Hi,

Have a very strange problem. upgraded my B6 Cab to high line about 10 years ago - no issues until recently. With the upgrade I also installed "auto" lights - all good and worked fine, though every now and again I would get an error for a few seconds regarding the sensor though generally during "weird" light conditions (e.g. going under a tree in autumn or spring morning light).

a few weeks ago the light sensor error started to occur more often and after a scan of the power control module I was getting an error regarding the light sensor losing connection. I checked the cabling and all was ok. Anyway the mirror has a compass in it (bought from the US) and i noticed that sometimes when I push the brake pedal down all the way the compass goes off (i.e. no power to the center mirror/light sensor), let off the brake pedal and compass comes back on. At the same time with the brake pedal down the light sensor error appears, let it off and the error goes (but the lights get switched on) - this can be quite annoying/embarrassing in traffic when the person in front thinks I am flashing them!

One final thing (though might not be related) I noticed when my lights are on I get a buzz in the radio speakers and when I push in the brake pedal the buzz goes away.

Anyone else seen this problem, could it be the brake pedal switch? I have replaced the power control unit with a used unit but the problem still exists (note it is not all the time). don't really want to buy any more parts (car is 16 years old) unless consensus is that they could resolve the issue.

Apologies if the above rambles a bit but the issue is difficult to "describe".

Any help appreciated,

Walter.