Hi Audi Owners !

I own a 2013 A6 4G Allroad , with a 3.0 204hp Tdi – Stronic gearbox. I know many A5 have this same engine/gearbox/quattro combo.

I bought the car with 25k km, full service history, not one issue to be noted. Since then have been struggling with vibration issues.

• New P Zero's, wheels completely checked for bends or torsion, several 3D and roadforce alignments.
  • Brakes and disks ruled out.
  • Complete axle on the right side, and new CV joint on left side, with sight improvement on the vibration repercussion.
  • Cardan drive shaft appears to have no play at manual and visual inspection.
  • Both Gearbox oil and ATF checked, with no slight sign of fillings. It came out clean as a 40k km car should.

Quattro “Creep”/ Ackerman effect seems to be "amplified" in this car – Tried 3 same year vehicles, all with a slight judder in full lock at P and R, but mine seems to have 2/3 times more play in the same situation. ( No one can explain this )

Issue has been getting worse, and vibration can be felt especially under 2000rpm.

Vibration comes from under the central console/pedals.

Audi rep is suspecting DMF can be causing this. Goodwill offered IF it checks out that the DMF has abnormal wear (car has 40k km on the clock now).

• No violent noise on start up, no “loose marbles” noise, only a slight harshness at start and shut down.
  • Idle and when redlight ( D + Brake) seems to have abnormal rev behaviour.
  • A little bit off a jerk when changing up or down gear.
  • Seems to improve at higher revs.

Has anyone had this symptoms related to DMF premature wear?

Even with goodwill, it’s an expensive reoair, especially if it doesn’t end it!

I have been struggling with this for a while now, and a lot of people seem to have similar vibration issues.

Will make shore to make an exhaustive report when and if I get to the bottom of this, as sanity is on the verge of being tested

Thanks People !