Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi
    I'm still getting issues using vcds. K1 and k2 links fine but van bus error. I think its because if the water ingress leak caused by the battery drains and the cabin filter problem. Battery bungs done but i need to redo the cabin filter issue. I used a service hard ccm and have interior lights etc now but the wiring around looks a bit dodgy and in some places five wires were joined at one stage and corroded apart. Vcds shows 2 can bus wire short to ground or similar worder fault. I need to take the freedom chair out to see what's there. Also it could be bad luck with the used ccm. And ideas where i should check for the two possibly corroded cb earth's? Also i have seen front and back window/ door harnesses(could check connections then. The one harness i can't seem to find is the ccm one. I basically want to replace the whole side. My rear windows one touch up and down have stopped working, tried the up and hold for the clock etc. But no joy. Final can i turn off the immobilizer using vcds or similar? I don't need it and could use other cut keys i have. Plus you can get a tuned engine specific tuned ECU. They turn off the immo nut i would like to do it. Sorry about the long winded text but the car is finally getting up to scratch. Had to have new clutch (dmf( and my garage in Wales is reasonable 700. He also did a few other jobs and replaced some missing transmission boltd etc. Luck i can pay my garage as and when bit by bit. Fully serviced, timing belt etc.. great car with good engine, solid body work, (a few bits in the summer) ac sender is knackered bit it should be ok after that (15£ for a febi part)
    Plus 40 mph easy around 40 to fifty local but has gone 50 plus, superb.
    Egr blanked , clean egr and manifold ready to fit, fresh braided turbo pipes to change.
    Trying to decide if it's worth straight throughing the original cat pipe. Finally hid lights to fit as Passat lights seem awful, thinking of fitting in footwell or boot and extending the lead and putting in the original lamps for mot
    Sorry, again about the essay. To many valium and painkillers. A lady knocked me down at work and then ran over my foot and ankle

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

0 0 0

2. Re: Hi, couple of issues 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1834 Post(s)
    Ouch... anyway, the 3B does not have full CAN BUS as the 3C does, just elements of CAN BUS data transfer.
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

3. Re: Hi, couple of issues 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Theres no full can bus as you say but they're are two ""imitation" can bus wiring lines that go to the dash i think and i believe it could possible be from the ccm
    Would love to get tha passenger sitting or and fresh. First job first, brand new cabin filter housing with seals. Se if i can clip the windscreen strip in this time. If not a bead of flexi seal. I bought a tube and fitted the life if me i can't find it. I'll try and update with pictures tomorrow if i get time. Apparently the mysterious " imitation" can bus lines get damaged on the doors, i suppose the constant drivers door opening. The Haynes manual wiring diagrams show the can bus wiring but their diagrams are not the best. Need to download a full wiring guide and also i would like an electronics parts catalogue line i had for my mercs

0 0 0

4. Re: Hi, couple of issues 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1834 Post(s)
    I had a 3B5 in last week with CAN errors and it was the tailgate lock switch that had failed in one position causing the issue, is yours an estate?
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

5. Re: Hi, couple of issues 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    No it's a saloon but I'll check that, that's not too bad to take apart. Just a case of working around. I would really like fo find a dry car at the scrappies or a mega cheap donor fo strip on tb3e the drive in a week and get the pikey car collectors to connect the shell with the hiab

0 0 0

6. Re: Hi, couple of issues 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    HI,
    Anybody know which Tacho/ECU to select when using vag Tacho 5. Got the old machine and managed to finally install xp. The program runs and the window with the options comes up. I have read somewhere that it is possible to use it on a b5.5 somehow.
    I think it's immobiliser 3 on t those cats according to the immo number but it only had immo 1 and 2 on the options so our must be one of the other selections

0 0 0

7. Re: Hi, couple of issues 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1834 Post(s)
    I am at work now with Elsa open, what do you need to know? What are you trying to do with VAG TACHO?

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

8. Re: Hi, couple of issues 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Trying to get the pin code to do a spare key or two. Goes all the way using k line then access denied seed etc. Could be because I've had trouble with my ccm module and a couple of wires are shorting to ground or something. Those wires go onto the dash I think because it's the can emulator wires that ate the problem when you connect vcds. K1 ok, k2 ok can problem. Maybe need to look further into the ccm first

0 0 0

9. Re: Hi, couple of issues 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1834 Post(s)
    I have VAG TACHO 5 and it has rarely ever worked for me and then I realised it was a fake version and the real thing was daft money so I set myself up with dealer level ODIS and GEKO security access.

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0