1. Another unhappy 3.0tdi A4 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Went out with a friend to pick up a car. Last week. Apparently exposing her to an A6 2.8 Quattro has left her unable to drive anything without quattro... So off we trundle to look at a 2006 3.0tdi SLine A4 Avant

So the car turned out to not be as described. Few more body marks, stank of weed, 4 nadgered tyres and the running rough.. My first audi was an 89 100e and ever since I've had and looked after my own, so I reasoned having has no end of these issues and them almost always being mashed crank breathers we would take a punt, lowballed the seller, got the car and did the drive home from Exeter to Guilford. Besides the little girly squeal as she pinned herself into the driver's seat was quite funny. The car is a shed but it's not gone over the hill yet and the owner prior to the last one showered a lot of love on her. There's definitely a diamond in there somewhere. Apparently he has had all manner of people look to find the issue.

The rough running is an intermittent misfire under idle, it comes and goes but under load its horrific. It went in for mot on Fri and failed on all sorts, mostly nadgered rubber, nothing scary.

So fast forward to our first proper look and right off I can see that whomever has been maintaining this car is an idiot. We have to redo a few "repairs" properly, but nothing looks like a culprit. Off we go to vcds and look at the injector quantities. 1, 3 5 6 are all in the ballpark of - 1 mg/str, however 2 is sat at - 1.99 and 4 at -5. My gut feeling from dealing with our fleet of injector eating mondeo ambulance cars, is that 2 isn't a happy bunny and 4 is quite possibly deeply unwell. I realise this is only a very basic guide to health but that much deviation looks suspicious.

0 0 0

2. Re: Another unhappy 3.0tdi A4 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    308 Post(s)
    B7 3.0 tdi has common injector issues .

0 1 0

3. Re: Another unhappy 3.0tdi A4 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    On the surface they share a lot of visual similarities with the Ford/Delphi injectors on the TDCI engine, they are almost service irems on those engines, I have a box of dead ones. Have ordered a recon. Will pop that in 4, if it helps the old one can go off for rebuild and that can go in two.

How much of a pig is removal?

0 0 0