1. Re: 2015 Audi A6 - EGR delete 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    235 Post(s)
    Not intending to put fuel in the fire here but here’s my opinion.
    The argument of expensive repairs is simply BS. These are expensive cars , £30k+, so repairs are not gonna be cheap. If your dpf fails then getting a new one or getting it cleaned is expected. Dpf should be seen almost as a service item like a timing belt.
    It’s like you don’t buy a 20 year old Bentley or rolls Royce for £10k and expect repairs to be the same as a £10k Nissan micra. The ashtray in the Bentley will be £10k to replace.
    I’ve had 3 c7 a6’s. 2 2.0tdi,177 and 190ps, and a 3.0,272ps. Never had problems with dpf on any of them whether I did 10k or 30k a year.
    With adblue and dpf diesels have actually became very clean cars as far as emissions go so removing these things it’s actually quite bad for the environment. There are also spot checks in some cities and if found you are risking losing the car.

1 2 0

2. Re: 2015 Audi A6 - EGR delete 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Renars View Post
    You're not going to save the planet by buying a car of any sort
    It was more the overall political mindset rather than anyone thinking they can or even care...

What makes me fume....... about this recent campaigning in London is that these ***** don’t seem to know how little the UK actually contributes to global man made CO2, IF the the aim of making the UK CO2 negative by 2050 is achieved, that will reduce global man made CO2 production by less than 1% and in the mean time the worlds gross producers will have wiped that old ten fold.
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

3. Re: 2015 Audi A6 - EGR delete 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    308 Post(s)
    Despite my views I'm no fan of diesel particulates , every pre 2009 Ford spooling up is a black cloud with their much higher smoke opacity coefficient vin values , they should be heavily taxed .

Removing dpf and egr off remap causes the vehicle to run more efficiently using less fuel as was the experience for the old boy's 1.7 Korean car , 6 mpg better and averaged 0.16 for the smoke opacity test and he took that decision with everything perfectly working at 45K .

Every forum every day has a dpf or egr issue it's epidemic for sure and the special motorway regen poo journeys that alot have to make , well the motorway is an hour away and a 40min journey to regen ? That's pollution in itself not to mention the time , cost of fuel and the probable event of it happening again to a flawed system , soot in induction , soot in oil , diesel in oil , no good , no thanks .

Lets concentrate on the real wrongs !

0 0 0

4. Re: 2015 Audi A6 - EGR delete 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    I am seeing, so far, zero issues on SCR cars apart from the occasional failed urine pump, Sharalmbra 2 mainly but my friends 2017 Caddy the other day.
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

5. Re: 2015 Audi A6 - EGR delete 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Crasher View Post
    I am seeing, so far, zero issues on SCR cars apart from the occasional failed urine pump, Sharalmbra 2 mainly but my friends 2017 Caddy the other day.
    Crasher mine failed last October, but, touch wood has been fine since, covering 15k miles. Now at 78k.
    2015 A6 Allroad 3.0TDi 218 CRTE - NEW
    2012 A6 Avant 3.0TDi Multitronic - OLD

0 0 0

6. Re: 2015 Audi A6 - EGR delete 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    I haven’t seen any SCR unit clogging yet.

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

7. Re: 2015 Audi A6 - EGR delete 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Crasher View Post
    I haven’t seen any SCR unit clogging yet.
    Sorry, it was either the SCR pump or the heating element that failed on mine, threw up a fault message saying NO RESTART IN 650MILES ADBLUE FAULT
    2015 A6 Allroad 3.0TDi 218 CRTE - NEW
    2012 A6 Avant 3.0TDi Multitronic - OLD

0 0 0

8. Re: 2015 Audi A6 - EGR delete 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    Yes seen a few do this, Mainly Shralambra 2, Caddy and A6 ultra

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

9. Re: 2015 Audi A6 - EGR delete 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    81 Post(s)
    Hi at what sort of mileage is this happening in your experience and do you know if there has been a mod to resolve this. Or is it an ongoing problem that is yet to be looked into. Thanks.
    2015 FL S-line 2L ultra & 2003 225 TT Coupe

0 0 0

10. Re: 2015 Audi A6 - EGR delete 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    It varies but the VAG info blames sub standard urine.

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast