Notices

User Tag List

Thread: Front end lighting ... LED lamps all round !

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Front end lighting ... LED lamps all round ! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Four weeks ago I bought my sixth Passat estate having had so much fun since 1989 .... Therefore I have seen and tried a lot of changes over the years .... This B8 GT estate is just so much better than all the rest, I enjoyed the B6 for it's advancement but let that go at 227k miles !! The B8 and I have covered 5k+ miles and no complaints .... except the standard lighting ?? I have never had a Passat with 'good' lighting ... so as I have promised myself many many times in the past I have changed all of the lamps on the front to LED .... what a difference !
    I was lucky enough to have work in Southampton recently and paid a visit to ABD, the very knowledgeable young lady there was a great help in choosing which lamps to buy for each application !
    I have taken some example photos below trying to show the difference in appearance at each stage of the job ...

Keith.

Photo 1. DRL and Parking Light.

Photo 2. Dip Beam and Fog Light.

Photo 3. Dip Beam, Main Beam and Fog Light.

Photo 4, Dip, Main, Fog and Indicator as many as possible !

0 0 0

2. Re: Front end lighting ... LED lamps all round ! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    Let’s hope the MOT man does not object.
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

3. Re: Front end lighting ... LED lamps all round ! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by keithnewsome View Post
    Four weeks ago I bought my sixth Passat estate having had so much fun since 1989 .... Therefore I have seen and tried a lot of changes over the years .... This B8 GT estate is just so much better than all the rest, I enjoyed the B6 for it's advancement but let that go at 227k miles !! The B8 and I have covered 5k+ miles and no complaints .... except the standard lighting ?? I have never had a Passat with 'good' lighting ... so as I have promised myself many many times in the past I have changed all of the lamps on the front to LED .... what a difference !
    I was lucky enough to have work in Southampton recently and paid a visit to ABD, the very knowledgeable young lady there was a great help in choosing which lamps to buy for each application !
    I have taken some example photos below trying to show the difference in appearance at each stage of the job ...

Keith.

Photo 1. DRL and Parking Light.

Photo 2. Dip Beam and Fog Light.

Photo 3. Dip Beam, Main Beam and Fog Light.

Photo 4, Dip, Main, Fog and Indicator as many as possible !
    They look amazing!

I have a GT estate too. May I ask how much the bulbs cost and did you fit them yourself?

As the poster above said I’d be concerned about what the MOT tester would say.

Still look awesome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

0 1 0

4. Re: Front end lighting ... LED lamps all round ! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Many thanks for that input gentlemen, yes I have considered the MOT man ... rather hoping that as I have changed all twelve lamps at the front of the car it will not look too obvious ?? I do see a lot of cars with only one or two pairs of lamps changed on the front making it clear that a change has happened ???
    The overall cost of all twelve lamps from ABD was £186:96, there are alternative lamps available from them, for each application, at different costs therefore the price may vary ??
    Yes I did the work myself, having read all threads here on lighting mods, and learned lots ! Having been an electrician for 55 years possibly helped ??
    Keith.

0 1 0

5. Re: Front end lighting ... LED lamps all round ! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Looks great, any chance you could note what bulbs you went for?

Been doing lots of reading about light throw and cut off, I don't want to blind other drivers with the wrong choice!

I'm on the edge of the forest so could pop into ABD soon.

0 1 0

6. Re: Front end lighting ... LED lamps all round ! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fr3n2y View Post
    Looks great, any chance you could note what bulbs you went for?

Been doing lots of reading about light throw and cut off, I don't want to blind other drivers with the wrong choice!

I'm on the edge of the forest so could pop into ABD soon.
    I would also like the bulb info please .

0 0 0

7. Re: Front end lighting ... LED lamps all round ! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Sorry 'mcbane21' I got your message some days ago but have had difficulty finding the invoice concerned, my paperwork filing is not the greatest !! But for all looking here are the part numbers of each of the six pairs of lamps purchased, unfortunately I cannot give a description of each lamp as the invoice is somewhat vague ?

Keith.

H8CRW-2

7440CRCANW-2

501CRCANW-2

TW582G2LED-2

TWH8/9/11/16V10LED

TWLED477

1 1 0

8. Re: Front end lighting ... LED lamps all round ! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Sorry 'mcbane21' I got your message some days ago but have had difficulty finding the invoice concerned, my paperwork filing is not the greatest !! But for all looking here are the part numbers of each of the six pairs of lamps purchased, unfortunately I cannot give a description of each lamp as the invoice is somewhat vague ?

Keith.

H8CRW-2

7440CRCANW-2

501CRCANW-2

TW582G2LED-2

TWH8/9/11/16V10LED

TWLED477
    really appreciate this, thank you

0 0 0

9. Re: Front end lighting ... LED lamps all round ! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)

Keith.

H8CRW-2

7440CRCANW-2

501CRCANW-2

TW582G2LED-2

TWH8/9/11/16V10LED

TWLED477
    Thank you.

0 0 0

10. Re: Front end lighting ... LED lamps all round ! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)

Keith.

H8CRW-2

7440CRCANW-2

501CRCANW-2

TW582G2LED-2

TWH8/9/11/16V10LED

TWLED477
    A few questions.

Do any of these bulbs throw up any errors on the dash and did you have to purchase additional bulb holders/clips for the H7’s to fit correctly?

Thanks,

Wayne.

0 0 0

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast