Notices

User Tag List

Thread: Removing trim under front bumber.

1. Removing trim under front bumber. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    80 Post(s)
    I believe I need to remove the underside front trim, below the bumper, as one of the air intake? ducts has come loose, on the left side.
    No idea how it happened and I'll add a photo later but
    a) has anybody done this?
    b) do you have pics or advice if you have?
    c) reading Andy's post, suggests it's something to approach with caution.
    Audi Q7 4M Front Bumper Removal - ACC Calibration

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
    Q7 3.0 TDI Quattro (272 HP) S-Line
    (Gone) A6 C6 AVANT 2.7TDI SE MANUAL
    Hers - Mk. VII Golf '15' 2.0 TDI BlueMotion

0 0 0

2. Re: Removing trim under front bumber. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    53 Post(s)
    Can you not remove the front under tray and approach from that angle? If the vents are similar to my Allroad then they just push back on.
    2015 A6 Allroad 3.0TDi 218 CRTE - NEW
    2012 A6 Avant 3.0TDi Multitronic - OLD

0 0 0

3. Re: Removing trim under front bumber. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    80 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KevTrem View Post
    Can you not remove the front under tray and approach from that angle? If the vents are similar to my Allroad then they just push back on.
    It does look as if it's a simple push fit. The photo attached is the offending part.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
    Q7 3.0 TDI Quattro (272 HP) S-Line
    (Gone) A6 C6 AVANT 2.7TDI SE MANUAL
    Hers - Mk. VII Golf '15' 2.0 TDI BlueMotion

0 0 0

4. Re: Removing trim under front bumber. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    228 Post(s)
    Mate, its easy.. you dont need to remove the front bumper

Just under the screws holding the "fabric" noise insulation underneath to the front bumper.. some big silver jobs and use a flat head screw driver on them. There are a couple of torx screws too.. but only need to remove the ones around the middle section of the front bumper under the car

Put the car on highest drive select mode (Offroad/Allroad) etc and get under and reach in from the back and those little vents just "push in" over some clips

Dont need to remove bumper.. and you wont affect ACC either.

Andy
    Q7 272PS | ABT Tuned to 325PS / 680Nm | Tech Pack | Dyn Pack | Matrix | Pan Roof | Trailer | Drv+Pass Mem Seats | TV | NightV | BOSE | DVD Chger | Homelink | Soft Doors | Heat+Snd Ins Glass | Priv Glass | Heat W/Screen | Heat Steer Wheel | Adv Key | Elec Boot Cover | Elec Steer Column | Side Assist | Air Susp | Ambient Light | Heat+Fold Mirrors | Park Assist Pack | Adv TPMS | Load Fix Kit | Black Turbine Alloys | Matte Black Wrap | ABT Door Leds

1 1 0

5. Re: Removing trim under front bumber. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    35 Post(s)
    it's not just me then! my Q had the same issue, for me both sides came undone.. Without taking anything out, I managed to make it stay on, all I did was to put some double sided tape on the small tabs of the bumper which supposedly the trim pieces should clip onto, and then pull the trim pieces toward you while try to line them up to the tabs. There wasn't much space to apply force so I had to grab the trim piece as hard as possible where my fingers can stay and pull and wriggle, the friction from the fingers should be enough to move the trim pieces in slowly (but it won't be enough to make it click unless you undo the "fabric" and push from behind as suggested by Andy), once they moved in place, give it some push around the areas where the trim piece meets the tabs to get the tapes to stick on.

Of course this was just a temp fix as the trim pieces should really clip on to the tabs, but they stayed on just fine with even motorway driving. Then I had the bumper off while doing Night Vision retrofit with Andy, so we fixed it properly by push in from behind and we even applied some glue just in case the actual clip catches had broken...

1 0 0