Hi Guys,

Hope you guys can help point me in the right direction. So my 2009 Highline Passat I did notice near enougth full lock either direction if I was at low speeds I could hear a light grinding noise, it sees to me from the front left but someone else said it sounded central. I also had a second noise where if pressure was on the front of the car due to the road or position of and I was trunign the wheel and from a stationionary position I would hear a cling type sound from the front left. Initially I thougt it may be the CV joint but when I felt it, it looked good.

So I took it to a garrage and they checked it over and said the wishbone on both front and passanger side rear. It was aorund £300 worth of work and I thought if its not done now its a MOT failure later in the year. So I had the garrage do it, initially they messed up the tracking and took over 2 weeks before they could get it back in to realign and I recall them saying the steering arms were twisted and hence the alignment being out after the work. While the tracking was out, the nose was still there and it was more apparant the noise at low speed turns full lock, where as now its not as much but still there on low speed full lock turns which usually happen at parking.

I have taken it back and they seem to think nothing is wrong or could not see anything, I took it to another garrage which I would say did not seem as skilled and they though it may be power steeling which I dont think is the case, I am thinking maybe is the steering arms are bad they need replacing as the noise is at low speed.

I do have an option to take it to a VW but they would charge to look at it £60 I think or another VW specalist I know locally charges £45 to inspect but if its a noise others have heard I would rather use it on the cure.

I have made a short clip on my dashcam, See 2019_0527_131000_2.mp4 - Google Drive between 7-10 seconds it can be heard a light grinding type sound. Again it only happens near full lock and at low speeds, there is no no vibration or stifnes etc Any suggestions are appreciated, also if you were to show it to a VW specalist or VW who would you pick?