1. Re: S6 (and S7) goes diesel! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    8 Post(s)
    Useful thanks. Taking delivery of my 50 Avant next week so let's see what's out there in 2 yrs time!. Maybe that'll be the right time to scratch the 'RS' itch..!

0 0 0

2. Re: S6 (and S7) goes diesel! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ascr View Post
    Useful thanks. Taking delivery of my 50 Avant next week so let's see what's out there in 2 yrs time!. Maybe that'll be the right time to scratch the 'RS' itch..!
    What current model are you coming from?

0 0 0

3. Re: S6 (and S7) goes diesel! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    8 Post(s)
    C7 bitdi

0 0 0

4. Re: S6 (and S7) goes diesel! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    43 Post(s)
    C7 bitdi
    Oh no you didn't want to go and do that ....

0 0 0

5. Re: S6 (and S7) goes diesel! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    8 Post(s)
    It's ok I drove around in efficiency mode for the last 3 week's in the bitdi to acclimatise myself for when I get the 'broken' engine as my son calls it in the new car (only 1 turbo you see).

Actually not too fussed about step down in performance as only used to use the full potential of the Bitdi about 5% of the time... real world driving I'm not that fussed about the change.

I wanted the 55, but not available when I ordered, and Audi had a significant campaign for a week at start of Q1 only on the Avant, actually making it cheaper than an equivalent saloon, so no brainer finance wise.

Deciding factor for getting another A6 and taking a small hit on the performance I have been used to, was the interior.... having had 2 C7's back to back they were beginning to feel very old tech; love this new generation though, for me the best out of the big 3 German marks by a long shot.

0 0 0

6. Re: S6 (and S7) goes diesel! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    43 Post(s)
    It's ok I drove around in efficiency mode for the last 3 week's in the bitdi to acclimatise myself for when I get the 'broken' engine as my son calls it in the new car (only 1 turbo you see).

Actually not too fussed about step down in performance as only used to use the full potential of the Bitdi about 5% of the time... real world driving I'm not that fussed about the change.

I wanted the 55, but not available when I ordered, and Audi had a significant campaign for a week at start of Q1 only on the Avant, actually making it cheaper than an equivalent saloon, so no brainer finance wise.

Deciding factor for getting another A6 and taking a small hit on the performance I have been used to, was the interior.... having had 2 C7's back to back they were beginning to feel very old tech; love this new generation though, for me the best out of the big 3 German marks by a long shot.
    I wouldn't worry I was only pulling your leg. I have also let my C7 BiTDI go too and managed to get an A8 50TDI at a deal I couldn't refuse....

It's a little bit down on power from what I am used to but do I notice it. Yes you might "miss" the sound a bit but the A8 is generally quieter anyway and seems pretty quick off the mark. I am paying less than I was for my A6...

0 0 0

7. Re: S6 (and S7) goes diesel! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    14 Post(s)
    New S7 appeals to me when I replace my current A7. Quite happy with it being a nice torquey diesel!

However there is going to be the TFSI E - a torquey petrol with the option drive as all electric which, with the LEZ’s appearing, is tempting too.

Going to be down to cost and configurations on which one will suit best - can’t wait for the full specs to come out for both!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    VW Passat GT 4 Motion 2.0 BiTdi, '16MY in Midnight Blue, keyless entry, memory seats, active info display and Discover Nav Pro
    Audi A7 20MY Vorsprung 3.0tdi in Daytona grey, with optional rear cup holders! (Previously A7 16my S Line)

0 0 0

8. Re: S6 (and S7) goes diesel! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by El-Cap View Post
    New S7 appeals to me when I replace my current A7. Quite happy with it being a nice torquey diesel!

However there is going to be the TFSI E - a torquey petrol with the option drive as all electric which, with the LEZ’s appearing, is tempting too.

Going to be down to cost and configurations on which one will suit best - can’t wait for the full specs to come out for both!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I do think they are making a mistake here. The S6 and S7 never sold in great numbers people either stuck with the regular A's or went to the RS models if you look at the number of used cars in the market there are very few S6 or S7.

When I swapped to my BiTDi last time the S6 was about another 8-10k from memory and apart from the really nice engine you got a very similar car with the sports differential, air suspension and some nicer seats.

If they expect the same premium for a car with significantly less power than I think they will shoot themselves in the foot!

0 0 0

9. Re: S6 (and S7) goes diesel! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)
    I think this is a big mistake too. I have always had 'sensible' engined A6s. My current C7 being my 1st 3 ltr. With the demonisation of diesel, I had already decided to move to petrol for my next one. The LEZ in London is already any diesel older than 2016. Many cities to follow. With the changes to the VED rates, my thinking was it would be a great opportunity to finally push the boat out so to speak, spoil myself and go for the S6 which I've always wanted, as the annual VED rates are the same as a TDi50. And stick 2 fingers up to the government with their fake concerns over CO2 emissions! I'm not able to afford the RS6. It's just too expensive for my budget. If the S6 is going to be a diesel, I might as well stick with the car I have. It has less power, yes, but most of the time it has plenty enough. I can wait for Audi to hopefully come to their senses and bring out a petrol S6 later.
    2017 model A6 Avant Black Edition 3.0Tdi (272) Quattro, Sepang Blue Exclusive Paint, Tech Pack, Matrix LEDs, Ambient Lighting, 20" 5 Twin Spoke Wheels, S Line Suspension, Audi Smartphone Interface, Debadged

0 1 0

10. Re: S6 (and S7) goes diesel! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    55 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChuckMountain View Post
    Erm what the heck are they thinking. I mean its one thing going diesel but dropping the power by over 100ps ....

The US still get the petrol version
    There is no much to thing about, you just look at sales numbers and its easy to figure out what can be sold to people.
    Last S6 was bought by almost nobody.
    So they just made high horsepower bestseller S6 not A6 now and it will sell so much better.
    Current cars:
    2007 Passat b6 2.0 tdi BMR DSG
    2013 Golf MK7 1.6 tdi 5 speed

0 0 0

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast