;ooking down to see if a camera is coming up whcih could be regarded as dangerous

0 0 0

3. Re: MMI Nav System Plus - POIs 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    81 Post(s)
    I see from another post that you have updated from a third party database not Audi, so that may be the reason you are experiencing problems. As jonisimcox states it will not give you a warning of POI. Get a cheap Nav if you want warning of cameras, or look out for the warning signs at the side of the road.
    2015 FL S-line 2L ultra & 2003 225 TT Coupe

0 0 0

4. Re: MMI Nav System Plus - POIs 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    33 Post(s)
    And, yes, Audi has deleted the ability to upload personal POI databases to the MMI from the MyAudi portal, which - as you rightly point out - is now mostly useful for checking which optional extras are fitted to your car; very handy, for example, if you cannot remember if you have a panoramic roof or not and are too lazy to glance upwards at the roof lining.

0 1 0

5. Re: MMI Nav System Plus - POIs 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    113 Post(s)
    Just a little offtopic: I'm not even able to download the MMI Connect for iPhone... :/ It was also removed/disappeared, and currently I can't use net radio... it seems, Audi removes all nice feature, started with the street view look
    Audi Q7/4M MY2016, 3.0 TDI/200 KW Quattro

0 1 0

6. Re: MMI Nav System Plus - POIs 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    20 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AT. View Post
    Just a little offtopic: I'm not even able to download the MMI Connect for iPhone... :/ It was also removed/disappeared, and currently I can't use net radio... it seems, Audi removes all nice feature, started with the street view look
    You and me both.
    MMI connect has been replaced by MyAudi.
    The MyAudi App on mine shows no hotspot and the send to car function is next to useless.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    A4 2.5 tdi QS (mapped)

0 2 0

7. Re: MMI Nav System Plus - POIs 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    44 Post(s)
    If I send a destination to the car it asks me to enter my access code every time and then says it can’t connect to the server. I’ve all but given up. The wife has a new Ford Ecosport and the Sync 3 system is way better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

0 0 0

8. Re: MMI Nav System Plus - POIs 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    235 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JonathanK View Post
    If I send a destination to the car it asks me to enter my access code every time and then says it can’t connect to the server. I’ve all but given up. The wife has a new Ford Ecosport and the Sync 3 system is way better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Use google maps to send to car. Works much better than using the my Audi app.

1 0 0

9. Re: MMI Nav System Plus - POIs 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi
    I have tried this on the Sat Nav of my Golf Gtd and failed as well.
    I have found though an app called Radarbot which detects most speed cameras if upgraded to premium which costs approximately £6.00 as a one off payment.
    Once subscribed you get warnings from your phone directly into your speaker system via Bluetooth. I have an android phone but I am pretty sure it is available for iPhone as well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

0 0 0