1. Touran wipers fault. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)
    Help very gratefully received as really stuck.

Windscreen wipers, left one passenger side works OK (they are separated motors on this so work is a team effort!) right side, driver's refuses to do anything.

So far check all fuses in engine bay main fuse board, plus the box by drivers right knee in cabin. I've got no fuses out at all.

Got second hand replacement (tested by suppliers) driver's side motor assembly, when plugged in it does the same, nothing. Looks like something on the car but don't know what to look at, I don't have any diagnosis kit to read it and it comes up with nothing of warning etc on initial switch on, so it's doesn't seem to recognise it's a fault.

Thanks in anticipation.

0 0 0

2. Re: Touran wipers fault. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1834 Post(s)
    You have the so called "opposite run" system as opposed to the "parallel run". Have you checked the part numbers are the same? Pre mid 2006 there was a change where the LIN BUS signal from the central electrics computer changed and it won't command the different type, the fuse is number 19 in the engine bay.
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

3. Re: Touran wipers fault. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)
    Thankyou Crasher.

Some further details, we've had this from new and the motors are original fit. Drivers side is 1TO 955 024C not siezed all appears ok. Passenger side is 1TO 955 024D. Always kept plenum drains clean, its just dusty in there with no flooding I'm aware of.

I've metered power to both of them at normal battery voltage, which seems OK. Checked continuity of Lin wire from passenger side over to drivers. Fuse 19 ok, full control from stalk switch operates passenger side as expected and fully. It seems that it doesn't relay over to driver module.

Looks like it's got to have the driver side wait until the passenger wiper clears the "launch" space on the screen to avoid clashing? Some timing signal issue from passenger side? Presumably that's the master in the relationship?

Replacement is 1TO 955 024E but it has the wire socket on opposite face of module, pointing to outside of car rather than as originals pointing toward centre and each other. The wiring harness would not reach replacement like this so will return to supply as it does seem to be wrong.

Could it be that the passenger module is at fault and the driver side is just sitting waiting for command to go?

Do those E D C suffix show compatability?

0 0 0

4. Re: Touran wipers fault. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1834 Post(s)
    Could you private message me the cars reg please? 1T0 955 024 C (not 1TO 955 024 C) is not a good number. 1T0 955 024 E is up to mid 2006.
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

5. Re: Touran wipers fault. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)
    Pm sent, hopefully ok as not used function before on here.

0 0 0

6. Re: Touran wipers fault. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1834 Post(s)
    Yes I got it, all three times... That is an early UK spec 1T, made 22-11-03 with the earliest opposite run system and the parts are no longer available. The only way you are going to be able to fix this easily is with the repair kit 1T0 998 021 A which is £370.45 and the adapter cable wiring loom 1T0 971 387 A which is £33.52.

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

7. Re: Touran wipers fault. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)
    Thankyou, when I sent pm it gives me no confirmation in "sent messages" so confused if it went anywhere, apologies.

Thanks for the info, I'll have to bite the bullet as it's due an mot soon.

0 0 0

8. Re: Touran wipers fault. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Did you get this fixed?
    I have a Touran 2004 1.9 TDI Diesel and the wipers stopped working during snow and ice exposure.

The wipers were "stuck", but if one pressed on the inner wiper arm so that the wiper blade moved up the windshield and then turned the wiper on, the wiper moved up, did a stop, moved down and then worked fine.

Until next time I turn the car on, then the problem was back. Wipers just stuck. Making a hindered sound.

I replaced the wiper motor and inner arms on the right side, passenger. No difference.

Then I replaced the motor and inner arms on the left side (drivers), but the motor had the connection on the opposite side, going outwards, so the plug wouldn't reach.

Stupid me cut the cable (with the battery still attached) I know I know. Very stupid.

I lengthened the cable so that it would reach to the other side, since the plug was the same I thought it might work.

It didn't. Now the wipers are completely dead, absolutely no sign of life.

I found a blown fuse and replaced it, but still dead. I switched out the motor to the correct one, and soldered the wires back together on the connector to the motor.

Still no luck. Completely dead.

I have no idea what to do, replace the cable as well perhaps?

0 0 0