Notices

User Tag List

Thread: Front end lighting ... LED lamps all round !

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Re: Front end lighting ... LED lamps all round ! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Hi Wayne ! The only error messages I got whilst fitting these lamps were from the DRL and Indicator lamps, one from each pair, both of these lamps are 'wedge' lampholders therefore can be fitted, normally, either way around ! but the LED versions seem to be polarity sensitive and one of each pair needed to be rotated 180 degrees and all worked fine after ... the error message disappeared immediately !
    The young lady at ABD explained that all of their lamps are CAN-BUS compatible and they would like to say 100% .... But as we know there are always manufacturing tolerances included in everything electronic so 99.9% ... should a lamp not work I am sure it would be replaced !!
    Yes I was given holder / clip / adaptors for the H7 lamps but in my case not needed ... I am sure you would be offered the same friendly gesture !!

Keith.

1 1 0

2. Re: Front end lighting ... LED lamps all round ! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi Keith

The LED bulbs look great. Do have an update on how they perform on dark roads, cutoff etc?

Thanks

0 0 0

3. Re: Front end lighting ... LED lamps all round ! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by keithnewsome View Post
    Sorry 'mcbane21' I got your message some days ago but have had difficulty finding the invoice concerned, my paperwork filing is not the greatest !! But for all looking here are the part numbers of each of the six pairs of lamps purchased, unfortunately I cannot give a description of each lamp as the invoice is somewhat vague ?

Keith.

H8CRW-2 -: FOG LIGHTS

7440CRCANW-2 -: DRL's

501CRCANW-2 -: SIDE LIGHTS

TW582G2LED-2 -: INDICATOR

TWH8/9/11/16V10LED -: FULL BEAM

TWLED477 -: H7 MAIN BEAM
    I've been doing a bit of research on these bulbs and have deciphered the codes on ABD and added which bulbs are which above. Hopefully it'll help someone.

0 0 0

4. Re: Front end lighting ... LED lamps all round ! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Hi mitchgixer6. Many thanks for your input here ! Not had too many opportunities to drive in darkness yet but of those I note the very white light is far better than all previous Passats … the high beam could be a little further ahead for me, that's always been a limiting factor in my opinion, I have not adjusted anything on the lights yet ? Have not had any 'flashes' either … the short range lighting on dipped beam is superb, especially the sides of narrow roads … enhanced of course by the steering controlled fog lights !!!
    Thanks for your additions to the lamp descriptions these tie in nicely with my invoice details !!

Keith.

0 0 0

5. Re: Front end lighting ... LED lamps all round ! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I have just recently got myself a 2015 Passat GT and I am looking to change to LED bulbs. This is a great help thanks. I am also curious about the MOT side of things.

Has any one considered retro fitting the genuine LED headlights? is this possible?

0 0 0

6. Re: Front end lighting ... LED lamps all round ! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    It is illegal and an MOT failure to retro fit LED’s to any external light units not homologised to accept them. It is a difficult one as I feel it is a little draconian not being able to make older cars lights brighter where non dipped beam lights are concerned but that is the rule. I use LED front side lights in my old Octavia to run as DRL’s manually but it is still an offence, a difficult one.
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 1 0

7. Re: Front end lighting ... LED lamps all round ! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Well after almost a year since the last comment here ... Today was MOT day, thanks to .Gov for the extra six months, passed with flying colours ! No comments on lighting and no additional problems noted !! Happy Daze !

Keith.

0 0 0

8. Re: Front end lighting ... LED lamps all round ! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    MOT man needs reporting for not doing his job properly... probaly the sort that ignores gutted DPF's as well
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

9. Re: Front end lighting ... LED lamps all round ! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Indeed, modern LEDs can serve up to forty years. They are not sensitive to temperature changes and, most importantly, to vibrations and shocks. And the light output, at first glance, is considerable - up to 30-60 lm/W and more than 10-17 lm/W of incandescent lamps. It grows with the development of technology, from year to year. I even installed LED lighting in the interior of my car https://www.vont.com/product/vont-car-smart-strip-light/. Even the most shabby headlight will illuminate markings or road signs, but only if they are present. Otherwise, it is common to hope that good light can be a panacea that will save both the car and human lives. Often we are willing to spend time and money on it!
    Last edited by ShayleeDunlap; 27-06-2022 at 09:04 PM.

0 0 0

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12