Notices

User Tag List

Thread: Non invasive inspection via endoscope/borescope of EGR valve (effect of BG245 treatment)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Re: Non invasive inspection via endoscope/borescope of EGR valve (effect of BG245 treatment) 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    I am also Asthmatic but have recently found Fostair a great help but it makes my hands shake like I have Parkinson’s but that could also be the Vodka...

The cat on a fuel of the Devil car is much the same as on a petrol although it operates at a lower temp and is two way so does not have to deal with Carbon Monoxide like a petrol one but does have to deal with various oxides of Nitrogen, those evil emissions that kill tens of thousands of people each year in the UK alone. A DPF contains a cat and a particulate filter, take this off and your car is cranking out worse pollution than anything made since around 1991. Personally I would like to see a scheme where cars found to have the DPF intentionally removed are banned from the road until they are put back to an approved standard. Those that promote and offer such services should be arrested and prosecuted.
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

2. Re: Non invasive inspection via endoscope/borescope of EGR valve (effect of BG245 treatment) 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    So the EGR function is the only thing that is not tested? Presumably the blanking plate
    typically goes at the end of the pipe nearest the exhaust manifold?

NB you forgot to mention AdBlu feeds being deleted.... this is v common with HGV systems
    but I'm not too sure if it happens with PLGs (private light goods)

Dr B

0 0 0

3. Re: Non invasive inspection via endoscope/borescope of EGR valve (effect of BG245 treatment) 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    308 Post(s)
    Quite expensive that bg245 , cheapest is 2 Stroke oil , buying bulk 2-EHN , then there's Diesel Rhino , Millers Eco Max etc , both probably containing 2-EHN .

Always a trade off with the egr , more NOx for less carbon .

Egr and dpf are both visual for mot but usually have covers obscuring them . Car also has to blow below vin sticker manufacturers smoke coefficient value , so not always a fail .

Your best bet is egr adaption with VCDS , and maybe the holed slip in blank .

0 0 0

4. Re: Non invasive inspection via endoscope/borescope of EGR valve (effect of BG245 treatment) 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    I have taken some engine bay photos, engine is a CFFB

Do any of these show a point where a blanking plate for the EGR could be inserted?

VW passat 2012 (3C) CFFB engine bay photos | Flickr

I may be pointing at a pipe which has another application, I really don't know,
    taking the cover off revealed a mass of pipes only out "what????"'d by the view
    I got when I dropped the cover on the auto box on my Bongo....

It would be good to actually have a workshop manual better than "The Haynes
    book of Lies" that actually identifies everything in situ!

IMG_20190526_101337 arrows.jpg

I will work on the premice of "Don't touch unless you know what you are doing AND
    it is defective"

Cheers

JB

0 0 0

5. Re: Non invasive inspection via endoscope/borescope of EGR valve (effect of BG245 treatment) 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    I don’t run this forum like I do another where the discussion of removing emissions control systems is banned... on there I would close this thread in disgust so I will leave it up to Stuart to decide.
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

6. Re: Non invasive inspection via endoscope/borescope of EGR valve (effect of BG245 treatment) 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    I'm happy to stop talking about it if I shouldn't......

0 0 0

7. Re: Non invasive inspection via endoscope/borescope of EGR valve (effect of BG245 treatment) 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    308 Post(s)
    What's your view on egr adaption Steve ?

0 0 0

8. Re: Non invasive inspection via endoscope/borescope of EGR valve (effect of BG245 treatment) 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    Never tried it since I played with it on a friends new Octavia L&K in 2001 and it made it run like **** so I put it back and left it standard.

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

9. Re: Non invasive inspection via endoscope/borescope of EGR valve (effect of BG245 treatment) 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    308 Post(s)
    That's odd they usually run better .

0 0 0

10. Re: Non invasive inspection via endoscope/borescope of EGR valve (effect of BG245 treatment) 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    IMG_20190526_101402 crop.jpg

Given I am relatively new to VW's, could anyone identify from this
    view of the leading edge of the bonnet for a 2012 (3C) Passat 2.0 TDI CFFB......

Q: Where this pipe (that looks like a EGR pipe) goes to?

Q: what this device is?

I could really do with a schematic of the airflow route for this
    vehicle since the MAF sensor and inlet air go off to the rear of the
    block and this is at the front! As well as a picture littered with arrows
    identifying "The bits"

Does anyone publish a workshop manual that doesn't read like
    all the functioning parts were scraped into a skip and delivered
    to the authors before the guide was written?

0 0 0

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast