Notices

User Tag List

Thread: MK6 Golf 1.6 TDI CAYC Injector Leak.......but not from the usual leak off pipe!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. MK6 Golf 1.6 TDI CAYC Injector Leak.......but not from the usual leak off pipe! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Hi,
    My Mk6 Golf 1.6 TDI CAYC has developed a leak from one of the injectors. It's not from the usual area around the leak off pipe but from the large nut just below the electrical connector.
    Have any of the experts or DIY mechs on here come across this? I've had a search of the forum and googled said fault but there's not much info on it.
    The car has 133k and hasn't had the emissions fix.

Thanks
    '12 Audi A4 Allroad 2.0 TDI 'CGLC'
    '11 VW GOLF BLUEMOTION 1.6 TDI. 'CAYC'
    '07 VW T5 TRANSPORTER T32 ,,,,,, 'BNZ'
    '91 VW GOLF SPORTLINE CABRIOLET 1.8 GTI. 'DX'

0 0 0

2. Re: MK6 Golf 1.6 TDI CAYC Injector Leak.......but not from the usual leak off pipe! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    That injector looks like it has been rebuilt.
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

1 0 0

3. Re: MK6 Golf 1.6 TDI CAYC Injector Leak.......but not from the usual leak off pipe! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks Crasher. What makes you think it has been rebuilt? I bought it with 85k so it may well have had replacement injectors.

0 0 0

4. Re: MK6 Golf 1.6 TDI CAYC Injector Leak.......but not from the usual leak off pipe! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    It is the colour of the rust on the body, it reminds me of the cheap and nasty no-name ones Euro Car Parts sell, the body is bead blasted which removed the corrosion coating VDO put on and them the body rusts. These injectors are nearly as much of a problem as with the Passat PD TDI ones which resulted in a recall about 12 years ago. In fact the CAYC engine itself has been something of a disaster, no so much in the hot oily bits but the externally sourced external items such as flywheel, injectors, EGR valvs, DPF' etc. Although far from perfect the 2L has been much less trouble, apart from the occasional snapped crank...
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

1 0 0

5. Re: MK6 Golf 1.6 TDI CAYC Injector Leak.......but not from the usual leak off pipe! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    IMG_7493.jpgThat's odd. They all look original with accompanying VAG p/n and there is nothing in the service history printout that came with the car .Only notable mentions are a replacement ECU and DPF filter
    Got a replacement new VDO injector with the updated p/n arriving today so fingers crossed it'll code in easily.
    Thanks again Crasher

0 0 0

6. Re: MK6 Golf 1.6 TDI CAYC Injector Leak.......but not from the usual leak off pipe! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    The new VDO Injector has arrived in unopened packaging and checks out on the VDO website so I'll have a go at replacement tomorrow. With regard to coding I notice than when adaptation values are checked on VCDS there appears to be an extra zero at the end of the code. Is that system generated or something I need to add when coding the new injector?

0 0 0

7. Re: MK6 Golf 1.6 TDI CAYC Injector Leak.......but not from the usual leak off pipe! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    I just enter the code off the top of the injector. When you look at the new one you may be able to the different finish, maybe it has had all four as I have known them burst out due to broken bolts but not to leak. On that point, the bolts are stickily one time only. Fist step, no more than 1>2 Nm, attach the fuel lines and then 8Nm plus 180 degrees. Make sure you keep the clamping plate orientated so that it goes back onto the same injector, I just put a dab of yellow gimp paint on both. The injector that comes out with the one being replaced should be fitted with a new seal set , at the very least a new copper seat washer. Take care with the return line, it is brittle and nearly £93.

Slava Ukraini
    !

1 0 0

8. Re: MK6 Golf 1.6 TDI CAYC Injector Leak.......but not from the usual leak off pipe! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks Crasher.
    Replaced #2 injector today and coded it via VCDS so the car is back up and running albeit with a slightly lumpy idle. I’ve checked the cylinder deviation values and #2 is running at around -1 and cyl #1 ,#3 & #4 around + .400 ish.
    Im guessing a mismatch in injector age and mileage might cause this.

0 0 0

9. Re: MK6 Golf 1.6 TDI CAYC Injector Leak.......but not from the usual leak off pipe! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    I sometimes wonder that could the coding be used to play around with delivery and teak older injectors, it would need someone to crack the algorithm. I often get them being wobbly after a new injector, I put them on ODIS and it sorts it out, no idea what it does as it just gets on with it.

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

10. Re: MK6 Golf 1.6 TDI CAYC Injector Leak.......but not from the usual leak off pipe! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Hi, new member here looking for information about my Passat's 1.6 tdi cayc issues.

I have the exact fault with my 4th injector from the left. literally leaking at the same spot and as @Crasher said it also looks different to the other 3. rusty. Can i ask when you got this done what was the costs?

many thanks for any help.

Kind regards

Dan

0 0 0

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast