Notices

User Tag List

Thread: Any pictures of a Passat CC lowered 40mm? + Are standard shocks okay to use?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Any pictures of a Passat CC lowered 40mm? + Are standard shocks okay to use? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thinking about getting H&R 40mm springs but don't know if i also need to upgrade shocks, and if i do I may as well buy AP Coilovers as they are the same price... but also want to not go too stiff so maybe springs are better?

The CC after all is meant for comfort and i will want to go over speed bumps, so maybe 40mm springs + bilstine shocks?

0 0 0

2. Re: Any pictures of a Passat CC lowered 40mm? + Are standard shocks okay to use? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    Not a good idea, if you want a comfortable ride then don't lower it and coil overs will ruin the car for you. If the car has the factory comfort suspension, consider the factory lowering system which can often be replicated using aftermarket parts if the parts supplier knows what they are doing. Message me your reg and I can help more.
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 1 0

3. Re: Any pictures of a Passat CC lowered 40mm? + Are standard shocks okay to use? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Crasher View Post
    Not a good idea, if you want a comfortable ride then don't lower it and coil overs will ruin the car for you. If the car has the factory comfort suspension, consider the factory lowering system which can often be replicated using aftermarket parts if the parts supplier knows what they are doing. Message me your reg and I can help more.
    Hi mate thanks for the info,

what do you mean by this? "If the car has the factory comfort suspension, consider the factory lowering system which can often be replicated using aftermarket"

The car has no DCC or whatever its called and it also has no parking sensors.

what would you recommend getting to go a bit lower as the rear looks silly how high it sits.

Reg - YY08TDO

0 0 0

4. Re: Any pictures of a Passat CC lowered 40mm? + Are standard shocks okay to use? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    I missed that it was a CC, the factory options are different to the saloon. What I can see is the springs are the same as the saloon but the dampers are unique to the CC 2009>2017. Something else I can see is it has the short 55-mm front and 118mm rear bump stops so it is already lowered. I think I would suggest a set of Koni FSD dampers and Eibach srings, your car is of the higher weight group VW CC (358) 2.0TSI, 2.0TDI 11/11 on Eibach Pro-Kit 4050278037570 | eBay
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

5. Re: Any pictures of a Passat CC lowered 40mm? + Are standard shocks okay to use? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks for your help, any links to the shocks so I'm know I'm buying the right ones :P ?

I'm wanting to go 40mm but keep the comfort hence not going for coil-overs this time.

0 0 0

6. Re: Any pictures of a Passat CC lowered 40mm? + Are standard shocks okay to use? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Crasher View Post
    I missed that it was a CC, the factory options are different to the saloon. What I can see is the springs are the same as the saloon but the dampers are unique to the CC 2009>2017. Something else I can see is it has the short 55-mm front and 118mm rear bump stops so it is already lowered. I think I would suggest a set of Koni FSD dampers and Eibach srings, your car is of the higher weight group VW CC (358) 2.0TSI, 2.0TDI 11/11 on Eibach Pro-Kit 4050278037570 | eBay

Thanks for your help, any links to the shocks so I'm know I'm buying the right ones :P ?

I'm wanting to go 40mm but keep the comfort hence not going for coil-overs this time.

EDIT: hmm actually those springs you linked say "This item doesn't fit VW Passat CC 2008 357 [2008-2012] Coupe 2.0 TDI Coupe 1968ccm 140HP 103KW (Diesel)."

mine is 2008 140bhp tdi, they only fit gen2 by the looks.

They also only lower the car by 25mm, 25mm is pointless imo. may as well save the money and stay stock

0 0 0

7. Re: Any pictures of a Passat CC lowered 40mm? + Are standard shocks okay to use? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    308 Post(s)
    -25mm by Eibach is a worthy cause...

I'm just -15mm on Eibach Pro and the difference is night and day .

0 0 0

8. Re: Any pictures of a Passat CC lowered 40mm? + Are standard shocks okay to use? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gazwould View Post
    -25mm by Eibach is a worthy cause...

I'm just -15mm on Eibach Pro and the difference is night and day .
    I feel like for some reason with the CC, a small drop makes a big different, while on other cars like the gold etc 25mm would be hardly noticeable.

Is this because they sit so high from standard? People with 20mm springs look to be dropped 45mm on these

0 0 0

9. Re: Any pictures of a Passat CC lowered 40mm? + Are standard shocks okay to use? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Any problems fitting lowering springs to CC with active suspension?

0 0 0

10. Re: Any pictures of a Passat CC lowered 40mm? + Are standard shocks okay to use? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    Not that I am aware of.

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast