Notices

User Tag List

Thread: ---Reset service light with VCDS - Need help on how?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Question ---Reset service light with VCDS - Need help on how? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Could anyone kindly please guide me in reseting the UDS service light on a A6 C7 2014?

I have VCDS.
    I have followed endless video guides with no luck.
    I have followed endless guides with no luck.
    I have posted on 2 other forums with no luck.
    I have been out on the car 3 times messing with it, with no luck.

Monday I have a warranty repair on the car and it must have had the service done (it is) but the light must be off. So I am very much desperate now.

I have been told to do the following:

ESI: Resetting ESI, set to RESET
    SIE: distance driven from inspection, set to 0 miles
    FIX: Time since last time-dependent inspection, set to 0 days
    FIX: Distance covered since last mileage-dependent inspection, set to 0 miles
    SIE: time from inspection, set to 0 days

Problem is, ESI:RESETTING ESI does not give me the option to "RESET" only to change language! Also the others either don't exist on my 2017 version or after adjusting it doesn't reset the service light.

Attached I have a screen shot of all the channels available in the instrument.

Please someone must know?

Thanks
    Attached Images

0 0 0

2. Re: ---Reset service light with VCDS - Need help on how? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Attached is what I get when i go into ESI: Resetting ESI
    Attached Images

0 0 0

3. Re: ---Reset service light with VCDS - Need help on how? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Have you not gone the section with Sri on it?
    It’s on the start page?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

0 0 0

4. Re: ---Reset service light with VCDS - Need help on how? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    That is for older cars.

UDS protocol uses different method of resetting service light.

0 0 0

5. Re: ---Reset service light with VCDS - Need help on how? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    These drive me mad and are getting worse as newer versions come along. VCDS adds to the infuriation in showing what the MMI says is an oil change as an inspection and an inspection as a service, I think that is the right way around it shows it....
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

6. Re: ---Reset service light with VCDS - Need help on how? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Crasher View Post
    These drive me mad and are getting worse as newer versions come along. VCDS adds to the infuriation in showing what the MMI says is an oil change as an inspection and an inspection as a service, I think that is the right way around it shows it....
    Yep Real pain. I did it in the end, had to use a Launch system, easily done on that. VCDS complicates it too much. Plus, my VCDS copy clearly has a fault as the ESI resetting ESI should give me the option to RESET, but it didn't. So definitely faulty SW issue.

Launch all the way!

0 0 0

7. Re: ---Reset service light with VCDS - Need help on how? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by J4G3D View Post
    Could anyone kindly please guide me in reseting the UDS service light on a A6 C7 2014?

I have VCDS.

Why are you running version 17.8.1? May I have serial number of your VCDS? I'd like to look into this further.

0 0 0

8. Re: ---Reset service light with VCDS - Need help on how? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    Bruce mate, your service reset system just does not work on what we do, we only see the UK cars and it is utterly hopeless, sorry. I have posted about this on your own forum and just been slapped down and smugly thanked over until I gave up.
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

9. Re: ---Reset service light with VCDS - Need help on how? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Crasher View Post
    Bruce mate, your service reset system just does not work on what we do, we only see the UK cars and it is utterly hopeless, sorry. I have posted about this on your own forum and just been slapped down and smugly thanked over until I gave up.
    Crasher, I have gone through all your posts on our forum and I am not finding any where you spoke to this issue. Do point me to it please.

Next, the OP in this thread is using version 17.8.1. Further, the photos posted lead me to believe that he is using an illegal copy of VCDS. For sure the illegal copy of 17.8.1 is known to have issues with the UDS adaptation channels causing extreme confusion.

If the OP is using genuine VCDS, then some bugs in the SRI were resolved in versions 18 and 19. Our suggestion is that one tries those.

Understand that we do not accept your comment Crasher that SRI does not work and it is "utterly hopeless." Yes, we have had difficulty doing it all but we have worked many UDS issues in the last couple releases.

0 0 0

10. Re: ---Reset service light with VCDS - Need help on how? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    I don't know here they have gone but I did raise it and got slapped down. Roughly speaking the auto reset doesn't work correctly so you have to do it manually such as on the example below, I am not sure how this will come out but if you save the sri scan as it comes it looks like this

I just don't use the auto function as it won't get it right in my experience. I wish I could show you what happens.

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast