Notices

User Tag List

Thread: Adding an AMI unit and bluetooth streaming to my car - checklist and bluetooth adapter choice

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Adding an AMI unit and bluetooth streaming to my car - checklist and bluetooth adapter choice 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    13 Post(s)
    I've finaly had enough and want to get to get audio streaming from my Galaxy S10 and my CD unit in my Allroad doesn't have an AMI socket so I will need;
    AMI connector -
    https://www.kufatec.com/en/all-produ...r-mmi-3g-36735
    A bit of recoding in VCDS to recognise the above unit
    A cable from the AMI socket to - ?
    So far so good but what is the best bluetooth adapter?

Last edited by C6Allroad; 17-04-2019 at 08:08 PM.
    2011 A6 Allroad 3.0TDI

0 0 0

2. Re: Adding an AMI unit and bluetooth streaming to my car - checklist and bluetooth adapter choice 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    This will depend on which MMI version you have i think, 2G, 3G low, 3G+ etc...

I have a 3g low and bought that AMI unit you mention but it was for the lower version of MMI the 2G so I had to send it back and bought a cable that connect direct into the rear of my sat nav and give you the 20-pin AMI connector.
    Look at my post "A6 C6 ami retrofit onto MMI 3g low fault"
    Mines a different model to yours but the info might be useful
    I'm looking at A2DP adaptors too, if i find a decent 1 i'll let you know

0 0 0

3. Re: Adding an AMI unit and bluetooth streaming to my car - checklist and bluetooth adapter choice 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    How do I find out what level MMI I have?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

0 0 0

4. Re: Adding an AMI unit and bluetooth streaming to my car - checklist and bluetooth adapter choice 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    13 Post(s)
    2011 A6 Allroad 3.0TDI

0 0 0

5. Re: Adding an AMI unit and bluetooth streaming to my car - checklist and bluetooth adapter choice 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Still not really any wiser as the 2g and 3G all look the same

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

0 0 0

6. Re: Adding an AMI unit and bluetooth streaming to my car - checklist and bluetooth adapter choice 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    13 Post(s)
    I've ordered the Kufatec cable and a Bovee WMA3000A - I'll report back when it's fitted.
    2011 A6 Allroad 3.0TDI

0 0 0

7. Re: Adding an AMI unit and bluetooth streaming to my car - checklist and bluetooth adapter choice 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by C6Allroad View Post
    I've ordered the Kufatec cable and a Bovee WMA3000A - I'll report back when it's fitted.
    Will be interested to see if his works. I've read in principal it does but a drawback is that the MMI wont display the track names being available, just 'next track or previous track'
    I've got as far as installing the AMI cable giving me the 20 pin port in the glovebox but my plan of using an old iPhone with the Amazon music app didn't work as the tracks paused after a few seconds so I had to keep pressing play. The same happened using iTunes also
    Fingers crossed for you

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

0 0 0

8. Re: Adding an AMI unit and bluetooth streaming to my car - checklist and bluetooth adapter choice 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    13 Post(s)
    I'm not expecting any display of track info - just the ability to play Audio direct from my phone via Bluetooth. I've now got the parts and just need to fit them. How difficult did you find the glovebox removal?
    2011 A6 Allroad 3.0TDI

0 0 0

9. Re: Adding an AMI unit and bluetooth streaming to my car - checklist and bluetooth adapter choice 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    I found it simple, the only tricky bit is resting the glovebox in your shoulder when your removing the last bolt when dropping it, and installing the 1st bolt when your putting it back in (you'll see what I mean when you do it)
    From memory its 3 or 4 bolts along the top edge of it and 2 along the bottom at the edges. Any basic ratchet set should suffice

Things to note other than supporting its weight when your on the last bolt is:
    Make sure passenger seat is as far back as it can go. Gives you the maximum working space
    Lower the glovebox to gently to the foot well as the cables connecting the loom to the nav drive and CD changer can be quite tight with not much slack and you don't want to damage them
    And lastly don't switch on the ignition unless all cables are connected as it can generate a fault code which is a pain

I'll try and dig the post/video out that i watched when I first did mine

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

0 0 0

10. Re: Adding an AMI unit and bluetooth streaming to my car - checklist and bluetooth adapter choice 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    13 Post(s)
    Thanks for the tips - did you remove the CD units with the tools or leave them in situ in the glove box.
    2011 A6 Allroad 3.0TDI

0 0 0

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast