Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi all,

I've got a 2011 Passat estate, 2.0tdi manual. Had it since September when it had 160k miles on it, now just over 181k miles with no major issues.
    Been sorting a couple of little things ahead of not today, and noticed spot deposits around top of all 4 injectors and rocker covers, but the 2 closest to cambelt were worst.
    I couldn't hear any "chuffing" of a blowing injector, or smell any diesel combustion fumes.
    As a precaution, I'd like at some point to replace injector seals, so I've got a few questions if anyone can help:

Are these injectors known for being stubborn to remove? My background is Jags, and 98% of the time a slide hammer has been used to remove, even on petrols. I don't have any vw specific tools, or even a slide hammer at home, so could do with a heads up if I'll need one.

I assume VW actually do a refit kit with new seals, clamps, high pressure pipes etc or are there any reputable aftermarket places worth looking in to?

Vcds/VW diag kit seems to be required to do an awful lot on these, can anyone confirm that simply removing injectors and reinstalling in original locations won't require any diag kit to be plugged in? I gather some people say to prime using it, but when I changed fuel filter I applied vacuum at injector leak off/hpfp return with mityvac and that worked a treat.

Thanks!

0 0 0

2. Re: 2.0tdi injector blow by 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1836 Post(s)
    I have not known them leak, just fail..... The copper base seal is 059 130 519, the O ring WHT 000 884, return O ring WHT 005 302 and the hold down bolts WHT 004 739 (8Nm +180 degrees). They don't tend to get stuck in the head, in fact the bolts can snap and then two injectors blow out. If stuck they should be removed with the special puller and twisting back and forth as you remove them avoids damaging the sealing lip. The tool T10377 should be used for installing the seal.
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

3. Re: 2.0tdi injector blow by 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    That's a great help, Thanks Crasher.

Re. special tool T10377, how exactly is it used to install seals? I've only ever come across special tools for installing teflon nozzle seals, which use a small brass cone on the end of the nozzle to stretch seal over. Is it similar to that?

0 0 0

4. Re: 2.0tdi injector blow by 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1836 Post(s)
    It is a tapered plastic shaft that expands the oiled seal over the ridges and into its groove, they don't cost much but buying one is a problem, we get TPS to order this sort of thing but they only now deal with the trade, try contacting the tool room imt.toolsequipment@vwg.co.uk, this address is on the VW UK web site but well hidden. Yes we have the same tool for Teflon DI petrol engines, got to do a set on an Ibiza tomorrow.
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0