1. Tandum Vacuum pump. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Before going out and findng a new one (you can get used ones for 25 quid off ebay), I was wondering it my problem below was the unit itself or the seals.

I've had an oil leak for some while, which seemed to go from the back to the front along the line were the cylinderhead meets the rocker.

I did think it was the rocker cover and replaced that, but it didn't work and was worried it was the head gasket.

I have had intermittant, occasional loss of power, but I think that's a turbo problem, other than that, there has been no loss of power, no loss of oil, no emulsified oil or anything that could suggest a problem with the engine or cylinderhead gaskets; recently, there has been a small reduction in fuel consumption which I put down to the turbo.

On surfing I randomly came across a problem that it could be a leaking tandem vacuum pump. A lot of the oil and mess does seem to be under directly under it but it could also be the coming from the seal directly under it (whatever that is). I did not drain it of fuel nor removed the in/out fuel feeds thinking I could move it to one side to have a look at seals and some fuel did come out from the bottom; I took that to be normal but may not be

It took it off today as there was very little option left with the difficult possition it is on. The bolts that held it in did smell of fuels but also a therd gasket was not there, the larger metal one I expected to see was missing; this one:

https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/x2MAA...NT/s-l1600.jpg

Should this be there on all of them? is this the likely explanation for the leak.

Below are some pictures of the problem.

audi a4 1.9tdi Avant PD engine. 2000

0 0 0

2. Re: Tandum Vacuum pump. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1840 Post(s)
    The pump with the metal gasket is much better.

Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 2 0

3. Re: Tandum Vacuum pump. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    I've ordered all the external replacement gaskets and see if that will do.
    audi a4 1.9tdi Avant PD engine. 2000

0 0 0

Similar Threads

1. Please Help Vacuum Pump 8L0 862 257 G
    By Wilson Santos in forum Audi A3 - 8L - 1996 - 2003
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-08-2015, 09:08 AM
  2. Question Vacuum Pump?
    By geordiestig in forum Audi A4 - B7 Forum - 2005 - 2008
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-01-2014, 07:21 PM
  3. lack of power, failed tandum pump, diesel in oil