1. Re: Possible Wastegate issue? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)
    I see, i don't know how to apply a vacuum to that so I'll have to get a garage to do that. What does that repair kit do? Is it a new diaphragm?

More to the point will it fix the problem? If so it sounds better to so that than recon the turbo. Or have i missed the point somewhere?

By the way, i have the same car as the op. 2011 c6 Special Edition with the cr170 engine.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

0 0 0

2. Re: Possible Wastegate issue? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    The repair kit will only fix a faulty actuator, if the fault is inside the turbo, as we are seeing more and more of, then it will need the turbo removing and rebuilding; total replacement should not be necessary.
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

3. Re: Possible Wastegate issue? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)
    Thanks for the info. So from what i understand the only way to diagnose a faulty actuator is to see if it throws a code. However if there are no codes then we're looking at a recon turbo, is that right?

Has it got nothing to do with a dpf regen then?

0 0 0

4. Re: Possible Wastegate issue? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    If you have no code read you have no idea of what is going on, it is all guess work. If the actuator diaphragm does not leak, then all you can do next is a code read.
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

5. Re: Possible Wastegate issue? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Aleung2 - Mine happens when the Regen is happening too.

A regen can happen for me after 2 mile journey fromn cold. I thought the car had to be hot before a regen, but the car temp gauge can still be rising.

Also, have you noticed that since the cooler weather has kicked in, it's not doing it as often?

I've had it fault coded and no codes.

0 0 0

6. Re: Possible Wastegate issue? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tapster View Post
    Aleung2 - Mine happens when the Regen is happening too.

A regen can happen for me after 2 mile journey fromn cold. I thought the car had to be hot before a regen, but the car temp gauge can still be rising.

Also, have you noticed that since the cooler weather has kicked in, it's not doing it as often?

I've had it fault coded and no codes.
    You sound like you're having exactly the same thing. And yes, it's not happened in a while since the cold weather came in. I'm wondering if my pdf is getting blocked as before recently it seemed to do it quite often in short and long journeys.

Is it still something to do with blocked veins in the turbo though as that'll require a rebuild by the sounds of it?

0 0 0

7. Re: Possible Wastegate issue? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    It is so bloody annoying isn't it. You buy cars like this because you like a bit of class and luxury and then you set off from a set of traffic lights and sound like a chav in an RS Turbo ��

I could do a 200 mile journey and nothing, then the next day nipping to the shop it would start a regen. It's hard to record the sound because you never know when it's going to happen. Although I did manage to record it a little bit when stationery, but it's not as loud as when the car is under load.

I have an extended warranty on my car but cant claim unless the turbo actually fails. It would be classed as wear and tear at the moment. It started when the car had done around 75K, it's got a full audi service history and I've had the oil changed more frequently than the 20k service interval since owning it.

I'm sort of hoping the turbo fails in the next 12 month or 15k miles so I can get it replaced under warranty.

Got a new noise to worry about on mine now. Sounds like the exhaust is blowing when doing hard acceleration. Sounds worse when the roads are really wet. Thought it was Dual Mass Flywheel at first, but it's an intermittent noise... again

Back to BMW for me next time I think.

0 0 0

8. Re: Possible Wastegate issue? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    67 Post(s)
    It sounds like you might have a leak from a split boost pipe or joint.

Have a check around the rubber boost pipes for any oily residue or spray.

It's usually difficult to find the split or leak, but they often occur at a sharp bend in the pipe.

0 0 0

9. Re: Possible Wastegate issue? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)
    You're right about doing a long journey and it doesn't regen but a short journey and it starts it. It hasn't done it for a few weeks though so maybe it's clear.

I'm glad we worked out that the stutter only happens on regen and not something more sinister.

I don't have a warranty so it'll be expensive if that goes. Might go hybrid if it does.

0 0 0

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12