Notices

User Tag List

Thread: Sharan 1.9 - poor idle occasional stall - EGR vacuum Pipe plugged = Stall OR Removing maf = no turbo? /power

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Re: Sharan 1.9 - poor idle occasional stall - EGR vacuum Pipe plugged = Stall OR Removing maf = no turbo? /power 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    I won’t fit anything other than a genuine VAG exchange unit which I get from TPS. This way I am 99% sure what I am fitting is correct, in the past I lost hundreds of hours fighting issues caused by aftermarket faulty Air Mass Meters, mostly in a yellow Bosch box... A few weeks ago I relented on this as a new genuine unit was obsolete and so I bought a “guaranteed” after market unit made by an “OE” supplier, the car ran worse than ever and in the end I had to settle for a known to be good used unit, actually my test unit I keep for testing, obviously, but now I don’t have one. If you fit that Peirburg insert and still have a problem I won’t know which way to help you as the pattern sensor will always be in doubt. I say 99% for genuine as from memory I have had at least four be faulty straight out of the box but at the time TPS used to put impressed stock into my stores for easy access and I had a huge range of AMM’s so I could try another to prove it was faulty, these days I hardly ever get a failed AMM.
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

2. Re: Sharan 1.9 - poor idle occasional stall - EGR vacuum Pipe plugged = Stall OR Removing maf = no turbo? /power 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Ok thanks.. There was me thinking Piersberg were better than Bosch. And given what you said about bosch fakes. So are you suggesting main dealer only? TPS are account only now aren't they?
    Something tells me this is a red herring though. changing the EGR meant that the MAF readings estimated:actual with the EGR on were now inline with what they should be. Will a bad maf make vehicle stall?

Any idea on that vac hose with the filter on it? Any ideas if that should hold a vac or not?.

0 0 0

3. Re: Sharan 1.9 - poor idle occasional stall - EGR vacuum Pipe plugged = Stall OR Removing maf = no turbo? /power 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    Yes unless you have a mate there who is prepared to lose their job it is a main dealer part. The advantage being that IF it did go wrong under warranty it the dealers job to sort it out even if you buy it from TPS so they are a lot more friendly if you bought it from them. I need to check the diagram at work for the hose. Yes a failed AMM can cause stalling but not often.
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

4. Re: Sharan 1.9 - poor idle occasional stall - EGR vacuum Pipe plugged = Stall OR Removing maf = no turbo? /power 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Crasher View Post
    Yes unless you have a mate there who is prepared to lose their job it is a main dealer part. The advantage being that IF it did go wrong under warranty it the dealers job to sort it out even if you buy it from TPS so they are a lot more friendly if you bought it from them. I need to check the diagram at work for the hose. Yes a failed AMM can cause stalling but not often.
    Thanks.. i'll give them a buzz tomorrow.. Its not often she stalls but it has done so a few times and threatens to far far more.
    I didn't mention that running without maf must be putting it into limp mode as throttle can be floored and increase is sloooowwww.

I appreciate that.. I tried propane which gave no rev increase..

0 0 0

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12