1. First time Audi owner 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    A pure impulse buy (MY18 2.0tdi black edition) Randomly looking at cars and when I saw I had to have it. Always liked the A6 Avant. Had it for just over a week now and I can honestly say it's the best car I've ever owned.

2 things I'm slightly disappointed with are that mine doesn't have the blind spot light on the mirrors and that it's also didn't come with carplay/android auto enabled despite have the tech pack upgrade. Other than that it's a great car.

I'll be giving it its first clean this weekend after a long blast to Wales for afew days.

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

0 2 0

2. Re: First time Audi owner 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    29 Post(s)
    Nice motor. Audi can enable CarPlay/AA for £250.

A7 3.0tdi 272 Black Edition Mythos Black Tech pack

0 0 0

3. Re: First time Audi owner 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop187 View Post
    Nice motor. Audi can enable CarPlay/AA for £250.

Yeah I spoke to my local dealer and I was quoted £250 for the document and half hour labour.

0 0 0

4. Re: First time Audi owner 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)
    Looks nice...enjoy!

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
    2016 A6 Avant 2.0 tdi Quattro Black Edition
    2013 A6 Avant 2.0 tdi Black Edition ​gone
    2010 A6 Avant 2.0 TDI Le Mans. gone.

0 0 0

5. Re: First time Audi owner 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by F3rritt View Post
    Yeah I spoke to my local dealer and I was quoted £250 for the document and half hour labour.

I was quoted just short of £500 by my local dealer to activate the Carplay/AA on my A7. I told them to Foxtrot Oscar.
    From Apr 2017 - now: Oct 2016 (66) Audi A7 3.0 TDI quattro (FL - MY17), 272 ps, Black Edition (Tech pack, Parking Pack, Folding Mirrors), Mythos Black.
    Gone - From Oct 2013 - Mar 2017:
    Mar 2013 Audi A6 C7 S-line 2.0TDi Manual, Daytona Grey.
    (Gone) - From Sep 2011 - Oct 2013
    : Sep 2010 Audi A6 C6 S-line Special Ed (Le Mans) 2.0 TDi Manual, Polar Blue./(Gone) - From Sep 2009 - Sep 2011: Sep 2008 Audi A6 C6 S-line 2.0 TDi Auto, Akoya Silver.

0 0 0

6. Re: First time Audi owner 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pxr5 View Post
    I was quoted just short of £500 by my local dealer to activate the Carplay/AA on my A7. I told them to Foxtrot Oscar.
    Crazy. I thought £250 was pricey tbf just for a few codes and a technician to input them. Im going to try and live without it but I'm so use to using it on my last car. It did take afew calls to Audi Leicester to get a correct answer. First I was told as I have the tech pack and phone box installed carplay/AA is on the car. Then I was told I'm not plugging the correct cable in, then I was told if carplay doesn't work when I plug the phone in then it will never work. Only after a call to the parts department I got the answer I suspected. The previous owner never selected the option to enable Audi smartphone interface so now it's down to me to pay.

0 0 0

7. Re: First time Audi owner 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by F3rritt View Post
    Crazy. I thought £250 was pricey tbf just for a few codes and a technician to input them. Im going to try and live without it but I'm so use to using it on my last car. It did take afew calls to Audi Leicester to get a correct answer. First I was told as I have the tech pack and phone box installed carplay/AA is on the car. Then I was told I'm not plugging the correct cable in, then I was told if carplay doesn't work when I plug the phone in then it will never work. Only after a call to the parts department I got the answer I suspected. The previous owner never selected the option to enable Audi smartphone interface so now it's down to me to pay.

£250 is cheap. The code itself costs £272. So in my case it would have been £220 just for a tech to stand there for 10 minutes. I argued the toss, that this was way too much, but that's the best price they could give - £493 iirc. Even if you buy the code, it still needs Audi to activate it:

Genuine Audi Smartphone Interface Retrofit Q2 A6 A7 Q7 R8 RS6 RS7 TT Q8 9010350032331 | eBay
    From Apr 2017 - now: Oct 2016 (66) Audi A7 3.0 TDI quattro (FL - MY17), 272 ps, Black Edition (Tech pack, Parking Pack, Folding Mirrors), Mythos Black.
    : Sep 2010 Audi A6 C6 S-line Special Ed (Le Mans) 2.0 TDi Manual, Polar Blue./(Gone) - From Sep 2009 - Sep 2011: Sep 2008 Audi A6 C6 S-line 2.0 TDi Auto, Akoya Silver.

0 0 0

8. Re: First time Audi owner 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pxr5 View Post
    £250 is cheap. The code itself costs £272. So in my case it would have been £220 just for a tech to stand there for 10 minutes. I argued the toss, that this was way too much, but that's the best price they could give - £493 iirc. Even if you buy the code, it still needs Audi to activate it:

Genuine Audi Smartphone Interface Retrofit Q2 A6 A7 Q7 R8 RS6 RS7 TT Q8 9010350032331 | eBay
    Is that link for that hardware needed for early facelift cars like mine 2015-2016

0 0 0

9. Re: First time Audi owner 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop187 View Post
    Is that link for that hardware needed for early facelift cars like mine 2015-2016

No, that's just the code on a bit of paper. My A7 is a MY17 and I confirmed with the seller previously that this would be suitable for my car (not sure on yours, sorry - but if you send your VIN to the seller they can confirm one way or the other). Didn't bother in the end. For £30 maybe; but not at those silly prices.

1 1 0