1. Re: B8.5 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    10 Post(s)
    I agree, there are some details that don’t appear to be correct - I think the spec list is incorrect and the configurator is more accurate.

Amusingly, if you order 3-zone climate it appears the rear zone doesn’t get controls in the back; it has to be done from the menu option on the centre console - tightwads.
    2015 Passat B8 2.0TDi 150 GT Estate in Deep Black
    2005 A2 1.4TDi 75 SE in Silver

0 0 0

2. Re: B8.5 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    8 Post(s)
    I think they've done the usual model-life-cycle thing where the specs gradually get upped as the model gets older, and then reset to stingy when the new model comes out. Except that in this case it's not a new model, just a minor update of a few bits, so making the spec so stingy and hking the prices is really taking the p*55.

0 0 0

3. Re: B8.5 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    10 Post(s)
    Yes, they seem to be selling it as a ‘new’ Passat by being super-stingy on the spec but I don’t think anyone is buying that!

0 0 0

4. Re: B8.5 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)
    Agree with all the above.

I was invited last week, by glossy invitation, to my local dealer. The invitation promised me riches on a new deal and assured me I was one of few in the country to receive this!

I went along not expecting anything but the situation was worse than I thought. Even the Sales manager was not aware of the stripping down of the spec on the Passat Estate, nor was the dealership aware of when models might start being produced, nor could they confirm prices!

I was also told that no discounts would be available because it was a new model, but when pressed they agreed that apart from minor cosmetics nothing was really new.

I have had 4 passat estates from new but I think the time has come to look elsewhere. Not because I want to, but I am not prepared to pay an inflated price for downgraded models.

Normally the local dealer has pulled something out of the bag for me, but because the GT spec has gone I don't think they can.

0 0 0

5. Re: B8.5 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jimgironde View Post
    I was also told that no discounts would be available because it was a new model, but when pressed they agreed that apart from minor cosmetics nothing was really new.
    You should point them in the direction of drivethedeal and suggest their calculator is broken as other UK dealers seem to be able to get 25% off list!

Still, I suspect to match GT spec it will cost a few quid even with the discount. I’m lucky buying used that my GT is 2015 spec so a later GT will feel like an upgrade.

0 0 0

6. Re: B8.5 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)
    Oh dear, I have just ordered a new car and it is not a Passat or even a Volksvagen, so ending an 18 year association

0 0 0

7. Re: B8.5 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    10 Post(s)
    What did you go for? Skoda Superb?

0 0 0

8. Re: B8.5 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank Bullitt View Post
    What did you go for? Skoda Superb?
    I would have considered the Superb but like VW they have not come out with new model in manual.

I had a long shortlist but signed an agreement today for a Volvo V60 D4 Manual Inscription Plus.

It has active info display which I had on GT and the Infomatic screen is the size of an IPAD.

The only missing things are the panoramic sunroof, which I hardly used, and the load area is obviously smaller, but then every load area is smaller than the Passat.

It has a few little extras above the GT which is nice but the big bonus is 0 to 60 in 7.6 secs!

0 0 0

9. Re: B8.5 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    8 Post(s)
    Quite a fiasco trying to find out when the new EVO 150PS 2 litre diesel will be available to order. It's now on the price list in both manual and DSG, and available on the configurator with DSG. Our fleet manager has been told it won't be available until next year. I asked VW on their FB page and was told it was available to order now, followed a short time later by an apology saying it will be in the next few weeks. Out of curiosity I looked on DriveTheDeal and CarWow and they both allow you to spec it for quotes - so I did that on CarWow and within a few hours had 5 quotes from VW dealers. I messaged one of them explaining the situation (that I was looking to contract hire not buy) and asking whether the fact they were able to quote meant it was available to order - got a one line answer saying "First we need to know how you are going to pay for the vehicle"!!! Messaged back explaining again that I was trying to find out when it might be available to order and whether there was any idea of delivery times, and again got a reply which didn't answer the question at all. Finally I replied and said I didn't understand why it was so hard to answer that question - I haven't heard anything since... Car salesmen...

0 0 0

10. Re: B8.5 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    10 Post(s)
    You’ve been too honest - I’d have gone back to the dealers and asked them to confirm whether an order can be placed and leave it at that, they’ll soon respond!

The V60 is a nice looking option Jim, there was one on a nearby pitch in France this summer in metallic red, looked cracking. As a member of the caravan club I can get some obscene deals on Volvo’s, the V90 in particular is outstanding if you want new!

0 0 0

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast