1. Brake Pads 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    13 Post(s)
    My SQ7 has been in today for brake pads / rear discs and I was told that there were recall updates to be done although they wouldn't elaborate apart from to say that they're not safety updates. Turns out that they don't have the front pads and they will take 7 to 10 days to get them. Does this mean that I'm not supposed to use the car? Seems a bit strange that a main dealer doesn't stock what are effectively consumable items for a car in their range. Also just been told that the split in the drivers door seal isn't covered under warranty as it has been caused by the door being shut trapping the seat-belt catch - only £369. Not happy!

0 0 0

2. Re: Brake Pads 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    183 Post(s)
    Hi John I think I read somewhere that there is a compressor software update for the SQ and other recalls could be dependant on how old the car is vs recalls that have been out there.

There is a front facing camera one also (not sure if this applies to your car)..

Re brake pads - I guess it’s ok to drive unless they were non existent - if it wasn’t safe they’d I’m sure say so?

Hope the above helps - someone else may pop along who knows more

0 0 0

3. Re: Brake Pads 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    44 Post(s)
    My Q7 needed brake pads/discs around Christmas time (wear indicator came on) I booked it in, all good. Dropped it off when agreed, only to get a call later that day to say, they hadn't actually got the parts (you would of thought they would of known this when booking the car in), they were on back order from the mother land. I wasn't happy and had extended travel plans over Christmas.

Anyway, after a little discussion, the dealer let me have one of their cars for the duration of my Christmas travel and I left my Q7 with them until they had the part and all the brakes were changed.

Seems consumable brake parts for the Q7/SQ7 aren't well stocked in the UK

0 0 0

4. Re: Brake Pads 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    78 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nbedford View Post
    My Q7 needed brake pads/discs around Christmas time (wear indicator came on) I booked it in, all good. Dropped it off when agreed, only to get a call later that day to say, they hadn't actually got the parts (you would of thought they would of known this when booking the car in), they were on back order from the mother land. I wasn't happy and had extended travel plans over Christmas.

Anyway, after a little discussion, the dealer let me have one of their cars for the duration of my Christmas travel and I left my Q7 with them until they had the part and all the brakes were changed.

Seems consumable brake parts for the Q7/SQ7 aren't well stocked in the UK
    Yes I had same experience last year (front pads & discs), after taking car in it turned out a part (some kind of spring/clip?) was needed on back order from Deutschland. Was with dealer for 1.5 weeks, got a nice loaner A6 out of it though.

Q7 MY16 272PS S-Line Tech/Tour/Trailer packs, orca black, 21 inch 9.5J rims, rotor grey leather, sunroof, BOSE, ambient lighting, reversing cam, drivers memory seat. Gtechniq Crystal Serum Ultra. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.
    | Q7 3.0 TDi ABT Power 325bhp MY16 S-Line Tech/Tour/Trailer packs, orca black, 21 inch 9.5J rims, rotor grey leather, sunroof, BOSE, ambient lighting, reversing cam, drivers memory seat. Gtechniq Crystal Serum Ultra ceramic coating |

0 0 0

5. Re: Brake Pads 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    13 Post(s)
    I didn't get offered another car, just sent away, the rear discs and pads have been changed but apparently its something to do with the front pads that is on back order. They seem to think that I don't need front discs although the warning light came on again on the way home. I've been told that it will be 7 - 10 days before they get the front pads. I think I may be knocking on the door on Monday asking for a loaner until this is sorted.

0 0 0

6. Re: Brake Pads 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemo78 View Post
    Hi John I think I read somewhere that there is a compressor software update for the SQ and other recalls could be dependant on how old the car is vs recalls that have been out there.

There is a front facing camera one also (not sure if this applies to your car)..

Re brake pads - I guess it’s ok to drive unless they were non existent - if it wasn’t safe they’d I’m sure say so?

Hope the above helps - someone else may pop along who knows more
    That was from me Nemo... mine was in two weeks ago and they said there was a compressor software update but didn’t go into anymore detail.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

0 1 0