1. Dension 500 gateway 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi, I have the dension unit in the car and can't get anything to connect to it at all. Plug an iPhone 5c in and it charges but sound plays through the phone and not the speakers, tried aux cable to my Huawei phone and nothing, try a later model iPhone and nothing. Tried USB flash drives and nothing at all. Tried Samsung phones and no dice either, ordered a Bluetooth to aux cable and waiting for that, anyone any experiences of these issues or is the unit done? I have had the unit out last week because it wasn't secured and I could hear it rattling about and it was annoying, if its not plugged in then the mmi doesn't work at all so it's doing something, just not what I want it to do

Any help much appreciated

0 0 0

2. Re: Dension 500 gateway 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    10 Post(s)
    I’ve got a similar issue. Got a round connector box in the glovebox with a button in the middle of it that changes an led light on it from red to blue, or vice versa, I’ve no idea if this is the same
    device that you’ve got?

I too have no idea how to get my phone to play through the MMI, I’ve chosen the external device in the media MMI menu but like you, music still only plays through my phone.

Apologies, I’m no help to you whatsoever but hopefully this will keep your post alive until somebody that has a clue about these things comes along.

Mike.

0 0 0

3. Re: Dension 500 gateway 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi Mike thanks for the reply, glad my posts are working was afraid no one could see them. Yeah have the exact same switch, it's a bypass switch so you can use the CD changer again rather than the aux port. I have literally tried everything in every slot and still no luck. Waiting for a Bluetooth USB connection that might be the answer if not then might go old school and use an fm transmitter in the cigarette lighter and stream music through a proxy radio station. Sound quality will perhaps suffer but means I can play Spotify through it. Just gonna buy a phone cradle and use my phone as the media device

0 0 0

4. Re: Dension 500 gateway 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    You checked you flicked the switches the numbers switches to the correct one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

0 0 0

5. Re: Dension 500 gateway 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    10 Post(s)
    You’ve lost me ......?

0 0 0

6. Re: Dension 500 gateway 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I've tried the switches both directions and have the same results. Was reading that if the dension isn't earthed correctly it won't work so that's the next check point.

0 0 0

7. Re: Dension 500 gateway 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    10 Post(s)
    Excuse my ignorance, what switches do you refer to?

0 0 0

8. Re: Dension 500 gateway 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    On thé side there’s switches 1-6 you have to switch them to your car model.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

0 0 0

9. Re: Dension 500 gateway 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Did not know that, I will have to have a look. Thanks very much for that.

0 0 0

10. Re: Dension 500 gateway 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Got the aux cable to work with a Bluetooth device, bought from ebay for the grand sum of £2.50, can now play Spotify through my speakers and receive calls. Can't skip songs unless I do it on my phone which is in a holder, but risky incase I get caught using my phone behind the wheel so need to get an alternative Bluetooth device to connect to it that's not a phone

0 0 0